IGNORED

Now is it time for him to go?

Alan Dicks

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, sack him.

Then we'll bring in the next bloke who'll definitely be the right man until he loses a few games. 

I believe that it's mostly down to confidence when you're on a bad run

we get a good result and things change 

The negative feeling on this forum / crowd is exactly how the players feel when they walk out matchday 

I agree that forums are about people's points of view but let's get behind the team 

this forum is just like a few at AG change like the wind 

3 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

The negative feeling on this forum / crowd is exactly how the players feel when they walk out matchday 

I agree that forums are about people's points of view but let's get behind the team 

How many games have we lost by more than the odd goal this season?  When we start being thrashed, I'll get worried.  In the meantime we have to get behind the present strategy and give the team ( and the management) the support they need

That quote from LJ is displayed on page 59 of today's Evening Post. Unless of course they have deliberately made it up to undermine him?

Assuming it is LJ's words then I would suggest he is put out of his misery sooner rather than later. Plenty of vets about to act in a humane manner. That quote (if accurate) is embarrassing & desperate.

38 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I don't think he will be sacked you know.

There isn't a plethora of managerial talent out there who would readily come to us either - a few candidates, but I can't see them wanting to come here in all honesty.

Plus whoever did come in would have to be able to work with Mark "Charisma" Ashton, which in itself requires several badges and licenses.

Anyone heard from Ashton recently - he was very vocal when we were doing well!! 

10 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How many games have we lost by more than the odd goal this season?  When we start being thrashed, I'll get worried.  In the meantime we have to get behind the present strategy and give the team ( and the management) the support they need

So if we lose the next five games by the odd goal you still won't be worried?

18 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I've been getting behind the team for sixty seven seasons. So when will I ever see a half decent side at this level again? I'm sorry Rossi, he doesn't have a clue about what to do to put it right and should fall on his sword without delay.

45 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Nope it's his season. Same message from me. The guy won't get a break so I won't have a rebuttal for everyone. He chops and changes is what some will say tonight. If we'd have lost with 4-5-1 it would've been because we didn't play 2 up top. We beat Ipswich with two up top last time so he tried it again. Didn't work. He's still finding his feet as a championship manager. 

Im sure January will see some fresh faces to see us to safety. Didn't hurt us recruiting well last season in January even if loans. Fully expect us to be safe by about 12-15 points again. I get the frustration but I'm still for LJ seeing this out. 

Agree totally, appears all the LJ haters want to do the same old sacking cycle and back to square one again. SL will back him and MA next month and we will finish mid table and then review group in the summer with more new faces

Build a side slowly that competes at the top

1 hour ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I've always been behind Johnson but secretly had my doubts. I told myself after the Huddersfield defeat that I'd give a verdict at the end of the year after we had played some of the divisions poorest teams. And unfortunately, without a single point against these teams, my faith in him and most of our squad has disappeared now.

We could sack Johnson, but more than anything we need a serious injection of quality. Fulham aside, we havent played a decent 90 minutes all season. Our midfield is weak and regularly dominated... Defensively we are error prone, and upfront we have a crocked youngster, a fading veteran and a loanee. Pack, Reid, Freeman, Paterson, Flint, Fielding, Brownhill, O Dowda... Johnson built the team and has been responsible for poor tactics and management but (and I hate to say it) this calibre of player is simply not going to get us anywhere bar another 18th place finish at best.

I am most disappointed in our fans though. Too many self entitled people who love the sound of their own voice and that have waited patiently for our form to dip so they can bleat their "expert" opinion and tell us how they were right all along. People like that have got the team they deserve quite frankly.

I can guarantee that almost nobody on here moaning is getting any satisfaction on being proved right

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

I can guarantee that almost nobody on here moaning is getting any satisfaction on being proved right

I respectfully disagree, you can certainly sense a few have an air of smug satisfaction about our current situation. Not that they want City to go down, but they'd quite happily see us struggle sufficiently for the manager to be sacked because they didn't want him in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I respectfully disagree, you can certainly sense a few have an air of smug satisfaction about our current situation. Not that they want City to go down, but they'd quite happily see us struggle sufficiently for the manager to be sacked because they didn't want him in the first place. 

you may be right, but I sincerely hope not

33 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Agree totally, appears all the LJ haters want to do the same old sacking cycle and back to square one again. SL will back him and MA next month and we will finish mid table and then review group in the summer with more new faces

Yup. I'm not saying he can't fail either. Just saying I'd rather him get a fair chance to build his side before we call him a failure. It's been one window. Arguably our first proper window since we went up(last summer was a shambles and winter windows aren't a great time to buy). Needs time and patience 

Didn't want him as the Citys manager in Feb and don't want him now. How people can say he's one of the best young managers about is beyond me. He spent a lot of money in the summer on players who aren't getting in the side and was lucky the club got it it back through selling  Kodjia. Would you trust him with the money to bring in the players the City need for the here and now not the future that we as supporters get told about but never seems to arrive?

