IGNORED

Time for Mark Ashton

Lack of Action Man

To cut the business speak and come out (he's been comparatively quiet lately) and tell us concisely what our transfer aims are for January and what the expectation is for our league finishing position this season. 

At the moment we seem to be hurtling towards the foot of the table without anyone coming out and stamping down that this is unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

To cut the business speak and come out (he's been comparatively quiet lately) and tell us concisely what our transfer aims are for January and what the expectation is for our league finishing position this season. 

At the moment we seem to be hurtling towards the foot of the table without anyone coming out and stamping down that this is unacceptable.

Yes lets just make that public information for every club we may be trying to buy players from so they can fleece us for more money.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yes lets just make that public information for every club we may be trying to buy players from so they can fleece us for more money.

We are ****** either way in that respect. Clubs know we have the Kodjia money and players are over priced in the January window anyway. 

I'm sorry but we need our "Chief Operating Officer" to confirm that our club will address our patently obvious shortcomings.

What's the old saying 'action speaks louder than words'.

Not interesting in statement from the club regarding budgets or excuses from the manager.

We need a striker and for LJ to pick the right team and implement the right tactics for us to start winning againing.

The less waffle and ridiculous statement we from MA the better.

Well, I, along with others, was initially unimpressed with Mark Ashton's style...a bit too full of buzz words. But in fairness he delivered a lot of signings that we were told had promise. This is when he needs to earn his crust. Much of the promise is unfulfilled...which is a great shame. But if people are going to haul themselves up and down the country supporting City they need to see evidence that behind the scenes things are being put in place to improve the robustness of what seems a rather fragile side.

3 minutes ago, Kenn Loyal said:

All i ever do is hear Ashton blow smoke up his own ass :mf_sleep:

I have thought this too, hence why now it's important he comes out without using his usual waffle and gets the fans onside and delivers the transfers we need. 

You need only look at the match day thread to see how divided things are right now.

Ashton did his job in the Summer adding to a horrifically depleted squad, and we aren't even playing half of them. 

Engvall, O'Dowda, Brownhill, Moore, Paterson. 

All sat on the bench or not being utilised despite the fact we have Tomlin playing left wing, when he should be deployed through the middle (O'Dowda). A midfielder having some more in one game than half the ready combined by simply getting an assist, from a set piece no less (Brownhill).

What's the point having a moan at Ashton when Johnson hasn't even tried, tested, nor even know his best side halfway through a season?

What quality player will join a team in free fall with a manager who does not know what his best team is and seems incapable of resolving problems or stopping the rot. I thought the point was players in this window would be joining a team on the up. Ashton has one hell of a job persuading players of that.

Can do without the management speak but his job was to bring in transfer targets, with LJ having the final say. Generally he did a decent job in the summer, as agreed by most on here. To the best of my knowledge he doesn't pick or coach the team or decide on tactics.

I realise people are unhappy with results and performances but he isn't the issue, I would respectfully suggest.

The lynch mob out looking for new victims now. That's one of the big flaws with a long-term plan, the short-term may get a tad tricky. Dismantling the infrastructure every year is not the way forward, in January we have to address some shortcomings, but stick to the plan as it's a good one. 

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Chappers said:

The lynch mob out looking for new victims now. That's one of the big flaws with a long-term plan, the short-term may get a tad tricky. Dismantling the infrastructure every year is not the way forward, in January we have to address some shortcomings, but stick to the plan as it's a good one. 

Out of interest how many of these super Signings have improved our match day side? 

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest how many of these super Signings have improved our match day side? 

Didn't make any reference to that at all, just pointing out that we have a very sensible long-term plan, and not to blow that as part of a short term fix. 

8 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Didn't make any reference to that at all, just pointing out that we have a very sensible long-term plan, and not to blow that as part of a short term fix. 

Long term plan is all very well but when you 12 months into a football plan and you going backwards, it's not unreasonable to have a rethink and take stock.

I must admit I was slightly confused when he first rocked up why some seemed to insistent that they had to take a dislike to him, but he really, really irritated with me with all the back slapping that was going on at the end of the transfer window about how many players we had signed and how much we had sold our prized asset for.

Not looking so glorious now is it.

3 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

We are ****** either way in that respect. Clubs know we have the Kodjia money and players are over priced in the January window anyway. 

I'm sorry but we need our "Chief Operating Officer" to confirm that our club will address our patently obvious shortcomings.

Why ?

2 minutes ago, reddoc said:

I suspect they'll find out eventually.Not sure why the price goes up the longer they know?

Just an example, making it public we're going for 4 players when otherwise a club wouldn't necessarily know if we're going for anyone else and the player from their club could be the only/last target of the window. If they know we have the money to go for other targets they'd push their price.  

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just an example, making it public we're going for 4 players when otherwise a club wouldn't necessarily know if we're going for anyone else and the player from their club could be the only/last target of the window. If they know we have the money to go for other targets they'd push their price.  

You think? So basically we offer 2m but make it clear to them we don't really want the player anyway, and then offer all the players LJ bought in the summer and doesn't play as evidence, Cunning.

3 minutes ago, reddoc said:

You think? So basically we offer 2m but make it clear to them we don't really want the player anyway, and then offer all the players LJ bought in the summer and doesn't play as evidence, Cunning.

There's a difference between having the money to afford one player and the money to afford 3/4. Prices are also naturally higher in January anyway so surely the club would rather keep its cards close to the chest in terms of budget available etc?

Archived