IGNORED

"1-0 down, 2-1 up...."

BS4 on Tour...

24 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That Martin Hirst goal was when I finally believed that the worst of the dark days were behind us and we were on our way back.

This exactly

This game gave many hope and belief that we were coming back

And the pride it gave back to thousands of reds was monumental.

Like you @Red Right Hand Always felt this was the start , furthered by the climb out of the bottom tier ,and then later the 86 Wembley Appearance announced we were 'back' as a club

One of the best away days ever - those who weren't there may seemed surprised if I say it at least matched if not bettered winning at Anfield in 94

:city::chant6ez:

I can remember Terry Cooper complaining about City's winner! He said he wanted a replay to earn the club some extra money. (I was never sure if he was joking or serious) It's interesting to see Rovers old ground at Eastville again as it was such a ramshackle mishmash of old stands, but compared to the Memorial Stadium  it's like Wembley

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This exactly

Like you @Red Right Hand Always felt this was the start , furthered by the climb out of the bottom tier ,and then later the 86 Wembley Appearance announced we were 'back' as a club

One of the best away days ever - those who weren't there may seemed surprised if I say it at least matched if not bettered winning at Anfield in 94

We were very unlucky against (1st Div.) Notts Co, in the next round.

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

We were very unlucky against (1st Div.) Notts Co, in the next round.

Not so much unlucky as cheated out of it up there. I can still see Rachid Harkouk going down like he`d been shot a good yard outside the box and getting the penalty that made it 2-2. I reckon that knocked the stuffing out of us, we never turned up for the replay and lost 2-0. My mate still spits when you mention the ref, Norman Glover who was truly awful in both games.

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not so much unlucky as cheated out of it up there. I can still see Rachid Harkouk going down like he`d been shot a good yard outside the box and getting the penalty that made it 2-2. I reckon that knocked the stuffing out of us, we never turned up for the replay and lost 2-0. My mate still spits when you mention the ref, Norman Glover who was truly awful in both games.

Well, that`s what I meant. Bastards.

As someone said we had a huge mob that day and can remember the Bell at Redcliffe being rammed and loads had tote end tickets that day but we were just taken around to open end. Great day and start of the comeback from oblivion and days of 2500 at home to Halifax the year before.  Terry Cooper will never be forgotten for getting our pride back

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This exactly

Better than Anfield and only bettered by Highfield Road in '77

Archived