IGNORED

can lee turn it around.

boss hogg

1 hour ago, boss hogg said:

the buck stops with the manager his signings his tactics , all i said was pembo should get sum credit for saving us last season, im sorry i dont have a pair of rose tinted glasses , i just cant see what people see in lj hes never achived **** all.

Everyone has to achieve something for the first time. Maybe if managers weren't sacked every time they went on a poor run they might actually get the opportunity to do that.

Yes, we are on a poor run. And yet despite that poor run, we are in 16th place, two places higher than we finished last season and still well clear of the relegation places. Clearly Johnson must have done something right in the first place for us to be able to go through this poor spell and still be relatively comfortable in the table. He has quite literally earned the right to continue because he got points on the board in the early part of the season that have given us a cushion.

If the season finished tomorrow a 16th place finish would represent our best season for six years in a league that is tougher than ever.

You are hitting the panic button far too early in my opinion and your obvious personal dislike for Johnson appears to be preventing you from giving him any credit at all.

1 hour ago, boss hogg said:

gary rowette, or a manager with championship experience. still cant work out how lj got the job in the first place

Another manager that has been sacked before.  

We need new blood coming into the management team or it will be the same old tripe of managers that have been sacked before. 

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Everyone has to achieve something for the first time. Maybe if managers weren't sacked every time they went on a poor run they might actually get the opportunity to do that.

Yes, we are on a poor run. And yet despite that poor run, we are in 16th place, two places higher than we finished last season and still well clear of the relegation places. Clearly Johnson must have done something right in the first place for us to be able to go through this poor spell and still be relatively comfortable in the table. He has quite literally earned the right to continue because he got points on the board in the early part of the season that have given us a cushion.

If the season finished tomorrow a 16th place finish would represent our best season for six years in a league that is tougher than ever.

You are hitting the panic button far too early in my opinion and your obvious personal dislike for Johnson appears to be preventing you from giving him any credit at all.

The fans are only looking up to the managers very high expectations, so if the players many of whom he signed are not cutting it (something LJ alluded to yesterday) then something seriously needs to change, January is very important but already the 'difficult' window excuse has been used, so my advice is prepared to be disappointed, that way anything else is a bonus.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Spot on!

We need to stay calm, see what January brings in terms of the Striker we so desperately need and see what happens. We have been too reliant on Tammy since the start of the season - if you look at how many games we have lost by the odd-goal, we are not that far aware from being a much better side and one which should comfortably be in the top 10.

Tammy has missed 5/6 chances in the last couple of games which in Aug / Sept, he would have buried..........that's the difference

LJ said yesterday that he has "irons in the fire" and so we need to wait and see what happens......in the meantime, let's stay RIGHT behind the team - they need us more than ever right now 

LJ said at the beginning it will take 3 transfer windows to get right, we can't sack managers every 5 mins and expect to progress, we need to trust what he's trying to achieve.

I've already said before that if LJ gets the boot this season I'm done with it all. 

Hopefully he won't 

2 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

But you have to look deeper than a run of recent results and analyse what's going wrong. For me it requires tweaks rather than wholesale changes as we aren't playing too badly (Huddersfield aside).

if Tammy had his shooting boots on we would have won both of those Homs games

BUT!   you shouldn't have to rely on a teenage loan striker to win every game,  some of the more experienced players should be scoring,  to take the pressure from Tammy.

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

Opinions are ok and we are all allowed them.  Im no football expert having never played pro football or managed. Wether or not I like it I am unqualified just as everyone else is. 

you dont have to have managed or be a expert to see things are badly wrong.

8 hours ago, boss hogg said:

im very much in the johnson out camp , so can the fans who think he should be given time please give there reasons for thinking he should be given time, what has he done so far to make you think he can change our fortunes, for me he's achieved nothing in his managerial career, for me reasons for him to go are, poor signings, seems tactically poor, nearly half way into the season doesn't know his best side, im trying to have an open mind but just cant see things getting better. 

Were you "firmly in the Johnson out camp" 10 games ago, or are you part of the "knee jerk reaction to a run of disappointing, albeit narrow, defeats, in which (apart from Brighton & Huddersfield) we could easily have got something from each game camp"..? 

We are competitive (usually) and just not quite clicking at the moment. Of course, it can't continue with being defeated, but I have every faith/hope that things will be fine. 

If not, I will be gutted that it's not worked out. LJ is a good fit here and I'd dearly love him to do well. 

It is, obviously, a results business but I believe those will pick up. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Were you "firmly in the Johnson out camp" 10 games ago, or are you part of the "knee jerk reaction to a run of disappointing, albeit narrow, defeats, in which (apart from Brighton & Huddersfield) we could easily have got something from each game camp"..? 

We are competitive (usually) and just not quite clicking at the moment. Of course, it can't continue with being defeated, but I have every faith/hope that things will be fine. 

If not, I will be gutted that it's not worked out. LJ is a good fit here and I'd dearly love him to do well. 

It is, obviously, a results business but I believe those will pick up. 

yes honestly i was i really dont like the man perhaps thats clouding everything he does but lj really niggles me.

2 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

How can it not be true? you've already stated above you wanted LJ out 10 games ago when we were doing well

because i cant see us doing well long term, i wasnt getting carried away when we were doing well , i would love lj to take us up, i would still dislike him, tell me what you think his qualities are?

13 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

can anyone tell me why lj was given the job in the first place, really interested to hear peoples views as i cant see 1 reason why he was appointed.

Well;

1. He is a football manager. Thats a good reason to appoint him surely?

2. He played for us for over 200 games so will no the club. Surely you know he did this?

3. He took Barnsley to the LDV (of whatever it is called now) trophy final.

4. He is highly respected as a football coach within football.

5. I don't know if he was given the job because of this, but I'm impressed with his willingness to learn and improve himself.

I think everyone has seen your sheer hatred for Johnson. I think Robbored liked GJ more than you like his son!

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

Well;

1. He is a football manager. Thats a good reason to appoint him surely?

2. He played for us for over 200 games so will no the club. Surely you know he did this?

3. He took Barnsley to the LDV (of whatever it is called now) trophy final.

4. He is highly respected as a football coach within football.

5. I don't know if he was given the job because of this, but I'm impressed with his willingness to learn and improve himself.

I think everyone has seen your sheer hatred for Johnson. I think Robbored liked GJ more than you like his son!

1,2,3, mean jack shit 5 he seems even more stubborn than cotts, i think you need a straw to clutch.

4 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

i think hes well schooled in bull shit management talk, got small bloke syndrome, comes across abit smug, hes never done **** all in his management career 

Thats  double negative. You don't like him because he has achieved a lot?

Archived