IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

Eddie Notgetinya

7 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

My favourite player and you're way off by saying less disruptive. Laughably so, if you really knew the club you pertain to support.

Either way, no surprise you didn't appreciate Jacki either.

Ever questioned whether football is really for you?

How about taking up train spotting, stamp collecting instead?

How old are you with your playground insults :rofl2br:

Supported the club for 45 years 

And have done work for 5 Pro,Clubs

Ill leave you to your 'Schoolboy Jibes Annual' and Shoot Pictures of Mavericks before I put you on ignore

I live near Bournemouth now so dont get to see City that often. I do get to talk to the occasional Bournemouth fan though (disappointing I know).Most of whom are surprised we took LT as I have not found 1 supporter yet who has not described him as Lazy, arrogant & a team wrecker. Apparently fell out with Eddie Howe in a big way & would never have got back in to the side. Now my point is, if Eddie Howe as a young manager can assert his authority & discipline on a team,that lets face it when he took over was headed downwards quicker than the Gas, why can't LJ?  Maybe LT is the problem & his tantrums coupled with his big wages are causing unrest, Personally I can not stand Bournemouth FC as it is alI I hear about most days, but I do envy their success when you consider where they were to where they are now. That is without LT.

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Who do you think SL will back RedM ? 

LJ or LT

(Rightly and I'm nowhere near convinced by LJ at all atm)

He will back the Manager

We don't really know if that's the case at all, just guessing. Ultimately Lee is the manager so will get backed before any player, as been proven with the contract extension. But ultimately too the manager has to manage his squad. It's not as if Lee inherited Tomlin, he was involved in his signing in the Summer, or at least I hope he was. If not he is probably being told 'there's your player, get on with it' and someone is banging their heads together right now.

8 hours ago, yardy said:

To play Tomlin you need to play him in his best position, we had the same issue with Jet not too long ago.

We have spent a tidy amount of money to bring LT here and more than likely the highest paid player in our history? If we play him out wide we have wasted our money and made the team weaker because he hasn't got the work rate needed for that position.

It's a hard one for me, is he worth building the team around and changing our formation to suit him? I'm not sure and i am a big fan of LT. He is one of the most gifted/skillful players i have ever seen at the Gate and i love watching him play when he is on form but his mentality and work rate can often mean he goes missing in games.

We need to stick with a settled team and formation and i think a 5/3/2 or 3/5/2 would be best for us with the squad we have got

Work rate=attitude....I don't think Lee works as hard as he is capable of doing.talented,yes-the most gifted player on our books for sure,but how many really great players don't give 100%???

Maybe when a c/forward/striker joins us in January(I hope) Lee will see more of the ball sitting behind a front two and start sparking.

22 minutes ago, Redandy said:

What a waste of a player. You move heaven and earth to sign him then play him as a left winger. It could only happen at City with the master tactician Lee Johnson.

Nail and head. 

'Waste' is the correct term for the whole situation. Can't pay £2.5m for him, £15k a week, play him out of position then complain he doesn't have the same effect. 

Much the same as Pitman. See last nights result for how that ended. 

As others have said, if he's not going to be playing in the middle behind the strikers, he shouldn't be on the pitch at all. Whoever plays left back when he's left midfield is in for a tough game with no help.

I personally think Tomlin should play every game (as long as that's in his correct position) he's so much better than everyone else we've got. His assist for Tammy at Wolves was a pass I don't believe anyone else would've been able to do.

First of all this issue about him having played out wide at times this season (which he didn't against Wolves but was still being used as an excuse for him), ideally he wouldn't play out thereof course, but he is hardly unique in being shifted out wide when he would rather play centrally. If you feel you need a stronger midfield in a game, or that you need two up front, the likelihood is he will be shifted out wide (or dropped). Possibly his best performance for us (and in my opinion our best performance at this level for a long long time) came against Wednesday last season with him playing out on the left.

