IGNORED

Scott Hogan? Anyone

TwoSheds

4 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-boss-8203-lee-johnson-drops-the-biggest-hint-yet-over-brentford-fc-striker-scott-hogan/story-29981860-detail/story.html

Seen this on the evil post, looked very good last night against us. I think LJ tried to sign him up when at Oldham. Maybe a good buy in January, would take the pressure of Tammy

Might do, but let's hope he doesn't play like he did last night if he came here.

Missed as many sitters as Tammy AND was offside as frequently as Engvall!

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Might do, but let's hope he doesn't play like he did last night if he came here.

Missed as many sitters as Tammy AND was offside as frequently as Engvall!

I personally thought he looked a handful last night and would welcome us signing him.

I would think there will be a host of clubs after him though so we might not get a look in.

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Why on earth would he swap Brentford for us

surely he would want to advance his career?

Long term we have more potential than Brentford. They've got a hard time being London based with so many big clubs there already. Just because they beat us last night doesn't make them a better proposition long term.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Why not have Wells AND Hogan and get rid of Tomlin ;-) Tammy will be going back and Enval as Sub :-) tongue firmly in cheek.

Looks as though Tomlin could be off to France in January anyway

Rather think this could be real reason why he started on bench yesterday 

Its a sideways move for Hogan to come here. We might think we are the best option but in reality outside of our own fans we are an average to lower half championship club, just like Brentford are. Every time we are a championship club us fans and the board talk up a big promotion push for this season next season etc etc. Every time we have either ended up in the bottom half of the championship or back in league 1 (apart from the G Johnson season) and we still ended up back in league 1 after that.

10 minutes ago, collier said:

Its a sideways move for Hogan to come here. We might think we are the best option but in reality outside of our own fans we are an average to lower half championship club, just like Brentford are. Every time we are a championship club us fans and the board talk up a big promotion push for this season next season etc etc. Every time we have either ended up in the bottom half of the championship or back in league 1 (apart from the G Johnson season) and we still ended up back in league 1 after that.

You're missing the point a bit. Long term we are a much better proposition. Bigger attendances, bigger stadium, not in an area heavily saturated by clubs meaning a big catchment area, rich owner.. long term our prospects are much better. Don't let a blip in current form fool you into thinking we aren't in a good position for years to come.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You're missing the point a bit. Long term we are a much better proposition. Bigger attendances, bigger stadium, not in an area heavily saturated by clubs meaning a big catchment area, rich owner.. long term our prospects are much better. Don't let a blip in current form fool you into thinking we aren't in a good position for years to come.

SL has always had money since he has been here. I have been watching City long enough to know what we are. Unless I am mistaken and loads of clubs have suddenly vanished from the area, we have always been in an area not heavily saturated with other clubs. Yes the stadium is nice but we have always had half decent attendances when we are winning games or the big clubs come to town, even before the development. My point is from the outside looking in we are as average as Brentford are. Nothing this season suggests to me anything different from any other season at championship level.

5 minutes ago, collier said:

SL has always had money since he has been here. I have been watching City long enough to know what we are. Unless I am mistaken and loads of clubs have suddenly vanished from the area, we have always been in an area not heavily saturated with other clubs. Yes the stadium is nice but we have always had half decent attendances when we are winning games or the big clubs come to town, even before the development. My point is from the outside looking in we are as average as Brentford are. Nothing this season suggests to me anything different from any other season at championship level.

Because we've done things badly wrong in the past.

We bought the wrong players, hired the wrong managers, paid big wages for wasters, had a poor academy considering investment, neglected our scouting and coaching at all levels.. it seems finally in the last few years the penny has dropped. We are on an upward trajectory now and are in a far better position than our last couple of sojourns in this league.

1 hour ago, TwoSheds said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-boss-8203-lee-johnson-drops-the-biggest-hint-yet-over-brentford-fc-striker-scott-hogan/story-29981860-detail/story.html

Seen this on the evil post, looked very good last night against us. I think LJ tried to sign him up when at Oldham. Maybe a good buy in January, would take the pressure of Tammy

There doesn't seem to be any actual 'news' in that article at all (obviously that's pretty standard for the post and at least it's not completely fabricated from facebook and twitter posts).  I can't see they've presented any evidence to back up their headline. And why do they think Hogan would be "too expensive" for us? He might not want to come here but I can't see money being an issue. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Why not have Wells AND Hogan and get rid of Tomlin ;-) Tammy will be going back and Enval as Sub :-) tongue firmly in cheek.

Maybe tongue in cheek, but interesting, with Flint sold to pay for their transfer fees. We have Moore as a ready made replacement. Is my comment about Flint tongue in cheek?

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm not sure we are a much better proposition. Perhaps slightly but their owner is willing to put money into the club having put something like 90-100m into their club. They have a new stadium on the way. They secure the best lower league talent they can and are willing to pay for them. I'd say they are marker. We are similar and it'll be interesting to see where both clubs are in 5 years time. Brentford is in London and I think that'll make recruitment even easier. The only thing they have against them is the amount of clubs close to them. The more successful you are the more fans you'll get though. 

1 hour ago, TinMan's left peg said:

There doesn't seem to be any actual 'news' in that article at all (obviously that's pretty standard for the post and at least it's not completely fabricated from facebook and twitter posts).  I can't see they've presented any evidence to back up their headline. And why do they think Hogan would be "too expensive" for us? He might not want to come here but I can't see money being an issue. 

They just make stuff up, so why am I not surprised that it doesn't contain actual "news".

Archived