IGNORED

'We Need Three Transfer Windows'

petehinton

I've heard LJ say how far away we are and that we need 3 recruitment windows a few times now and it's losing me. Doesn't every club need 3 windows? A very strange and cryptic statement. Any manager in the country at all clubs could say they need more transfers.

Doesn't 3 windows mean that a decent % of these players/signings in the summer won't be here anymore? More than likely. 

What worries me is the fact we're nearly half way through the season and don't know our best 11. Or best formation. Or best keeper. Sign an out and out no 10 and play him out wide then have people ridicule him for not playing like a no 10. Sign Paterson late in the summer then after 3 months he's deemed not good enough to even be on the bench. And then there's Engvall...

I'm hopeful it'll come good but an extension for his contract when we are still far from getting it right on the pitch it's a strange (and arguably needless) move. For me we need to sort how much longer is it going to take to actual see some sort of identity and fluidity on the pitch...

It's a squad game - there is no "best 11". Same spine for sure but the other 7 positions are up for grabs.

I posted on another thread that City at least two more quality midfielders, another striker and reliable right back.

LJ won't be getting those in the upcoming window. Top players very rarely become available in January.

Archived