IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread

Wow. The sad fact about this whole situation today is that I predicted it the moment I saw the lineup- I said to my girlfriend that we would get slaughtered on the left flank due to Joe currently acting like he belongs in a padded cell and Tomlin not being able to do defensive duties while he tries to carry the team. I then expect LJ to say 'we were unlucky' in his press conference and then not changing the lineup. Engvall won't play. O'Dowda and De Girolamo will remain in their spots of having afternoon tea with Lord Lucan. Sadly predictable, yet the only guy on the planet that seems to be unable to see this is the bloke in charge of the team.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Where are the happy clappers now?

We not only can, but must, turn this match round.

it is not just embarrassing it is only too familiar of City at this level

like the bridesmaid but never the bride, City seem doomed to have the default position of a third division side.

Come on lads, put a bit of spirit into your play and turn this round

Happy clappers jibe again?!

Pathetic

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Wow. The sad fact about this whole situation today is that I predicted it the moment I saw the lineup- I said to my girlfriend that we would get slaughtered on the left flank due to Joe currently acting like he belongs in a padded cell and Tomlin not being able to do defensive duties while he tries to carry the team. I then expect LJ to say 'we were unlucky' in his press conference and then not changing the lineup. Engvall won't play. O'Dowda and De Girolamo will remain in their spots of having afternoon tea with Lord Lucan. Sadly predictable, yet the only guy on the planet that seems to be unable to see this is the bloke in charge of the team.

Unfortunately your right 

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Yep and the reason why yet again LJ has stuck Tomlin at the left, is his obsession with playing two holding midfielders in both Pack & GON.

• Like 1

The reason we are struggling is because LJ's purchases are mainly sitting on the bench as they are not good enough to strengthen the team. Money wasted. With the exception of Magnusson, the rest of LJ's purchases have been  very poor. Paterson, O'dowda, the list goes on. We are fielding pretty much the same team that struggled early last season so why should our current results be a surprise?

LJ is not as good as he thinks he is. Always suspected as much.

what will the excuse be this week?

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

3-5-2, 3-5-2, 3-5-2, 3-5-2, 3-5-2, 3-5-2, 3-5-2, 3-5-2, 3-5-2, 3-5-2

******* 3-5-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With what we have at our disposal, I'm inclined to agree. 

I think this could be a pretty solid line up...

GK

Flint, Moore, Magners

korey, GON, Tomlin, Pack, Bryan

Tammy, Engval/Wilbs

Subs/options with Reid, Patterson, COD, Little, Brownhill etc

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yep and the reason why yet again LJ has stuck Tomlin at the left, is his obsession with playing two holding midfielders in both Pack & GON.

Tomlin hasn't played on the left today. Reid is left side.

Played really well first 20 mins. We can win this but need to stop conceding sloppy goals.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Tomlin has played in the middle.

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Tomlin hasn't played on the left today. Reid is left side.

Played really well first 20 mins. We can win this but need to stop conceding sloppy goals.

Taxi...! 

Tomlin blowing out his arse...running around the pitch like its a playground. Bryan cant cut out a cross. GoN cant deliver a set ball past the first man, Freeman doesn't leave the touchline even when the ball is on the left side. We were fantastic first 20 mins...cant believe we are 1-0 down tbh...too many individuals making errors.