IGNORED

Now is it time for him to go?

Alan Dicks

Nope it's his season. Same message from me. The guy won't get a break so I won't have a rebuttal for everyone. He chops and changes is what some will say tonight. If we'd have lost with 4-5-1 it would've been because we didn't play 2 up top. We beat Ipswich with two up top last time so he tried it again. Didn't work. He's still finding his feet as a championship manager. 

Im sure January will see some fresh faces to see us to safety. Didn't hurt us recruiting well last season in January even if loans. Fully expect us to be safe by about 12-15 points again. I get the frustration but I'm still for LJ seeing this out. 

I don't think he will be sacked you know.

There isn't a plethora of managerial talent out there who would readily come to us either - a few candidates, but I can't see them wanting to come here in all honesty.

Plus whoever did come in would have to be able to work with Mark "Charisma" Ashton, which in itself requires several badges and licenses.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Nope it's his season. Same message from me. The guy won't get a break so I won't have a rebuttal for everyone. He chops and changes is what some will say tonight. If we'd have lost with 4-5-1 it would've been because we didn't play 2 up top. We beat Ipswich with two up top last time so he tried it again. Didn't work. He's still finding his feet as a championship manager. 

Im sure January will see some fresh faces to see us to safety. Didn't hurt us recruiting well last season in January even if loans. Fully expect us to be safe by about 12-15 points again. I get the frustration but I'm still for LJ seeing this out. 

I would kindly insist that LJ finds his Championship feet elsewhere thank you very much!!!

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I don't think he will be sacked you know.

There isn't a plethora of managerial talent out there who would readily come to us either - a few candidates, but I can't see them wanting to come here in all honesty.

Plus whoever did come in would have to be able to work with Mark "Charisma" Ashton, which in itself requires several badges and licenses.

There is a decent amount of attraction to be a manager here imo. We are just never willing to pay for those managers :( 

I've always been behind Johnson but secretly had my doubts. I told myself after the Huddersfield defeat that I'd give a verdict at the end of the year after we had played some of the divisions poorest teams. And unfortunately, without a single point against these teams, my faith in him and most of our squad has disappeared now.

We could sack Johnson, but more than anything we need a serious injection of quality. Fulham aside, we havent played a decent 90 minutes all season. Our midfield is weak and regularly dominated... Defensively we are error prone, and upfront we have a crocked youngster, a fading veteran and a loanee. Pack, Reid, Freeman, Paterson, Flint, Fielding, Brownhill, O Dowda... Johnson built the team and has been responsible for poor tactics and management but (and I hate to say it) this calibre of player is simply not going to get us anywhere bar another 18th place finish at best.

I am most disappointed in our fans though. Too many self entitled people who love the sound of their own voice and that have waited patiently for our form to dip so they can bleat their "expert" opinion and tell us how they were right all along. People like that have got the team they deserve quite frankly.

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I would kindly insist that LJ finds his Championship feet elsewhere thank you very much!!!

We'd all like immediate returns. It's the same with young players. Sometimes need to take the good with the bad. We had a good stretch now having a bad one. Reality is we are somewhere in between it's just hard to see at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We'd all like immediate returns. It's the same with young players. Sometimes need to take the good with the bad. We had a good stretch now having a bad one. Reality is we are somewhere in between it's just hard to see at the moment. 

This bad patch is one hell of a lot better than our good one unless we won 9 in 10 games?

5 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I was pro cotterill until the away game at Reading last season

His stubbornness to make changes until 80 mins did it for me

LJ did try and adapt to 3-5-2 and it nearly paid off

the injury to Magnus may have been the unlucky turning point

The problem is that many of us said, given the nature of our squad, we should have been playing 3-5-2 after the first two defeats of this disastrous run. 

Bit late to experiment now, as another couple of defeats will bring real pressure and confidence is rapidly declining. His chance to find a 'fix' was missed. 

17 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Out.

On a separate note, I wonder if Lansdown will drop ticket prices for the Reading game based on the abysmal results of late. No chance.

What a load of shit . Why should he . How much more money do people want . Didn't u get enough for xmas . Best chairman u could wish for 

Archived