IGNORED

Now is it time for him to go?

Alan Dicks

12 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

With all due respect that is a quite bizarre comment.

We may be able to address the situation next month, but that will be via loans, just like last year, and maybe we will stay up, maybe we won't. It is that serious in my opinion, we have not progressed one jot on the pitch and are still some way off being solid mid table.

We needed help in the summer and what we got was some for the 'future'.....actually I don't buy that, I think these lads were bought for 'now' and then it was realized that they were not ready.

There is a lot of 'spin' going on here, our summer is a reflection of the free fall we are in now.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

See I never understand this and can only put it down as "fan glasses". What is so great about managing this club? 

You do well as you're still questioned because you're not a "big name" 

You go on a run of bad form, you're sacked

You have a "great youth system" at your disposal only none of the players are good enough at this level (according to these forums) 

Bristol is not an amazing city in which to live, it's not growing as well as other cities and in comparison to its neighbour Cardiff offers a lot less. 

Wage budget must be in the lower half of the table with the bigger clubs in the same league. 

Honestly, yes we have a nice stadium, yes we have good desire and drive to go up but watching the board try to put together a solid staff who can do that job is like watching David James teach our future generation of goalkeepers how to catch a cross...  ******* disastrous. 

I know this sounds negative and I probably sound like a "boo boy" or whatever form name I'll be tagged with but honestly if I was a decent manager there are so many other jobs I'd be looking at before us, the only managers we're going to get are ones looking to further their careers. We need to stop sacking a manager every time they have a poor run of form. If we go down we go down but sacking Johnson now will just throw a manager into a situation where he won't have assessed what we need. This means he can't go out and get the players and won't have any talks already underway,  not to mention no-one wants to sell midway through a season unless they can get inflated prices. 

It's about time we stuck by a manager and allowed him a full season, start to finish. If it ends badly so be it but at least we'll be able to say he had a fair chance and the only consistent through all of our managers is that not one has been given a full season to turn it around when things have got tough, if we really want to change then it starts with the ability to actually commit to something rather than bailing out every time we begin to panic it's not going to plan. 

I agree with most of your points there but I definitely stand by us being able to attract at least a few decent managers. There is nothing 'great' about managing this club you don't need a great club to attract decent managers. You could do worse as a manager in this league and just because Bristol's not a fantastic city to live in doesn't imply it's a negative.

I believe our policy of buying young players is totally determined by Steve Lansdown. He is treating it like the stock market which is what he knows. Research the market, buy cheap, unknown stock and make a nice profit to invest again.

SC knew that wouldn't translate to football and wanted to buy proven players at the going rate. Stalemate  - paralysis, failure then sack the stubborn manager.

Bring in a maleable young manager who is willing to follow the SL blueprint. Buy in the young players. Guess what - big surprise - it doesn't work.

We won't bring in an experienced manager and follow their advice as it doesn't fit SL's masterplan. So we are stuck with hoping LJ can turn it around. I really see no evidence of his supposed qualities as a coach. Our football is currently awful to watch - SC was far more entertaining. What worries me most is the few more experienced players seem to have stopped playing which smacks of them giving up on what Lee is doing. More experience coming in might just escalate that issue if he can't persuade them that what he wants will work. Sadly I can't see any easy way that we can get out of this spiral now.

14 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Why are people that want him out, melodramatically tarred as 'haters' FFS? I don't hate, or even dislike the bloke. I just think that he is not up to the job.

What people "hate" is losing. And we've been doing rather too much of that lately

15 hours ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

" I'M VERY COMMITTED TO THE CLUB, BUT I'M STILL LEARNING AND HAVING TO GO UP AGAINST REALLY TOP PEOPLE IN THIS LEAGUE. THERE ARE FORMER CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS MANAGING IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP "

LJ.

so the ex Argentinian middle weight boxer is a city fan? nice.

on lee j, he got 3 games to get us into the 4th round of the cup and a lge win.

43 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I believe our policy of buying young players is totally determined by Steve Lansdown. He is treating it like the stock market which is what he knows. Research the market, buy cheap, unknown stock and make a nice profit to invest again.

SC knew that wouldn't translate to football and wanted to buy proven players at the going rate. Stalemate  - paralysis, failure then sack the stubborn manager.

Bring in a maleable young manager who is willing to follow the SL blueprint. Buy in the young players. Guess what - big surprise - it doesn't work.

We won't bring in an experienced manager and follow their advice as it doesn't fit SL's masterplan. So we are stuck with hoping LJ can turn it around. I really see no evidence of his supposed qualities as a coach. Our football is currently awful to watch - SC was far more entertaining. What worries me most is the few more experienced players seem to have stopped playing which smacks of them giving up on what Lee is doing. More experience coming in might just escalate that issue if he can't persuade them that what he wants will work. Sadly I can't see any easy way that we can get out of this spiral now.

This. Just this.

21 hours ago, Sturny said:

I agree with most of your points there but I definitely stand by us being able to attract at least a few decent managers. There is nothing 'great' about managing this club you don't need a great club to attract decent managers. You could do worse as a manager in this league and just because Bristol's not a fantastic city to live in doesn't imply it's a negative.

we always seem to be at or near the top of surveys of places to live and work

22 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

More entertaining at what exactly? Losing or losing heavily in this league?

Admittedly his interviews were awfully entertaining

And if SC knew all this wouldn't work then why did he stay? What purpose did he have staying? Why did he not resign in the summer with his held high?

Oh and we won't bring in a more experienced, well known manager because why would they come here? We're not an established Championship club, give it a couple of seasons and we will be, so we can attract a better calibre player or even manager

Archived