IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread

Where are the happy clappers now?

We not only can, but must, turn this match round.

it is not just embarrassing it is only too familiar of City at this level

like the bridesmaid but never the bride, City seem doomed to have the default position of a third division side.

Come on lads, put a bit of spirit into your play and turn this round

• Like 3

Hmmmm. Only Rotherham, Wigan and Blackburn currently have potentially more losses than us and look where they currently are - bottom 3.

We have a serious lack of focus up front to take opportunities and lack of focus to keep them out at the moment. Johnson really has get into their mindsets as it feels all our undoing at the moment

To be fair. ..we've dominated.  So the tactics are not the problem

The problem is...we lack quality in the final third, and at the back. To many people are blinded by being sentimental

Bryan just isn't developing.  Been poor all season.  And Flint isn't the rock some make out.

Reid isn't a bad player...but at this level, he just isnt effective enough in the position he plays. Same goes for Freeman 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The problem is...we lack quality in the final third, and at the back. To many people are blinded by being sentimental

Bryan just isn't developing.  Been poor all season.  And Flint isn't the rock some make out.

Reid isn't a bad player...but at this level, he just isnt effective enough in the position he plays. Same goes for Freeman 

Exactly this. 

How can anyone critisise LJ for us dominating, playing well and being undone (again) by bad defending. 

The manager can only do so much! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly this. 

How can anyone critisise LJ for us dominating, playing well and being undone (again) by bad defending. 

As many on here are aware. I'm first to criticise the manager if I think he cocks up. He cost us the game with his subs Tuesday 

Today....it's school boy errors again. If we don't add some real quality January I fully expect us to be in a relagation  scrap come March 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

As many on here are aware. I'm first to criticise the manager if I think he cocks up. He cost us the game with his subs Tuesday 

Today....it's school boy errors again. If we don't add some real quality January I fully expect us to be in a relagation  scrap come March 

I think it will before that if we don't get some quality, but the January window is not easy.

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

So we're rubbish up front and at the back. That doesn't bode well.

And we often 'dominate' after we go behind. It's just the opposition team defending their lead, but it usually doesn't bear many fruits.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly this. 

Yes I agree. There is only so much he can do. It's a mindset thing, we lack so much focus at the moment in critical areas. The only thing he can do is keep faith with certain players for so long and make it clear in January where his thoughts lie. It's a shame, it feels very much like our own undoing but goes to show it will need a couple more transfer windows to try and get that consistent quality in.

• Like 3