IGNORED

That's that then! - Hogan (Merged)

Dolman Block B

39 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Don't judge his finishing on one game 

Indeed, he clearly knows where the net is. His record thus far at this level is incredible to be fair.

Would you be worried about us spending that kind of money on him though with so little game time at this level. You've got to think that his current ratio is just not sustainable over a period of a few seasons. 

Got to be said, Brentford have a keen eye for a prolific striker....

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Indeed, he clearly knows where the net is. His record thus far at this level is incredible to be fair.

Would you be worried about us spending that kind of money on him though with so little game time at this level. You've got to think that his current ratio is just not sustainable over a period of a few seasons. 

Got to be said, Brentford have a keen eye for a prolific striker....

I've stopped worrying about price tags. We will spend whatever Lansdown says we can spend. Up to him to manage finances.  I just want to be entertained.  

Top championship players are now worth many millions and I think he is just that, even with small amount of games.  

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I've stopped worrying about price tags. We will spend whatever Lansdown says we can spend. Up to him to manage finances.  I just want to be entertained.  

Top championship players are now worth many millions and I think he is just that, even with small amount of games.  

That's what I mean though, if you were Lansdown, would you be comfortable with that price for someone with pretty much just half a season under their belt at this level? We've seen with Tammy how fickle form can be. Quite a large gamble.

I was very impressed with a lot of what he did the other week but hard to tell how much was down to our Sunday league defending and how much was down to him! 

With the noises coming out in the press it sounds like Lansdown isn't prepared to spend huge sums on English players, but again that could all be bluster...

14 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That's what I mean though, if you were Lansdown, would you be comfortable with that price for someone with pretty much just half a season under their belt at this level? We've seen with Tammy how fickle form can be. Quite a large gamble.

I was very impressed with a lot of what he did the other week but hard to tell how much was down to our Sunday league defending and how much was down to him! 

With the noises coming out in the press it sounds like Lansdown isn't prepared to spend huge sums on English players, but again that could all be bluster...

Different levels accepted but think his record through Non League levels and at brief spell at Rochdale before his move to Brentford is decent

One whose done it up through the levels to date ...., ' Vardyesque ' 

Think the gamble would be as much about injury problems as much as his scoring ability

I said before the Brentford game that Hogan does need a few chances to score....but that he does get chances.

His style is the type of player I'd like to see here, I think we need someone to -may on the shoulder.  He'd be an excellent foil for Abraham or Wilbraham.  Was chatting to Hordur about him yesterday and he admitted that he was strong and also cleverly played on both his and Flint's shoulder, straying into offside positions on purpose when he knew he wasn't going to get the ball, just to try and get them to switch off.

21 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

We won't consider or even match this offer so it seems Mr Hogan won't be coming to the Gate in the January sales

Personally think he is not worth that but I would have never have thought Kojia would leave the Gate for 14 million 

Thoughts 

IMG_9622.PNG

One tweet by someone who more than likely knows fudge all. It's the silly season again. Why do people fall for this rubbish.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I said before the Brentford game that Hogan does need a few chances to score....but that he does get chances.

His style is the type of player I'd like to see here, I think we need someone to -may on the shoulder.  He'd be an excellent foil for Abraham or Wilbraham.  Was chatting to Hordur about him yesterday and he admitted that he was strong and also cleverly played on both his and Flint's shoulder, straying into offside positions on purpose when he knew he wasn't going to get the ball, just to try and get them to switch off.

Unfortunately for him, the lino noticed whenever he was offside, which by my count was on at least six occasions.

My Brentford mate thinks Hogan is terrific, but offers little else other than as an out-and-out striker. 

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unfortunately for him, the lino noticed whenever he was offside, which by my count was on at least six occasions.

My Brentford mate thinks Hogan is terrific, but offers little else other than as an out-and-out striker. 

Damned those strikers who only score goals!!

lazy bar-stewards

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep Lineker was like that too...what a waste of space, no work rate just loads and loads of goals!

Great goal-scorer wasn't he.  At Barcelona he sometimes played right wing, and showed that he was a better all round  footballer than he got credited for.

Archived