IGNORED

New Brentford Badge

bcfcshorey

1 hour ago, matalan12 said:

love our badge. no reason to change it at all. hate it when clubs do. much better to keep things traditional, rather than all these modern designs that all end up looking the same.

keep seeing stuff about bring back the robin, when actually the crest of Bristol is our traditional badge.

Well, of our 9  designs, 4 haven't been the crest (3 Robin designs and one 'BC82') - and we wore a Robin badge as far back as 1949. 

12 hours ago, matalan12 said:

love our badge. no reason to change it at all. hate it when clubs do. much better to keep things traditional, rather than all these modern designs that all end up looking the same.

keep seeing stuff about bring back the robin, when actually the crest of Bristol is our traditional badge.

Think you need to take your mask off and have a close look at the crest badge and then you will see why people do not like it. 

We are known by fans and the media as the Robins as our nickname. Brentford are known as the Bees. They have a badge that represents their nickname even though the bee is starting to look like a wasp. 

7 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Think you need to take your mask off and have a close look at the crest badge and then you will see why people do not like it. 

We are known by fans and the media as the Robins as our nickname. Brentford are known as the Bees. They have a badge that represents their nickname even though the bee is starting to look like a wasp. 

I'm not sure people have as much of a problem with the crest as you make out. The topic comes up regularly on here and there is never an overwhelming consensus that would should return to the robin. Indeed there are plenty of people like @BS4 on Tour... who are happy to defend the crest. So perhaps you have the mask on.

That said, I would welcome a more modern and simplified version of our club badge, whatever that may entail. I think a lot of the redesigns happening at the moment are to do with making badges more online-friendly, where simple always works best. Club badges are things that do tend to evolve over the years, so it's not an area where I particularly think we need to cling to the same design forever.

36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not sure people have as much of a problem with the crest as you make out. The topic comes up regularly on here and there is never an overwhelming consensus that would should return to the robin. Indeed there are plenty of people like @BS4 on Tour... who are happy to defend the crest. So perhaps you have the mask on.

That said, I would welcome a more modern and simplified version of our club badge, whatever that may entail. I think a lot of the redesigns happening at the moment are to do with making badges more online-friendly, where simple always works best. Club badges are things that do tend to evolve over the years, so it's not an area where I particularly think we need to cling to the same design forever.

Apologies if I've misled anyone but I'm firmly in the 'we want our Robin back' camp - I'm not sure when/how I've defended the crest...

8 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Plenty of teams have a crest which doesn't have a direct hint at their nickname. 

People seem to think the Robin is somehow our 'traditional' badge despite the current crest being a modernised version of a badge we wore 50 years prior to the Robin making an appearance. 

I'm neither for nor against a refresh of the badge but the current badge is certainly a lot closer to our 'traditional' badge than the Robin is. 

I'd actually quite like a Brentford style badge but with a Robin - but hopefully something that looks classy rather than one clenching a cider can in its fist. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies if I've misled anyone but I'm firmly in the 'we want our Robin back' camp - I'm not sure when/how I've defended the crest...

Apologies. My mistake, it was @matalan12 who defended the crest. I muddled up my posts. The point still stands though - there is not an overwhelming consensus on this one.

As you said yourself, only 3 of our 9 badges feature the robin so I don't see it as particularly anti-tradition that our current crest doesn't.

I'm not a big fan of dumbing down and simplifying Club crests. It looks cheap to me. And reflects society today...dumbed down and simple ;-)

The new designs like our Robin badge of the 70's and the new Brentford badge I can get.

I'm undecided as to what I prefer for us as a Club.

What I do know, is I don't like what we've got right now. It looks cheap and tacky. Cartoon Unicorns....really? :facepalm: Looks a joke....even worse than the mincing pirate imo.

Funnily whilst have a clear out this morning, I found my collection of Esso football badges from the 70's....proper Crests the majority.

Worth noting...underneath our badge it says....Founded 1894

DSC06480.JPG

On 10/11/2016 at 22:04, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not being deliberately flippant mate, but apart from being round, with a bit of red in there, how are they remotely the same?!

I also didn't understand the poster above who said it reminded him/her of Man City's badge...given your criteria it must remind you of Charlton's badge too? And loads of others?!

They both have flippedy flappedy flying things.

On 11/11/2016 at 10:31, Woodsy said:

I like it. I hope City are looking at it and get in on the act. Badges have become far too busy. I like the simpler ones that teams are doing now, and in the circle it tops it off beautifully

@Manon - get what you're saying about making it look aggressive, but that goes a little too American for me

If any Brentford fans don't like it, remember that it could just as easily been a pair of nylons, or a bottle of Lucozade instead of the bee.....

Well, if we're using symbolism, just think what kind of a badge we could have.....:whistle::blink:

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 15:23, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Talking of Man City, I was up near the Etihad yesterday. Could see the badge on the back of the stand a mile off - it is huge!

Always amuses me that Man City play in the Ethiad Stadium which translates roughly as United Stadium in Arabic

Archived