IGNORED

Apologies for delay

Mkelly

On 12/21/2016 at 07:45, RedM said:

I've put this post in the Q&A section for @Mkellybut as its not really a place for discussion and this thread has evolved into that, I just wondered what people think?

"Can seat numbers be added to concourse signs please

Let me explain. Once again on Saturday 10 minutes into the match a whole row of people in the Dolman stand had to move, ie stand up causing disruption to the row behind too, as someone didn't know which end was the easiest to access their seat. They had seat 5 for example and entered from the end containing seat 30 or whatever the highest seat is. As you know the legroom is poor in the Dolman compared to the new stands and this causes great inconvience especially as two minutes later someone else does the same!!!

This could be so easily avoided. At other grounds, Fulham for example, the signs in the concourses have seat numbers written on them. Eg we would have E25 seats 1-15 on one sign and E25 seats 16-30 on the other.

Of course this won't stop everyone, and it's only really a problem once the game has started as such. Obviously these people aren't doing this to cause disruption but through a lack of information. If you aren't going to have stewards directing people then you need signs."

Stewards do point people to their seats, dunno where you get the idea they don;t.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Stewards do point people to their seats, dunno where you get the idea they don;t.

Ive never once been directed to my seat by a steward or asked to show my ST to even prove I'm in the correct stand never mind block. That's where I personally get the idea they don't.

42 minutes ago, RedM said:

Ive never once been directed to my seat by a steward or asked to show my ST to even prove I'm in the correct stand never mind block. That's where I personally get the idea they don't.

Well generally if someone asks where their seat is, a steward would stand there, tell them if they are in the correct block and point to the row so- I guess most people generally know where they are going?

About the ST or similar, best ask Mark Kelly tbh.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well generally if someone asks where their seat is, a steward would stand there, tell them if they are in the correct block and point to the row so- I guess most people generally know where they are going?

About the ST or similar, best ask Mark Kelly tbh.

That wasn't really the point post though was it. I couldn't care less if nobody checks my ticket, I know where I'm going and which vom it's best to enter from causing the least inconvience to others, I'm considerate, see. 

The steward might perhaps point to the correct block eg E27 and say row 30 is 'up near the top' but I doubt (unless trained) he will tell you which end its most convenient for you to enter from, unless asked. Nor is he likely to insist you go back down the stairs (against the flow of people) back into the concourse and tell you walk along to the next enterance. 

Archived