IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

Eddie Notgetinya

14 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Many a team have left their best player out for many different reasons. Real Madrid do it on regular occasions during the season to rest players etc. 

I think LT is a very good footballer, but at this present time in this team he doesn't help us. We can't be carrying players when out of possession and hoping he will pop up once in 90 mins with a bit of magic. That's just basic. 

I think Tammy has been great this year, along with Bobby who has really been a standout performer and but for his finishing would be attracting a lot of clubs. 

Seeing as I study and coach the game I can assure you my appreciation for LT on the ball is massive however as a player at BCFC right now, he is not the player we need

Real Madrid is a pretty poor comparison to use mate.They rest players because they have a squad full of internationals.We just cant't rest our best because the replacments don't seem to be good enough.

9 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Do you watch us play? Have you ever played the game?

Stones is wanting the ball, stones is having the confidence and fight, passion to produce a game changing moment of magic when others can't or chose to hide from the ball.

When have you ever seen LT shy away from the ball and what attributes does a player need to show to "stand up and be counted" as you call it?

Genuinely curious as to what you want from a footballer, or why it is that you watch football?

Wait a minute, Lee, is that you?  Pleased that you've joined Otib.

3 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Real Madrid is a pretty poor comparison to use mate.They rest players because they have a squad full of internationals.We just cant't rest our best because the replacments don't seem to b good enough.

True mate but he did ask me which world class teams do it..

17 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Play at a very good standard and also coach at a good level. Season ticket holder for 17 of my 22 years 

Bit of a poor thing to say just because of my opinion on one player when my point is he can play better 

There is a very different point from what i want to see and what gets results. Personally think you're not seeing my point which is LT doesn't work enough for the team, he has undoubted quality but he hasn't shone like last season. 

Why? Because we don't get the ball to him? 

Because he doesn't work hard enough? 

Because his attitude is crap?

or is it everyone around him making him play average... 

You tell me. 

Appreciate the reply and happy to have a sensible debate btw..

Respect that you know the game, sounds like we've similar backgrounds re. playing, (albeit if my 31 from 38 yrs season ticket holder ages me somewhat)

Regardless, it's bullshit he doesn't work enough, or he has a bad attitude and it's a lazy miscomprehension to make.

Do we get the ball to him enough? Maybe? Do we get it to him enough in the right positions? Definitely not.

LT talent wise is head and shoulders above 90% of players in this division. Let's not have a discussion about whether he should be in our side. We are lucky to have him. However, we aren't lucky enough to have a manger that understands how to get the best from him yet.

12 minutes ago, BS30 Reds said:

Anyone that questions Tomlins ability is a moron! Playing in a team full of sub standard players what do you expect from him! Appreciate him while he is here because trust me he is better than the drizzle we have at present!

Don't think any of us 'morons' are questioning his ability

(Always think anyone who refers to people as 'morons' says a lot about themselves)

its his attitude , & ability to play in a system , as part of a team  and how much he disrupts the team (in various ways) that us 'morons' question

Maybe your reading skills need a brush up 

16 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

True mate but he did ask me which world class teams do it..

I also asked you for examples..

Ronaldo plays every minute and has never been dropped, subject to fitness (aside from potentially one of Zidane's earlier games) 

What other of their best players are you referring to?

Which teams have dropped their best technical player and won trophies?

6 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Appreciate the reply and happy to have a sensible debate btw..

Respect that you know the game, sounds like we've similar backgrounds re. playing, (albeit if my 31 from 38 yrs season ticket holder ages me somewhat)

Regardless, it's bullshit he doesn't work enough, or he has a bad attitude and it's a lazy miscomprehension to make.

Do we get the ball to him enough? Maybe? Do we get it to him enough in the right positions? Definitely not.

LT talent wise is head and shoulders above 90% of players in this division. Let's not have a discussion about whether he should be in our side. We are lucky to have him. However, we aren't lucky enough to have a manger that understands how to get the best from him yet.

100% agree we do not get the ball to him in areas he can affect the game.. but he also tends to drop in quite deep to pick the ball up (granted because possibly doesn't get the ball enough) 

Agree about his qualities and he is an exceptional player, I just feel right now in the way we're setting up the style doesn't suit him and we don't play to his strengths therefore he's forced like tonight to play out of position... where for me he may aswell not other playing. 

