IGNORED

Realistic Exits...???

brizzlelou

Freeman is out of contract....with all those players signing new ones and LG nowhere to be seen in think we can assume he will be gone either in Jan or the summer....I can see him at a brentford like club. 

I know Brighton were interested in him at one stage but they have moved on in various ways since then.

Freeman little rod...wouldn't surprise me if Patterson too even though he just signed up 

Think ROD will stay with Frankie's recent injury record.  Goalkeeping overhaul in the summer.

Wouldnt be surprised if Freeman has some additional year option, which I'd be surprised if we don't exercise.

Little is the only one I can see going permanently, maybe recalling Vyner as cover, unless LJ thinks Moore is a viable option.  That may depend on Ekstrand's fitness.

Given all the chances they are going to get implies they have been given chances and are in or around the team. 

Mr Johnson states we lack physicality, we get stretched, we are likely to concede a soft goal and then struggle to get one

OK "No shit Sherlock" would be the comment from most of our fans. So the question is, who he is referring to. 

Firstly I would say our team looks over complicated and the comments made about Freeman are a bit excessive as I think he is ok, however if he is out of contract (someone who knows please confirm) then it's pretty likely if a bid comes in he will be on his way, as a new contract would have been agreed by now

Bryan is a wing back or a winger he is not a mother effing full back. He is chopped and changed then dropped constantly no wonder he looks perplexed

Chances and getting stretched...Well I would look at Korey Smith and Gary ONeil are players who could have knew competition. Our big issue is goals from midfield and a second striker 

We have players doing well in the stiffs so one or two may feature sitting next to Engval soon, however prepare yourself for a leader in midfield in the Ball winner mode and a big bid for a second striker and dare I say it a goalkeeper. LJ is fed up with odonnell and Fielding but Lucic. I would rather have Gibbo back between the sticks!

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

O'Donnell is a cert for me to be leaving. Little I think could be another along with Freeman and (helmet on) Bryan. 

If Freeman leaves it surely won't be for footballing reasons, more, I fear, due to being an inherited player. He's doing well this season and deserves to be in the team.

JB is suffering from LJ's determination to mould him into what he considers to be a future PL left back, and the way he's being handled seems to be harming his performances, confidence, and progress.

If LJ sees reason to shed these players I'd be more concerned about his judgement and coaching ability than their own proficiency..

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Freeman is out of contract....with all those players signing new ones and LG nowhere to be seen in think we can assume he will be gone either in Jan or the summer....I can see him at a brentford like club. 

I know Brighton were interested in him at one stage but they have moved on in various ways since then.

Freeman little rod...wouldn't surprise me if Patterson too even though he just signed up 

Freeman little rod...

how does this affect his football ? no reason to get rid .

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Think ROD will stay with Frankie's recent injury record.  Goalkeeping overhaul in the summer.

Wouldnt be surprised if Freeman has some additional year option, which I'd be surprised if we don't exercise.

Little is the only one I can see going permanently, maybe recalling Vyner as cover, unless LJ thinks Moore is a viable option.  That may depend on Ekstrand's fitness.

Didn't he recently "faint" or similar whilst playing and is now undergoing investigations to ascertain the cause? I doubt we'd be recalling him to play anytime soon; albeit we may prefer to have him under our medical care than Accrington's. 

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Didn't he recently "faint" or similar whilst playing and is now undergoing investigations to ascertain the cause? I doubt we'd be recalling him to play anytime soon; albeit we may prefer to have him under our medical care than Accrington's. 

Tweeted in the last couple of days that he'd been cleared to play again

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Id like to see Pack, Smith, Freeman, Patterson, Brownhill, Little, Bryan and LJ go.

I could see a reason for most of those for some people. I don't agree all of them should go, not even close, but surely Brownhill, a 20 year old in a position where we have the most depth, should be given a little longer to develop? 

I can't see anyone leaving permanently except possibly O'Donnell unless someone is really keen to buy them.

I think LJ's comments are more for the benefit of the players than anyone else. He's trying to push them into stepping up their game but I can't think of many he'd actually get rid of right now.

I certainly can't see him wanting to offload Joe Bryan but I can see him wanting to give him a kick up the backside. He's got too much potential to discard lightly but he needs to know that it will happen if he doesn't start fulfilling it.

Other players such as Little, Pack, Smith and Freeman may need replacing in time but that wouldn't typically happen in January. All can do a job in the first team and have done at various points in the season. We're not in a position where we can afford to weaken the squad, even if a couple of players come in.

Come the summer, though, I can see any number of those mentioned above being moved on.

48 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

Despite what anyone thinks, who can we realistically afford to lose?

I still maintain the players ARE good enough.

They were certainly good enough earlier in the season. So we know they have the ability for this league, so what has gone wrong? Tactics, coaching ? If its one of these then new players wont solve our problems. I agree with everyone else about Joe Bryan though. (except LJ)  He will never make a good fullback. 

2 hours ago, Super said:

In the middle of the season? seriously?

Indeed. Like it or not its probably better holding onto the dead wood untill the end of the season even if all they give us are numbers just in case of injuries.

Will be quite a worrying time in the summer for the likes of Pack Bryan Little and co though.. if they carry on as they are the only way is down for them IMO and that is to a lower end championship club or possibly even League one outfit.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Indeed. Like it or not its probably better holding onto the dead wood untill the end of the season even if all they give us are numbers just in case of injuries.

Will be quite a worrying time in the summer for the likes of Pack Bryan Little and co though.. if they carry on as they are the only way is down for them IMO and that is to a lower end championship club or possibly even League one outfit.

Aren't Pack and Bryan on reasonably long contracts?

Nothing for them to worry about, they don't have to go anywhere if they don't want to.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Aren't Pack and Bryan on reasonably long contracts?

Nothing for them to worry about, they don't have to go anywhere if they don't want to.

Id assume both want to play football and if superior replacements are brought in i cant imagine its going to be a nice place for them here long contracts or not to be honest.. 

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Id assume both want to play football and if superior replacements are brought in i cant imagine its going to be a nice place for them here long contracts or not to be honest.. 

All conjecture, but if better players were brought in to directly replace them in the first team they'd simply move down LJ's pecking order.

Under LJ very few players can count themselves a nailed on starter, so they're almost all used to being left out, subbed etc. and presumably any players brought in would be subject to the same, sometimes unfathomable, 'rotation.'

If you're suggesting it 'wouldn't be a nice place for them' because they might in some way be frozen out, then I would hope not.

They seem to be good lads who've served the club very well and they deserve alot better than that.

I'd hope they'd be given every opportunity to fight for their place, and even reclaim it over the 'superior' newcomers.

Archived