40 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Why are people that want him out, melodramatically tarred as 'haters' FFS? I don't hate, or even dislike the bloke. I just think that he is not up to the job.

13 minutes ago, demet78 said:

Didn't want him as the Citys manager in Feb and don't want him now. How people can say he's one of the best young managers about is beyond me. He spent a lot of money in the summer on players who aren't getting in the side and was lucky the club got it it back through selling  Kodjia. Would you trust him with the money to bring in the players the City need for the here and now not the future that we as supporters get told about but never seems to arrive?

I trust him and the scouts to spend wisely. I don't think they got the mix right but I don't question any of the young players that were bought in to develop and not play a lot right away. We needed more first team help for now. Hopefully in January we can address that because we aren't far off a solid mid table team. 

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I trust him and the scouts to spend wisely. I don't think they got the mix right but I don't question any of the young players that were bought in to develop and not play a lot right away. We needed more first team help for now. Hopefully in January we can address that because we aren't far off a solid mid table team. 

With all due respect that is a quite bizarre comment.

We may be able to address the situation next month, but that will be via loans, just like last year, and maybe we will stay up, maybe we won't. It is that serious in my opinion, we have not progressed one jot on the pitch and are still some way off being solid mid table.

We needed help in the summer and what we got was some for the 'future'.....actually I don't buy that, I think these lads were bought for 'now' and then it was realized that they were not ready.

There is a lot of 'spin' going on here, our summer is a reflection of the free fall we are in now.

7 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

With all due respect that is a quite bizarre comment.

We may be able to address the situation next month, but that will be via loans, just like last year, and maybe we will stay up, maybe we won't. It is that serious in my opinion, we have not progressed one jot on the pitch and are still some way off being solid mid table.

We needed help in the summer and what we got was some for the 'future'.....actually I don't buy that, I think these lads were bought for 'now' and then it was realized that they were not ready.

There is a lot of 'spin' going on here, our summer is a reflection of the free fall we are in now.

I don't see what is bizarre about it. I've said in the comment they probably got the mix wrong but even so they recruited at least GON, Magnusson and Tomlin for the first XI. If you count Tammy that's 4 out of 11 for the first XI. Take into account we didn't plan on selling Kodjia in that and we signed 4 of 11 new players plus ones for the future. I'm sure they thought it was enough. They underestimated and now we'll need a couple loans in January. Considering most teams have a couple loans, a couple won't hurt us. They didn't get it 100% right. That's football and all they can do is try to right it in January. 

13 hours ago, Sturny said:

There is a decent amount of attraction to be a manager here imo. We are just never willing to pay for those managers :( 

See I never understand this and can only put it down as "fan glasses". What is so great about managing this club? 

You do well as you're still questioned because you're not a "big name" 

You go on a run of bad form, you're sacked

You have a "great youth system" at your disposal only none of the players are good enough at this level (according to these forums) 

Bristol is not an amazing city in which to live, it's not growing as well as other cities and in comparison to its neighbour Cardiff offers a lot less. 

Wage budget must be in the lower half of the table with the bigger clubs in the same league. 

Honestly, yes we have a nice stadium, yes we have good desire and drive to go up but watching the board try to put together a solid staff who can do that job is like watching David James teach our future generation of goalkeepers how to catch a cross...  ******* disastrous. 

I know this sounds negative and I probably sound like a "boo boy" or whatever form name I'll be tagged with but honestly if I was a decent manager there are so many other jobs I'd be looking at before us, the only managers we're going to get are ones looking to further their careers. We need to stop sacking a manager every time they have a poor run of form. If we go down we go down but sacking Johnson now will just throw a manager into a situation where he won't have assessed what we need. This means he can't go out and get the players and won't have any talks already underway,  not to mention no-one wants to sell midway through a season unless they can get inflated prices. 

It's about time we stuck by a manager and allowed him a full season, start to finish. If it ends badly so be it but at least we'll be able to say he had a fair chance and the only consistent through all of our managers is that not one has been given a full season to turn it around when things have got tough, if we really want to change then it starts with the ability to actually commit to something rather than bailing out every time we begin to panic it's not going to plan. 

Archived