IGNORED

Biggest Surprise Saturday

Port Said Red

I don't think it was mentioned anywhere else and I have only just remembered to post about this myself, but did anyone else think it was a real surprise to see Hordur taking a free kick on the edge of the box? After Tomlins protestations about how he should be taking everything in those areas I thought it was quite a departure. I wonder if Hordur has impressed Tomlin with his ability in this area in training, or whether it was just a switch to keep the goalkeeper on his toes?

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think it was mentioned anywhere else and I have only just remembered to post about this myself, but did anyone else think it was a real surprise to see Hordur taking a free kick on the edge of the box? After Tomlins protestations about how he should be taking everything in those areas I thought it was quite a departure. I wonder if Hordur has impressed Tomlin with his ability in this area in training, or whether it was just a switch to keep the goalkeeper on his toes?

The latter I think. LT said what he did as part of the mind games too I reckon.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

No - have a look through Youtube he's hit a few decent free kicks in his time

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

No - have a look through Youtube he's hit a few decent free kicks in his time

I think we knew this before he arrived, but many will feel Tomlin is better and should take most of them.

However like any bowler will tell you, you can't keep bowling the same ball every time. Having the reverse swing in your arsenal and using it keeps the batsman, or in this case keeper, guessing.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Sorry....I'm lost here..........:dunno:

He thinks your suggesting Tomlin's free kick vs Aston Villa was scored with his left foot.

When in fact, you've just pointed out Tomlin scored a free kick from a position suited to a left footed player despite being right footed.

I think ha

6 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

He thinks your suggesting Tomlin's free kick vs Aston Villa was scored with his left foot.

When in fact, you've just pointed out Tomlin scored a free kick from a position suited to a left footed player despite being right footed.

I think ha

Makes sense if that's what you meant @Robbored, although iirc that was a bit more central

30 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

I think ha

Thanks for explaining that.....

I thought that maybe some posters thought Tomlin was left footed.........:facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I was making the point that Tomlin's freekick was 'for a left footer' and for me makes little difference what side it is on for either of them to have a go. 

Why didn't you say that in the first place?  or maybe you just enjoy confusing me.

19 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Wasn't it a fair bit out? He seems to go for power where as Tomlin looks to be more precise. Could be the reason.

I think so too. When ever we get a free kick the voices in my head either say 'That's in Tomlin's range' or 'That's too far out for Tomlin' or even 'Help, Tomlin's been subbed' 

Archived