Ordinarilly I would without a doubt be in the camp of always defending a player like Tomlin and forgiving him all his weaknesses and mistakes because of his ability. I'd rather not think about all the time I wasted on here endlessly defending JET for example. However I do think Tomlin is a big issue and as laughable as it may seem I do see him as one of the many problems with the team at the moment. In actual fact I've been surprised how long it has taken for there to be critical voices of him. Going back to JET, if he would have put in some of the performances that Tomlin has recently I wouldn't dare to think the vitriol about him on this forum.

Last night Tomlin was an absolute disgrace, a complete waste of space. He had one genius run early on (and it was genius) and after that we may as well have taken him off. I said just before half time that in hindsight I'd rather be was just tackled, as it seemed to give him the confidence that he didn't have to bother for the rest of the game. Can't bare to think how much he must have lost possession, letting people just walk past him, incredibly staying out of the book even though he made numerous petulant little fouls. Second half he played centrally behind two strikers and it wasn't any better.. At one point towards the end of the first half the ball came towards him in space and instead of trying to bring it down he just ridiculously had a big swing at it and sliced it out for a throw in.

A performance like that (and there have been a few recently) deserves to result in being dropped. But when you have someone with the profile that Tomlin has at this club and a massively under pressure manager it is an incredibly difficult decision.

Don't see any problem with Tomlin definitelyout most creative player and alway look more likely with him in the team ,he is suffering like the rest of the squad with the constant changes to the team, it's beyond a joke, Johnson is now just giving off the impression to me that it is all and hope and luck rather than tatitics and coaching weather we get through this terrible form I'm sad to say I just have lost all confidence in him turning this season around 

52 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Korey Smith is so over rated on here it's laughable

He was immense in our promotion season and was one of our few decent players last season. It's only injury that has diminished his powers. Either way, he's still vastly superior as a DM than Tomlin, whose defensive qualities are almost non-existent

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

First of all this issue about him having played out wide at times this season (which he didn't against Wolves but was still being used as an excuse for him), ideally he wouldn't play out thereof course, but he is hardly unique in being shifted out wide when he would rather play centrally. If you feel you need a stronger midfield in a game, or that you need two up front, the likelihood is he will be shifted out wide (or dropped). Possibly his best performance for us (and in my opinion our best performance at this level for a long long time) came against Wednesday last season with him playing out on the left.

Ordinarilly I would without a doubt be in the camp of always defending a player like Tomlin and forgiving him all his weaknesses and mistakes because of his ability. I'd rather not think about all the time I wasted on here endlessly defending JET for example. However I do think Tomlin is a big issue and as laughable as it may seem I do see him as one of the many problems with the team at the moment. In actual fact I've been surprised how long it has taken for there to be critical voices of him. Going back to JET, if he would have put in some of the performances that Tomlin has recently I wouldn't dare to think the vitriol about him on this forum.

Last night Tomlin was an absolute disgrace, a complete waste of space. He had one genius run early on (and it was genius) and after that we may as well have taken him off. I said just before half time that in hindsight I'd rather be was just tackled, as it seemed to give him the confidence that he didn't have to bother for the rest of the game. Can't bare to think how much he must have lost possession, letting people just walk past him, incredibly staying out of the book even though he made numerous petulant little fouls. Second half he played centrally behind two strikers and it wasn't any better.. At one point towards the end of the first half the ball came towards him in space and instead of trying to bring it down he just ridiculously had a big swing at it and sliced it out for a throw in.

A performance like that (and there have been a few recently) deserves to result in being dropped. But when you have someone with the profile that Tomlin has at this club and a massively under pressure manager it is an incredibly difficult decision.

Interesting / well explained read Bearded

Your summary of Tomlin last night sums up perfectly for me the current problem we ( The Club ) have with him at moment

If happy & committed I don't think anyone can argue that he takes the side to a higher level

Not happy and he's noticeably not ' at it' and allegedly someone who can disrupt others morale 

On performances alone , There is clearly an issue with him 

it needs resolving , it either needs sorting with a genuine fresh start or LT needs to move on ( Assuming LJ won't be going)

IMHO the only other possible ray of light is that LT may decide to get 'at it' , at AG at least , for the fans who praised him so publicly last season 

Can still see him off in Jan

Archived