IGNORED

Under 23s v Ipswich

And Its Smith

32 minutes ago, cynic said:

"Morrell squares the ball to Freeman unmarked on the edge of the area"

No prizes for guessing what happens next..

Thing is, we joke, but this sums up Freeman to a tee. We know he can beat players for fun, opposition fans rave about him, but he can't finish for toffee, and his crossing is awful. 

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

You only have to watch the warm ups before games to see just how poor the technique is with some of our players.

Reid, although he has scored a few to be fair, is generally abject in front of goal and is on a par with Freeman in that respect.

Was saying this on Sat with people I went with. At every away game we do this shooting exercise, and it's embarrassing how crap most of them are at getting it on target. Reid has scored a few so far this season but he's also missed some really really good chances. 

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

You only have to watch the warm ups before games to see just how poor the technique is with some of our players.

Reid, although he has scored a few to be fair, is generally abject in front of goal and is on a par with Freeman in that respect.

Freeman and Envall were having a crossbar challenge at the end of the warm up on Sat. Both were impressively successful.

Now just a bit lower Luke please!

Morrell was someone widely tipped to be our next big thing a few years ago, I know he's still only young but it would be nice to see the likes of him and Dowling getting time on the bench or at least seeming close to the squad. I guess theres a lot of competition in our midfield though.

5 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

As he is a trialist they have cleverly disguised his actual identity, BasCombe is his first and middle names amalgamated into one. His surname... Savage... 

The prodigal son has returned ladies and gents! Welcome home. =) 

Bet the sniper's polishing up his sights as we speak!

Just had a look through the tweets and noticed Freeman had a shot pushed against the bar in the first half.

Another tweet tells of his 'superb trickery' ( yes, I know they like to exaggerate sometimes) in beating 2 defenders and his cross finding Di Giralomo for a header.

Trickery, crossing and shooting all OK then!

All in all sounds like he's had a good game and hopefully he'll be back in the team on Saturday.

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Wonder if he's anywhere near the first team squad?

LJ said recently he is unlucky that he has Tomlin ahead of him because he's been pushing hard. Probably a bit of an exaggeration but it was high praise when he said it. I think he's as close as Lucic is to the first team with those two being leaps and bounds ahead of the rest(who are much younger to be fair to them). 

Archived