1 hour ago, BCFCFreeman said:

LJ Has brought 2 wingers in, played them, found out they are not good enough (yet or never will be) and now plays Freeman and Tomlin over both of them.

2 wingers ?  A left footed player who plays on the right  who can't go outside his man, a right footed midfielder who cuts inside or even... gets played on the left. Neither are actual wingers.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(Always think anyone who refers to people as 'morons' says a lot about themselves)

its his attitude , & ability to play in a system , as part of a team  and how much he disrupts the team (in various ways) that us 'morons' question

I'm not sure what system we are actually trying to play to be honest.Haven't missed a home match this year and most of the blokes I sit with are as baffled as I am.The team is constantly changing and so does the way we play.It would be nice now and again to play a settled side and system that players are comfortable with and try to stick with it and improve it.This season we've had BR playing as a 10 as a holding midfielder and out wide.JB goes from LB to LWB and occasionally CM.I don't think it helps players settle into a position they can call their own when even after playing well the team is changed the following week.LT was brilliant last season and good at the start of this so I don't get the bad attitude and disruption thing.

3 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

I'm not sure what system we are actually trying to play to be honest.Haven't missed a home match this year and most of the blokes I sit with are as baffled as I am.The team is constantly changing and so does the way we play.It would be nice now and again to play a settled side and system that players are comfortable with and try to stick with it and improve it.This season we've had BR playing as a 10 as a holding midfielder and out wide.JB goes from LB to LWB and occasionally CM.I don't think it helps players settle into a position they can call their own when even after playing well the team is changed the following week.LT was brilliant last season and good at the start of this so I don't get the bad attitude and disruption thing.

1 When he's happy he's good , sometimes very good - when he's got the hump he's disruptive and sulky

2 Read the various mentions of incident at Huddersfield 

3 Ask Eddie Howe

4 Count how many times he tracks back or contributes in winning the ball back

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

1 When he's happy he's good , sometimes very good - when he's got the hump he's disruptive and sulky

2 Read the various mentions of incident at Huddersfield 

3 Ask Eddie Howe

4 Count how many times he tracks back or contributes in winning the ball back

So what system are we playing then that he needs to "fit" into, and I don't think Eddie Howe would tell me about LT being a bad un or has he told you?

6 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

So what system are we playing then that he needs to "fit" into, and I don't think Eddie Howe would tell me about LT being a bad un or has he told you?

He doesn't fit into any system - that's the whole point , you have to accommodate him for his pluses and cater for his deficiencies when we don't have the ball. Play him wide and he offers zero protection to LB and when given the 10"role gets impatient and drops deeper and deeper leaving TA isolated

Fine when he's delivering but a liability when he's not

Try Twitter , newspaper articles or Forums for the fall out with Eddie Howe

Tomlin took about 4 or 5 games to get going this season....remember all the yellows for frustrated back-chat in August and Sept.  He then found some form.  He's been as inconsistent as most of our players this season.  There's been some brilliance at times too.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He doesn't fit into any system - that's the whole point , you have to accommodate him for his pluses and cater for his deficiencies when we don't have the ball

Fine when he's delivering but a liability when he's not

Try Twitter , newspaper articles or Forums for the fall out with Eddie Howe

Unless it was Eddie Howe tweeting or writing in the paper it's all hearsay.I read on twitter and a forum that we were signing Jesse Linguard so I don't really believe the carp that's on there.

33 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How does he disrupt the team? By putting them in better positions? By being our most attacking threat? By being the only player who looks to take the game to the opposition?

a maverick like him can afford to have an attitude because at least he produces something on the pitch! Honestly can't believe people are questioning his place in our side

5 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Unless it was Eddie Howe tweeting or writing in the paper it's all hearsay.I read on twitter and a forum that we were signing Jesse Linguard so I don't really believe the carp that's on there.

Well in that case don't worry, and don't bother asking people what it's all about

Im sure it's all made up

You believe what you want

Maybe the players and bench at Huddersfield made that up too

Maybe Eddie Howe didn't freeze him out at Bournemouth

13 minutes ago, BS30 Reds said:

How does he disrupt the team? By putting them in better positions? By being our most attacking threat? By being the only player who looks to take the game to the opposition?

a maverick like him can afford to have an attitude because at least he produces something on the pitch! Honestly can't believe people are questioning his place in our side

By publicly undermining the manager is a reasonable start ......

