IGNORED

Moore

ciderbeans

13 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

He's started one game at RB for us. Got hoisted off a half time after costing us a goal.

And your point is?

Christ...half a game, and in your opinion made a mistake. So that justifies the statement 'he can't play RB.' Stop making an arse of yourself fella.  you can't judge a player on one half, and make statements like that. Do you know how stupid that makes you look? Keep to supporting the team, rather than making stupid comments about players. Londoner does have a point. Everyone is entitled to an opinion...but there has to be a limit.

Based on your reasoning, Mark Little and Frank Fielding should never set foot on a football pitch ever again.:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

And your point is?

Christ...half a game, and in your opinion made a mistake. So that justifies the statement 'he can't play RB.' Stop making an arse of yourself fella.  you can't judge a player on one half, and make statements like that. Do you know how stupid that makes you look? Keep to supporting the team, rather than making stupid comments about players. Londoner does have a point. Everyone is entitled to an opinion...but there has to be a limit.

Based on your reasoning, Mark Little and Frank Fielding should never set foot on a football pitch ever again.:facepalm:

It wasn't the fact he made a mistake, it was the type of the mistake, and he kept getting caught out the same way. 

Thats one of the first things full backs are taught in their development, which leads me to believe he hasn't had any coaching as a right back, which is backed up by his quote. 

Dont get me wrong, against hull, at centre back, he looked class. 

20 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Dont get me wrong, against hull, at centre back, he looked class. 

Taylor Moore will eventually become a class act and to secure his signature was a significant coup for MA and LJ. No doubt at that he would have been on the radar of other clubs. 

Lets not forget how young and inexperienced he is and obviously LJ doesn't feel that Moore is quite ready yet for the rigours of the SBC. It's a very tough league and we saw how Vyner struggled with step up. A chance was taken by LJ on him but it didn't work quite yet and he won't want to put Moore in a similar position.  

Othr teams are quite aware of which players are inexperienced as will try to exploit that fact. Exactly that happened o Vyner.

I'm probably more aligned to Spud's view here.

You can't judge a player on 1/2 game, 1 game etc.  You can start to form a view after 4,5,6.  That's why players get scouted several times. Of course you can have an opinion, and you can also be critical of individual moments in games, a whole game, a run of games, just as much as praising over the same time frames.  We've all gone overboard about a player based on a game, but that seems more acceptable than when we're critical.  I'm guilty of going overboard about Tammy's first 23 minutes.  I didn't predict he'd get us 25 goals this season, but I did think the boy has significant talent.

You can also change your view over time.  That's the beauty of it.  He might always be crap at RB, but he might end up playing his whole career there.

The other dynamic of it is that we usually isolate our view to an individual, e.g. Taylor Moore was at fault for the Forest goal, , so therefore he ain't a RB, but in open play, what happened prior to that.  Also, who was playing alongside him, or in front of him.  Was Flint directing his positioning?  He certainly likes Matthews to start very narrow when playing alongside him.  I've never seen anyone set up so narrow.

I'm not trying to defend Moore (or Spud's view of him), but I think Little's RB performances were better with Freeman playing in front of him, Paterson (as much as I rate him) hasn't got the work rate, discipline or defensive nous that Freeman has.  In the Forest game, who played in front of him?  O'Dowda and Paterson.  Was that a factor?  Dunno....we can have our views though.

Finally, didn't Vyner, a centre-back, make his first team debut as a RB v MK Dons?  Not sure this is relevant, but I bet you a number of young centre backs across the pro game, get first taste as a RB or LB because physically and positionally it's less risky that playing them through the middle.  

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Taylor Moore will eventually become a class act and to secure his signature was a significant coup for MA and LJ. No doubt at that he would have been on the radar of other clubs. 

Lets not forget how young and inexperienced he is and obviously LJ doesn't feel that Moore is quite ready yet for the rigours of the SBC. It's a very tough league and we saw how Vyner struggled with step up. A chance was taken by LJ on him but it didn't work quite yet and he won't want to put Moore in a similar position.  

Othr teams are quite aware of which players are inexperienced as will try to exploit that fact. Exactly that happened o Vyner.

Ha....you mentioned Vyner whilst I was typing!  Brighton really looked like they played everything through Jamie Murphy last season in the 0-4 defeat.  They did it again this season with Murphy v Little.  Murphy loves playing us....think Sheffield Utd!  Maybe we should've bought him, purely to stop him playing against us.  A very good player, off either foot,with real pace.

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

As I said above, I`d like to see him in a back three with Flint & Mags and Adam Matthews and Joe Bryan as wingbacks. When we`ve got enough points on the board to risk it of course!

I'll risk it for a swisskit-do it in the cup game......that would shake a few cages on here!

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I suspect that Moore could also do very well as a defensive midfielder in front of a back four.

Yes, from what I have seen of him, he reminded me of Eric Dier or Carrick. Big enough to play centre back, but mobile enough to play further forward too.

As LJ likes to be able to change formations during a game , as well as from game to game, I would like to see us try a three at the back.  Mags and Moore either side of Flint looks a promising line up, add Joe and Mathews (even Brownhill) as WB's and I really see this working and add an option.  My criticism of Moore at fullback has been more towards over enthusiasm , at times he has looked too keen to get close or challenge his man which has led to problems, just because he can play there doesn't mean he will , I think if Mathews had been up to speed we would have seen a little of TM as we have of Engvall.  The 3 CBs would also be more of a 3-4-1-2 when dominating games, allowing us to play Tomlin and 2 up top. Other occasions  it can be a solid 5-3-2 or 5-4-1--1 but it gives chance to blood TM.

In a CB paring the only chance will be injury , when you're potentially throwing him at the deep end , or Cup games when he may be playing in a weakened side. There is a lot of promise there for sure, LJ has some interesting dilemmas ahead , even more so with some more clever January buy's.

I think he can play RB but in the little time I've seen him, he's looks far more comfortable at CB. I don't think we should stunt his growth(IMO) and try to make him a RB. He's a CB for me with the versatility to slot in at RB when needed. If the only way he can game time is at RB then by all means play him there from time to time but I wouldn't try to make him a full time one. 

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think he can play RB but in the little time I've seen him, he's looks far more comfortable at CB. I don't think we should stunt his growth(IMO) and try to make him a RB. He's a CB for me with the versatility to slot in at RB when needed. If the only way he can game time is at RB then by all means play him there from time to time but I wouldn't try to make him a full time one. 

Like we stunted Louis Carey's growth by playing him at right back when he started?

I don't think it's uncommon to bring centre halves into the first team at full back provided they have some of the attributes to play there. It's a position where mistakes are less dangerous and they can learn the game with someone alongside to cover them.

Moore is 19 and seems to be a smart young man. He knows he'll have to bide his time and learn his trade and I imagine he'll be happy to do so. Flint is a strong, driven warrior of a player of the sort we lacked for years after McCombe left and Carey became too old. A pairing of Magnusson and Moore may sound appealing and one day it may be reality but right now it would be far too nice for the Championship. Dropping Flint would be absolute madness of the highest order.

11 hours ago, spudski said:

I don't believe I'm wrong, otherwise I'd say so. I believe the quote to be misinterpreted and out of context from the editing.

Trying to turn this round from an edited quote, against seeing for your own eyes as to how well he can play at RB and how silly your first quote looks, is rather pulling at straws.

I've translated another interview for you...perhaps the words 'Versatile defender and can also play in midfield' will also fall flat with you. Quote...

After Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Israel Cyprian, another young hope formed at RC Lens leaves the club blood and gold. Taylor Moore, 19, officially committed Thursday with Bristol City, playing in the Championship, the 2nd division English club. "J'ai enjoyed every minute spent at Lens but my experience was to be conclure", he said on the website of his new club. "I am back in England and I think Bristol City is the right place for moi". "
British citizen, Taylor Moore arrived in the Pas-de-Calais at the age of 7 years with his family. He joined the sheet formation 5 years later. After an encouraging start in Ligue 1 at the end of 2014-2015 season, his relationship with his coach, Antoine Kombouaré, have deteriorated. Last season, young versatile 19 Defender, who can also play in midfield, has mostly played with the reserve team in CFA and played only 5 games in Ligue 2. He also played the final of the Gambardella Cup with the U19, wearing for the occasion the captain's armband.
His new club, Bristol City, is not the most upscale in England, but Taylor Moore no doubt hope to get playing time. "I did only 19, so I can still say I'm young, but I believe that my time is venue", he announced Thursday. Across the channel, the now playing seem to enjoy a good reputation since he is also captain of the England U19 team. His contract with the blood and gold ended in June 2017 but coach Alain Casanova decided not to detain him. "S'il showed footballing and mental characteristics that can bring us a more, I would not let him leave. I didn't feel ca ", said Wednesday at a press conference. According to the voice of the North, Bristol City paid 1.7 million euros to the RCL to secure the services of the young English hope committed for three years. ''

Thanks for letting me know what I have and don't have...I was trying to be polite in agreeing to disagree...seems it fell on deaf ears.

The most amazing bit of Franglais I have ever read.

There are probably three posters on here that can understand it ! 

We've been spoilt recently since neither Flint or Magnusson have been injured but it will happen one day. We need to have 4 CB's in the squad so it's not a case of Flint or Moore, we need both of them. I'm sure Moore will be given a chance in the FA Cup games coming up.

Considering how we struggled to find decent CB's last time (remember the McInnes loans?) we were in the Championship now we've got some we need to hold onto them.

44 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

We've been spoilt recently since neither Flint or Magnusson have been injured but it will happen one day. We need to have 4 CB's in the squad so it's not a case of Flint or Moore, we need both of them. I'm sure Moore will be given a chance in the FA Cup games coming up.

Considering how we struggled to find decent CB's last time (remember the McInnes loans?) we were in the Championship now we've got some we need to hold onto them.

They don`t get booked that often either so no five yellows suspensions. For the type of player Flint is I bet his booking stats are way lower than most CBs in this league.

2 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Like we stunted Louis Carey's growth by playing him at right back when he started?

I don't think it's uncommon to bring centre halves into the first team at full back provided they have some of the attributes to play there. It's a position where mistakes are less dangerous and they can learn the game with someone alongside to cover them.

Moore is 19 and seems to be a smart young man. He knows he'll have to bide his time and learn his trade and I imagine he'll be happy to do so. Flint is a strong, driven warrior of a player of the sort we lacked for years after McCombe left and Carey became too old. A pairing of Magnusson and Moore may sound appealing and one day it may be reality but right now it would be far too nice for the Championship. Dropping Flint would be absolute madness of the highest order.

I never suggested dropping Flint. I did also say if that's the only way he can get some game time then by all means play him there sometimes but not try to make him something he's not. He can fill in when needed but I don't see a full time RB. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I never suggested dropping Flint. I did also say if that's the only way he can get some game time then by all means play him there sometimes but not try to make him something he's not. He can fill in when needed but I don't see a full time RB. 

Yeah, sorry. I quoted your post but my reply was aimed at several people.

I don't see him as a full time RB either but I can see him getting more game time there than at CB until he's a bit more experienced.

8 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I don't see him as a full time RB either but I can see him getting more game time there than at CB until he's a bit more experienced.

IF we were to lose Flint in January (just for the record, I hope we don`t and don`t think we will) would LJ feel happy putting TM in to the centre or would we sign someone else? I suspect the latter. That`s no reflection on Taylor, I just think he needs to be eased in gently and when it suits us and him and not just as a reaction to circumstances. The odd game to cover an injury or suspension is fine but I think it`s too much of a risk to expect him to perform week in week out in the championship just yet. It could destroy his confidence if he`s being run ragged by experienced championship strikers game after game.

We're one injury away from Moore being thrown into the first team with all the demands that Christmas and the New Year will bring.

It's a rare luxury for BCFC to have a player waiting in the wings who many believe has the potential to step straight into the first team - and be equivalent or better than the existing first choice.  If we are to progress as a club then we need this backup throughout the squad rather than surviving on minimal numbers or with second string players that nobody feels can cut it on match day.

I think Moore will get his chance (at RB or CB) but it feels uncomfortable holding a player back when age/inexperience is the main reason for not giving them a start.  We need to manage that discomfort and accept it is part of the progress the club is making.

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

That's alright. I agree 100% then. 

Archived