IGNORED

Will city be relegated?

brizzlelou

Will City be relegated?  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Has it really come to this? Such little progress and a budget the likes of Preston, Birmingham, Barnsley, Blackburn, Burton, Ipswich, Brentford, Huddersfield, Rotherham and Wigan could only dream of. Pathetic.

This is what irks me. People always bang on about us being a small fish in a big pond but we actually consistently spend pretty big at these level and a lot more than all those clubs mentioned ^^. Its not good enough.

1 hour ago, GJS said:

Very negative opinion . We are losing by small margins. No team is battering us. If we recruit well in January we will pick up enough points and stay in the division.

Lee Johnson is a very intelligent manager but is going through a sticky patch. He is young and learning his trade. Hopefully this will make him stronger as a manager and then onwards and upwards.

how dare you speak some common sense and get behind our boss on here!

It's about momentum, we have it, all downward. 

Do I think we will be relegated if that momentum is not arrested yes of course LLLLWLLLLL IS RELEGATION FORM. What everyone is banking on, including me, is that we arrest the trend. 

Can LJ stop the spiral? Who knows! But someone will have to shortly as all our 'relegation' rivals have the same window to turn it around and may not all stay crap past January. 

1 hour ago, GJS said:

Very negative opinion . We are losing by small margins. No team is battering us. If we recruit well in January we will pick up enough points and stay in the division.

Lee Johnson is a very intelligent manager but is going through a sticky patch. He is young and learning his trade. Hopefully this will make him stronger as a manager and then onwards and upwards.

Thanks Gary. :laugh:. 

We are losing by small margines because teams once they get a lead will keep it and take fewer risks. 

You could argue I suppose that they take fewer risks with us because we can be dangerous but to be frank, how many right hammerings have there been this season. It's a division of relatively fine margins that we are consistently on the wrong side of and at the moment we show nothing to make me feel that will change except throw a bucket load of money at it in January. Which is the current cunning plan!

Whether you favour LJ staying or being sacked, it is a fact that based on the form from the last 10 games we could well go down.

Perhaps a couple of key signings could help us turn things around, perhaps a few more defeats might lead to SL giving up on LJ and a new manager will provide fresh impetus. One thing for sure if we repeat the results of the last 10 games for the next 10 we will be staring relegation in the face.

Personally I don't think we will go down, but given the start we had and luxury of having Tammy on loan, anything lower than 12th will be a poor result.

1 hour ago, Nube Rojo said:

I would call it a "realistic opinion", everyone expects LJ to make mistakes but he doesn't seem to be learning from them - like I said, what signs of improvement are there? I haven't seen any

You need to give him time. It's a bad run but as I mentioned before we are losing by small margins.

I hope he has learnt that his squad is unbalanced and knows which positions to strengthen. 

Lots of people are calling for him to be sacked but in my opinion this would be a mistake. He is clearly a very bright and intelligent man with a very good knowledge of football. Even top managers have bad spells in their careers.

My hope is we bring in a couple of strong players who can help along the younger ones.

I would be very interested to whom people would like LJ to be replaced with?

54 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

How many teams are paying wages like we are to the likes of Tomlin, O'Neil and Matthews?

I think a lot more than most would think. The bulk of our squad are on fairly average to low wages compared to other clubs I'd guess. I don't think our squad is very big in comparison to most too. 

52 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think a lot more than most would think. The bulk of our squad are on fairly average to low wages compared to other clubs I'd guess. I don't think our squad is very big in comparison to most too. 

Don't forget a lot of our players have signed new championship contracts but I would be surprised if any of Preston, Birmingham, Barnsley, Blackburn, Burton, Ipswich, Brentford, Huddersfield, Rotherham are paying more wages than us.

5 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Don't forget a lot of our players have signed new championship contracts but I would be surprised if any of Preston, Birmingham, