IGNORED

'We need more characters'

Ivorguy

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm still waiting for @Londoner to explain what qualifies him for his clearer understanding of the game than anyone else, and what relevance 'academia' has in that.  I'm not being facetious, I genuinely want to know and the correlation.  But he/she refrains. Care to let us into your reasons?

As for @Jack Dawe I can accept his view being different to mine (not all the time to be fair) because he's not arrogant in his responses, might be a bit blunt at times, but forums are often like that....and you can have a debate with him.

We need (more) characters on this forum, Dave......... :whistle:     Happy New Year though (apologies if I've gone a little ott of late!)

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

We need (more) characters on this forum, Dave......... :whistle:     Happy New Year though (apologies if I've gone a little ott of late!)

No, its fine.  I'm so disappointed at the mo'.  There are lots of things wrong, most of them small, but it won't take much imho to turn them around.  Not everything is LJ's fault.  Nor is there a magic answer / formula.  Our players are not rubbish, nor are they world-beaters.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You advocate sticking Wilbs in as coach , then condemn the club as a ' retirement ' home ! 

Incoherent argument, I'm afraid. 

The nice, easy, retirement home was a remark about what is happening under LJ and MA's watch (well Lansdown's really). You'll remember that Wilbraham was here long before that time, I'm advocating getting back to some values he has that the club seems to be losing...

to be clear: the retirement, easy life, nice boys are more recent arrivals Matthews, GON, Tomlin who've all softened up our team and team spirit. 

Id have thought it was pretty obvious that I didn't think Wilbraham was here as a retirement plan.... by suggesting I'd keep employing him in a different way....

8 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

That sums up nicely for me where LJ has it wrong and someone like Hughton knows what is needed. City are exactly the 'before' he describes above. Trouble is that I think that is what LJ was aiming for. A possession-based, nice passing team. We can all see what Hughton says - that won't work in this league. Oh for a manager with his practical approach rather than one who talks tactics but doesn't seem to understand what works.

In fairness to LJ and MA though, they a) do seem to have brought in decent footballers on the whole and b) are now suggesting they do still need the experience Hughton talks about.

We were all well aware LJ would make mistakes, given his own age and experience. Like a lot of our signings, he's a long-term investment too...

Archived