IGNORED

Austria vs Ireland Scouting

Unan

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'd be very disappointed if Des Taylor wasn't at the Austria/Ireland game. I'd be just as disappointed if City didn't have a scout at the Croatia/Iceland game either.

Its good practice - nothing more or nothing less.

18 WC qualifiers in Europe yesterday and today (discounting the England game) so why flag these games in particular? Surely we don't need to be scouting our own players so who are the players you are suggesting are being watched? And before anyone corrects me I counted the games rather quickly so might be 1 or 2 out ;)

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

18 WC qualifiers in Europe yesterday and today (discounting the England game) so why flag these games in particular? Surely we don't need to be scouting our own players so who are the players you are suggesting are being watched? And before anyone corrects me I counted the games rather quickly so might be 1 or 2 out ;)

I`d hope we`d have scouts, or at least someone who`s watching on behalf of the club, at most if not all of the games involving players that are likely to be in our sights. Perhaps not some of the more far flung locations, or games like Liechtenstein v Italy, but most of the others at least.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`d hope we`d have scouts, or at least someone who`s watching on behalf of the club, at most if not all of the games involving players that are likely to be in our sights. Perhaps not some of the more far flung locations, or games like Liechtenstein v Italy, but most of the others at least.

That's the key - so, who are we watching?

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That's the key - so, who are we watching?

The six million dollar question if ever there was one mate! You`d hope that players from the likes of Austria & Iceland would be the sort we`d be considering but who knows? I expect there`s a fair bit of networking involved as well so we get tips in the future from other scouts about players that they`ve watched but their clubs have decided not to pursue for whatever reason and our blokes do the same.

5 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Probably a draw but we'll be hockeyed twice by Wales, and by Serbia and Austria in the return fixtures so we won't qualify anyway.

Bit pessimistic mate! Two wins from those four and you`re in with a great shout I reckon, particularly if they`re both against Wales. Bale just got booked too so one more and he misses a game - ideally a second one tonight for you guys I should think!

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bit pessimistic mate! Two wins from those four and you`re in with a great shout I reckon, particularly if they`re both against Wales. Bale just got booked too so one more and he misses a game - ideally a second one tonight for you guys I should think!

You have to keep expectations low. The team is going well at the moment but all three of those sides have better players than us. I dread to think what Bale and co will do to us if he doesn't see red tonight!

Archived