By being ill disciplined in his given role a second.......

By not contributing when we don't have the ball a third .....

As for the highlighted sentence

IMHO 

No player , or maybe the top 2 or 3 in the World are good enough that they can'afford to have an attitude'

A ridiculous comment IMHO

Whats been his total contribution this season for such a maverick who has largely had a 'free role' or at least played as if he has

( I don't blame him for the current crisis but he is certainly an issue for LJ , and part of the issues that's for sure)

4 minutes ago, BS30 Reds said:

I started to reply to that absolute drivel and stopped twice..

Couldnt agree with you more. If LT is disrupting our team by consistently being the only player that takes on and beats his man, changes the pace of our attacks, takes the game to the oppo and lays assists on a plate then lets have 10 more LT's.

Cannot believe there are people questioning him who claim to watch us? 

To play Tomlin you need to play him in his best position, we had the same issue with Jet not too long ago.

We have spent a tidy amount of money to bring LT here and more than likely the highest paid player in our history? If we play him out wide we have wasted our money and made the team weaker because he hasn't got the work rate needed for that position.

It's a hard one for me, is he worth building the team around and changing our formation to suit him? I'm not sure and i am a big fan of LT. He is one of the most gifted/skillful players i have ever seen at the Gate and i love watching him play when he is on form but his mentality and work rate can often mean he goes missing in games.

We need to stick with a settled team and formation and i think a 5/3/2 or 3/5/2 would be best for us with the squad we have got

8 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Couldnt agree with you more. If LT is disrupting our team by consistently being the only player that takes on and beats his man, changes the pace of our attacks, takes the game to the oppo and lays assists on a plate then lets have 10 more LT's.

Bang on the money mate,can't believe he's fast becoming the new scapegoat.Take him out the side for next half dozen games and we will have no one that can actually beat a man with skill or play a killer pass.But hey,let's replace him with a bloke that runs all day and chases back and tackles but bloody clueless when he gets the ball.We've got plenty of them to replace him with.

9 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

You probably haven't been watching us long enough but Jacki was a LT ,  more talented and less disruptive, nice to admire some sublime skill  but we went on a losing run as he stood with his hands on his hips ......he didn't last either

4 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Just going to throw in David Beckham v Greece - WC Qualifier - Last Ditch wonder free-kick - everywhere on the pitch - captain fantastic - etc

Unless you're playing alongside him and expecting him to be in certain positions etc.

Just saying that for all the good things in DB's performance that evening, there will have been a number of knowledgable people in football thinking that his free-kick saved him from a right slagging!

Tomlin enveloped all of this in that opening 20 minutes v Preston.  Brilliance and lack of discipline.

However, more than willing for someone to say that he is given 100% licence to do exactly what he wants on the pitch, and that is the instruction LJ has given him.  

He is a fantastic player, on his day, I just want to get him back to the form he showed last season.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just going to throw in David Beckham v Greece - WC Qualifier - Last Ditch wonder free-kick - everywhere on the pitch - captain fantastic - etc

Unless you're playing alongside him and expecting him to be in certain positions etc.

Just saying that for all the good things in DB's performance that evening, there will have been a number of knowledgable people in football thinking that his free-kick saved him from a right slagging!

Tomlin enveloped all of this in that opening 20 minutes v Preston.  Brilliance and lack of discipline.

However, more than willing for someone to say that he is given 100% licence to do exactly what he wants on the pitch, and that is the instruction LJ has given him.  

He is a fantastic player, on his day, I just want to get him back to the form he showed last season.

I understand what you are saying about DB

But for me,  the difference in the comparison to Beckham v Greece Dave is Beckham defended , got forward , tackled , ran his a** off &  directed both  with his feet and his mouth and ran the show , and delivered

LT ......not really the same

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You probably haven't been watching us long enough but Jacki was a LT ,  more talented and less disruptive, nice to admire some sublime skill  but we went on a losing run as he stood with his hands on his hips ......he didn't last either

My favourite player and you're way off by saying less disruptive. Laughably so, if you really knew the club you pertain to support.

Either way, no surprise you didn't appreciate Jacki either.

Ever questioned whether football is really for you?

How about taking up train spotting, stamp collecting instead?

Archived