IGNORED

Is it time for Lucic?

Redcliffe1990

45 minutes ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

With recent mistakes from both ROD and Frankie are we nearing Lucic's league debut?

I'm sure that possibility has crossed LJs mind but he may decide the dropping FF could destroy any remaining confidence that FF has.  That said he also might think that FF is still shot after his howler and therefore be prone to another. 

As for Lukic - he's very young and inexperienced and LJ may consider that he not ready yet to make the step up. 

RoD is another possibility and only LJ and the coaches know how each of the keepers is training.

Whichever way you look at it it's a tough call.

But he's currently our No 2 so LJ must see something there to think he can step up. 

I think he'll play the FA Cup game but not tomorrow or Saturday. 

I would like him to get a chance though. FF gives me the heebie jeebies on crosses, back passes and certainly does that to the back four too. 

ROD seems a better keeper but LJ has publicly criticised him so his days are numbered i reckon. 

Not for me

My main reason - If Lucia comes in and he has a nervy start , makes a blunder we would be in a GK mess - ROD seemingly demoted to third choice an U23 football, FF would have been dropped after errors at Huddersfield , and a young keeper who's now also made a blunder

in that scenario which of the three would we then turn to for the following game

IMHO - Stick with FF with fingers crossed for a few games without drama

Later in season with , hopefully any wobble righted - THEN would be the time to blood Lucic , under less pressure and with a 2nd keeper (FF ?) not out of form or short of confidence , ready to step in should Lucic have a shaky / poor start

57 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Frankie has had fewer bad games this season than there are threads calling for him to axed.  

One bad game is enough for some city fans 

It's not about one bad game RD...he and RoD have had some real howlers in recent times.

If they were not here when LJ took over, do you think they would be on his list of GK's to sign? I personally don't.

FF may have good reflexes and be a good shot stopper. He may have good one on one attributes. He maybe a nice bloke, honest, Professional and non disruptive.

However...does he command his penalty area? Is he good at communication? Is he good in the air? Does he give the defence confidence? Does he influence a game? What is his decision making like? What is his distribution like? Is he comfortable with the ball at his feet? What's his first touch like?

To all those questions I've asked, I'd answer that he wasn't good enough to be a No.1 Championship Goalkeeper.

The modern Goalkeeper has to be at 'football' as the last defender. He has to have the ability to play like a sweeper. FF is one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen with his feet. The worst first touch, poor distribution and takes an eternity to make a decision. Way too slow.

Sorry...he's not good enough....and neither is RoD imo.

Maybe not the time to drop him...but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another Keeper being brought in soon or Lucic used...who imo, from the times I've watched him, has better potential all round.

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's not about one bad game RD...he and RoD have had some real howlers in recent times.

If they were not here when LJ took over, do you think they would be on his list of GK's to sign? I personally don't.

FF may have good reflexes and be a good shot stopper. He may have good one on one attributes. He maybe a nice bloke, honest, Professional and non disruptive.

However...does he command his penalty area? Is he good at communication? Is he good in the air? Does he give the defence confidence? Does he influence a game? What is his decision making like? What is his distribution like? Is he comfortable with the ball at his feet? What's his first touch like?

To all those questions I've asked, I'd answer that he wasn't good enough to be a No.1 Championship Goalkeeper.

The modern Goalkeeper has to be at 'football' as the last defender. He has to have the ability to play like a sweeper. FF is one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen with his feet. The worst first touch, poor distribution and takes an eternity to make a decision. Way too slow.

Sorry...he's not good enough....and neither is RoD imo.

Maybe not the time to drop him...but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another Keeper being brought in soon or Lucic used...who imo, from the times I've watched him, has better potential all round.

Didn't say I wouldn't be looking at someone else did I ?  Out of the current options Fielding is easily the best.

You take a sentence or two and produce a full blown article off the back of it!

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not for me

My main reason - If Lucia comes in and he has a nervy start , makes a blunder we would be in a GK mess - ROD seemingly demoted to third choice an U23 football, FF would have been dropped after errors at Huddersfield , and a young keeper who's now also made a blunder

in that scenario which of the three would we then turn to for the following game

IMHO - Stick with FF with fingers crossed for a few games without drama

Later in season with , hopefully any wobble righted - THEN would be the time to blood Lucic , under less pressure and with a 2nd keeper (FF ?) not out of form or short of confidence , ready to step in should Lucic have a shaky / poor start

I agree with you all you've said.

15 hours ago, nickolas said:

But he's currently our No 2 so LJ must see something there to think he can step up. 

I think he'll play the FA Cup game but not tomorrow or Saturday. 

I would like him to get a chance though. FF gives me the heebie jeebies on crosses, back passes and certainly does that to the back four too. 

ROD seems a better keeper but LJ has publicly criticised him so his days are numbered i reckon. 

Bang on mate totally agree

Archived