IGNORED

Apologies for delay

Mkelly

Sorry it's taken a while to reply.   I have had some tech issues which are now sorted.

Good to see that on a whole the stadium is working for the majority of our fans.

The operations team are starting to settle and get more consistent, the fan zone is going down very well. Both the club and the police are really pleased to see mixed fans pre game.

The lights on during a game is simething that I'm working on to resolve.

We continue to challenge the risk assessment on adding more bars and some table units in the concourse.  The chip shop was vetoed by the fire service for now (sorry @Bristol Rob)

The sports bar seems to work well now. Would be good to know if anybody has any ideas on how to evolve for match day ?

We will start conversations in the new year with S82 on next season.

I have met a few Sc&t reps to discuss a bar for next season.

Happy to take any feedback on where we can improve on this thread and will review where possible and reasonable.

Thank you for ongoing support.

Mark 

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 07:28, Mkelly said:

Sorry it's taken a while to reply.   I have had some tech issues which are now sorted.

Good to see that on a whole the stadium is working for the majority of our fans.

The operations team are starting to settle and get more consistent, the fan zone is going down very well. Both the club and the police are really pleased to see mixed fans pre game.

We continue to challenge the risk assessment on adding more bars and some table units in the concourse.  The chip shop was vetoed by the fire service for now (sorry @Bristol Rob)

The sports bar seems to work well now. Would be good to know if anybody has any ideas on how to evolve for match day ?

Happy to take any feedback on where we can improve on this thread and will review where possible and reasonable.

Mark 

...........................To evict from the atyeo .

We might not have it perfect just yet, but we are very lucky to have a football club that wants to take direct input from its fans.

The improvements off the pitch continue to accelerate and we are light years ahead of so many other clubs, or where we were a few seasons back.

Thanks for all you are doing and trying to do Mark.

On 16 December 2016 at 07:28, Mkelly said:

Mark 

Can you play in goal?

4 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

I would be surprised if we don't have beer holders so I will check this out for you.

Re hot water, no reason other than maybe peak demand.  The Maitenance lads check all as part of pre match checks so I will confirm with them.

Regards

Mark 

It's possible they just gave me the wrong things on that occasion. The water was absolutely freezing though on a cold day. Would be good to get that checked - thanks.

30 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Now you've mentioned it @Bristol Rob That was a great example of a really good idea executed really badly. 

10 chips and a mini sourcepan of curry sa u ce for £3.50 is farcical. If this was The Old Bookshop or a similar hipster joint on North St even even then I'd be surprised. I know it's not the great "Chips on a plate" scandal erstwhile of the DEH days but even so. Great value that is NOT. 

Feedback for @Mkelly though for sure. 

I avoided food (again) this weekend on the basis they still have 'as seen in The Sun' written on various pasty stands. 

Can't believe no one in the club have vetoed this.

• Admin
47 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I wouldn't worry too much mate, will the fanzone even bother being opened once the more traditional winter weather of freezing cold/torrential rain kicks in? IMHO the mezzanine level of the SBG should have been opened to fans and not just the few, would create loads more capacity and a massive rise in footfall/turnover. 

The BIG design flaw with that is you still have to use the downstairs bar - not ideal carrying trays of drinks etc up and down stairs

Another question is the shop!

Almost everyone agrees that it's way too small and therefore cramped with a limited range. It's very difficult to browse in there.

Compared to other modern stadiums it's a bit pathetic and a missed opportunity to maximise sales.

Any discussions about relocating or revamping the shop?

Someone suggested a while back on here expanding the shop into the cafe area and moving the cafe into the bar and grill during the day. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Another question is the shop!

Almost everyone agrees that it's way too small and therefore cramped with a limited range. It's very difficult to browse in there.

Compared to other modern stadiums it's a bit pathetic and a missed opportunity to maximise sales.

Any discussions about relocating or revamping the shop?

Someone suggested a while back on here expanding the shop into the cafe area and moving the cafe into the bar and grill during the day. 

See Marks answer in the parallel world of the Q&A forum. The answer is yes, on considering shop expansion.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good for you, not relevant though. If you've got hand dryers it's surely better if they actually provide warm air.

Urinals , and uncovered too, and we reached the top flight of the football tier, that's the problem too comfy, with all the Bar this, Bar that ,lounges  suites and now insisting on warm air hand dryers, Don't need to be a brain surgeon to see where it has all gone wrong, and that's before we get to players earnings.:facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

Invited to moan a bit? I'm in!

Maybe most of this has already been mentioned, but some of this little lot has annoyed me ever since moving over to the South Stand:

1. Can someone turn out the lights during the games please?
2. Why is the old score board still on? It doesn't even show the score (admittedly.0-0 is preferable to the real score lately).
3. Can the pitch side advert videos be turned down a little - they're just sooooo bright. I've taken, I kid you not, to wearing my sunglasses inside Ashton Gate so I can see the football match :cool:
4. Has whoever (poorly) designed the toilets actually used them? Lot's of congestion round the entry/exit points as well as the sink sections. Would be nice to have some hot water and dryers occasionally.
5. How hard can it actually be for me to pay someone some money and for them to give me a hot cup of tea a minute later? When I finally get it, I have to take it back because it's barely tepid. Initially annoying when you get to your seat and have to turn right around, go all the way back and queue up again. Last few times I tested it then and there  - got a bit of attitude - she wasn't impressed - I made her stick her own finger in.
6. I arrived unusually early on Sat, so decided to have a quick Guinness. Not the most enjoyable I've ever sampled - tasted like it had lager and cider in it to so you may want to get those pipes cleaned a bit better next time.
7. This has bemused me for years: why is there always a pie shortage? Are you not expecting all of us to turn up? I had to have a pasty on Saturday. It wasn't too bad, but again not hot enough

Is there still hot tea in the Atyeo? I may move back over. They seem to have more fun anyway.

Right that's it. Thanks for listening!

Wow, you really find the time to watch football do you? P[es Teas, Guinness, bright advertising, hot water, dryers, Agggghhhhhh... 

32 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Wow, you really find the time to watch football do you? P[es Teas, Guinness, bright advertising, hot water, dryers, Agggghhhhhh... 

To be fair to @Avalanchethey are all concerns raised numerous times before so he/she has valid points in my opinion. 

Archived