IGNORED

Dele Ali

BobBobSuperBob

Partly to distract from the fire & brimstone on other threads.....

Anyone else see the Saints / Spurs game tonight

Dele Ali magnificent and looking back where he was at the end of last season

Still only 20

The best youngster that we've had since the 'Golden Generation' for me

Think this kid is the real deal - has it all

Anyone else surprised / didn't realise just how good he was , when at MK ?

I confess , I didnt

He was unreal in league 1. Something like 17 league goals as an 18 year old. That's special I don't care if it's league 1 he was a kid scoring more goals than most strikers. He's got the flair, a little mean streak and an eye for goal. He's easily the best hope for England's future. Need a few more like him. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He was unreal in league 1. Something like 17 league goals as an 18 year old. That's special I don't care if it's league 1 he was a kid scoring more goals than most strikers. He's got the flair, a little mean streak and an eye for goal. He's easily the best hope for England's future. Need a few more like him. 

Out of interest Joe did you recognise just how good he was at MK

Im intrigued as to whether people did - I realised he was good/promising but nowhere near as much as he actually is

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Im intrigued as to whether people did - I realised he was good/promising but nowhere near as much as he actually is

I never would've predicted him being as good as he is - I thought solid prem player one day at a mid table side like Southampton or Watford. Never would've guessed one of the leading midfielders at spurs so quickly.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I never would've predicted him being as good as he is - I thought solid prem player one day at a mid table side like Southampton or Watford. Never would've guessed one of the leading midfielders at spurs so quickly.

Glad that's at least two of us PF !!

:thumbsup:

Think him and Sterling (Contreversial view I realise) are the main two we will look to at International level for a few years to come

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

To be honest I didn't realise he was on the pitch when I went that year but always popped up with goals on the league show. I'm surprised he's come this far this fast though. 5m was a hefty sum but I thought for sure he'd have years of loans first with maybe this his first year getting a look in(possible championship low prem loan last year) but Pochettino has an eye for the young talent that not many do. It's benefitted Dele immensely. 

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought he looked dangerous at our place, but Wadey was brilliant against him at theirs.

31 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

For me hugely overrated, doesnt show up in the big games. Only 20 however and a lot to learn.

Are you serious?

Scored winner in his first start for Spurs

Ran the show in MK dons league cup win against Man Utd

England's best player away to Germany last year and scored on England debut, a big game for him.

Scored in home win over Man City this season 

15 goals and 10 assists in first 50 Spurs games.

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Are you serious?

Scored winner in his first start for Spurs

Ran the show in MK dons league cup win against Man Utd

England's best player away to Germany last year and scored on England debut, a big game for him.

Scored in home win over Man City this season 

15 goals and 10 assists in first 50 Spurs games.

All games against better sides but not huge games at the time. I'm talking about England at Euro's he was absolutely awful and goes missing when Spurs are up against it.

I just hope he isnt another talent who will be over hyped so much to go to waste. Admittedly, he is potentially a world class player and I believe he could go onto bigger things than Harry Kane.

29 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

All games against better sides but not huge games at the time. I'm talking about England at Euro's he was absolutely awful and goes missing when Spurs are up against it.

I just hope he isnt another talent who will be over hyped so much to go to waste. Admittedly, he is potentially a world class player and I believe he could go onto bigger things than Harry Kane.

Mate he's 20 years old and he's a top class player! I was working in a supermarket and jerking over magazines at 20.

People like you put so much pressure on our young lads no wonder they choke at big tournaments!

1 hour ago, BA14 RED said:

As noted above he was the best player on the pitch in Berlin when we beat the world champions earlier this year. Admittedly only a friendly, but Lothar Matthaus said after the game that Alli was outstanding and should be the player that England build their team around. 

Come the Euros, Hodgson changed the composition and shape of the team (eg to shoehorn Rooney back in to the starting 11) and Alli looked lost at sea in a less advanced role - and the rest is unfortunate history. I also thought he looked like he wasn't 100% fit at the Euros - but that sounds like an excuse, and as you say he was ultimately disappointing in France (although I think Hodgson has to take at least some of the blame for that). 

Must admit I never saw him do much against us that hinted at what was to come but the lad is undoubtedly a class act and can go probably as far as he'd like in the game. 

Really wish he'd stop his flagrant cheating though. So unnecessary and horrible to see that coached into (or not coached out of?) such a young talent. 

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Partly to distract from the fire & brimstone on other threads.....

Anyone else see the Saints / Spurs game tonight

Dele Ali magnificent and looking back where he was at the end of last season

Still only 20

The best youngster that we've had since the 'Golden Generation' for me

Think this kid is the real deal - has it all

Anyone else surprised / didn't realise just how good he was , when at MK ?

I confess , I didnt

If I'm being honest no I didn't realise just how good he was and I certainly didn't think he'd make the impact he has as quickly as he did. He obviously did well at MK Dons but ironically I didn't think he played particularly well in either game against us that season

On 29/12/2016 at 06:24, BRISTOL86 said:

Must admit I never saw him do much against us that hinted at what was to come but the lad is undoubtedly a class act and can go probably as far as he'd like in the game. 

Really wish he'd stop his flagrant cheating though. So unnecessary and horrible to see that coached into (or not coached out of?) such a young talent. 

Regardless of talent, the cheating has to be reigned in. We all know he dives, he also likes to leave his foot in at times. He's a decent footballer in the huff and puff of the premier league, but not good enough when it comes to the different style of International football, especially tournaments.

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Regardless of talent, the cheating has to be reigned in. We all know he dives, he also likes to leave his foot in at times. He's a decent footballer in the huff and puff of the premier league, but not good enough when it comes to the different style of International football, especially tournaments.

Foreign players dive so why not English ?  

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Foreign players dive so why not English ?  

Because its unnecessary. It is cheating. He is a role model and even in Bristol kids imitate his behavior writhing around in fake agony when they have not been touched.

Why aspire to be Ashley Young instead of a Scholes or Lampard?

It's not seen as cheating abroad...it's seen as being clever. It's cultural...when talking about 'cheating' with my European friends, especially Italians, it's like trying to reason with aliens...they just don't get it. It's the same with queueing...they think we're nuts. In fact if someone 'cheats' and gets away with it, they applaud their ingenuity and 'genius'...it really is that different in cultures.

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's not seen as cheating abroad...it's seen as being clever. It's cultural...when talking about 'cheating' with my European friends, especially Italians, it's like trying to reason with aliens...they just don't get it. It's the same with queueing...they think we're nuts. In fact if someone 'cheats' and gets away with it, they applaud their ingenuity and 'genius'...it really is that different in cultures.

It's not seen as cheating abroad... Having been involved in taking kids teams to Denmark and the Netherlands its is looked upon with disgust in other cultures as well. 

Its cheating, unless you could indicate where in the rules of the game diving and feigning injury is accommodated.

Having to tell kids to stop feigning injury, screaming loudly and writhing around  without cause and diving because they have seen pros do it should not be part of football. There should be no condoning of that. None of that at all.

Ali's deserved cheating reputation here in England will not benefit Spurs.

Archived