IGNORED

That's that then! - Hogan (Merged)

Dolman Block B

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Is he even that good?

I was really impressed with everything but his finishing. 

He got into some amazing little pockets but hard to be objective about how much was down to his positional awareness and how much was down to our pub team defending. 

At £9m I wouldn't go near him personally. 

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

"Is he worth XXM?"  Is no longer relevant. 

A player is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. In this market it sounds about right.

For a player that's not even had a full season at this level though? Seems crazy to me. 

McCormack I get, proven record over several years.

Hogan has played less than 30 games above League 2! 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

For a player that's not even had a full season at this level though? Seems crazy to me. 

McCormack I get, proven record over several years.

Hogan has played less than 30 games above League 2! 

What's the line Mark Ashton would use....... He's one for the future 

You wait until we unleash that Eggn...Evey...... the Swedish guy. We're just waiting for the market to open, give him one full game and, lummydaze, a bid of £10 million from Villa, Wolves or QPR and gone.

I've seen through your cunning plan now Lee and Mark.... rising market and all that. Genius. 

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

They're much cheaper in Sweden! They come bloody flat packed though, I think that's what's taking so long with Gustav...

I always thought those allen keys were overrated myself; makes for a right flimsy bit of carp if you ask me. Cannot beat a beautifully crafted piece of solid wood framed furniture with a decent quality veneer and a bit of tasty marquetry. Trouble is nobody wants to spent that kinda loot when its a slap dash flat pack price for something they will scratch, tear up and chuck out in a couple years. Sounds like an over rated player; here today gone tomorrow for the tiny amount of lose change of 9 million the next

21 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

It was mentioned in the local press and Twitter that LJ was keen on him 

Pretty inconsequential rumours though.

Stockhausen knows we need a striker, he's a Brentford fan so knows about Hogan, he fits our usual modus operandi for targets, we've got money to spend = BEP speculation article.. twitter much the same process.

56 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pretty inconsequential rumours though.

Stockhausen knows we need a striker, he's a Brentford fan so knows about Hogan, he fits our usual modus operandi for targets, we've got money to spend = BEP speculation article.. twitter much the same process.

I don't understand what all the fuss is over Hogan

1 He specifically says he won't be coming. Only interested in transfer to Premiership

2 LJ says we are not after English players - overpriced.  We will be looking abroad is what he has said

A few things. Reading have made a bid it doesn't mean he'll go. It's his choice if he thinks Reading is a legitimate promotion type team. He hasn't played many at this level but he's got 20 league goals in 30 appearances. That's more than Kodjia had in 46 last year. Even if he didn't score again for 16 matches he has 20 goals in 46 games. That's a fine record in itself. He'll top that easy. 9m isn't a steal but it's the going rate for proven goal scorers from the championship. Any other buy would be a gamble(lower league or overseas). 

Its too big a few for us right now. I'd rather spend 4m on a Ligue 1 striker or Serie A striker. They're out there and we just have to find the right one. A gamble but it's how we can compete right now. 

Archived