IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, Benni said:

I cannot remember which Man City or Man United player in the 70's said in an interview that English footballers at that time loved conning the ref by falling without anyone touching them and rolling around trying to influence the ref. This is done in football everywhere, and English players are definitely not better than anyone else.

The English are not generally seen as primadonnas. Sorry.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Redandy said:

I find it hard to understand how Johnson cannot take any blame for the current consistent fall towards the bottom of the table. Your post suggests that all we have to do is give him  2 more transfer windows and all will be fine. He is showing an inability to sort the problems we have had all season. The thought of him signing more like Paterson and Brownhill or players like Engvall to sit on the bench for half a season frankly is a major concern. 

Yeah I get what you are saying and find it frustrating to see a bunch of new players consistently sat on the bench or not even seemingly pushing to even get on the bench. I just think we have missed far too many clear chances and made far too many individual errors for that to be Johnsons fault. It's anyone's guess whether or not playing some of the new players regularly would have stopped that. If we didn't create anything and got smashed most weeks I think there would be a more serious problem in the management of the team.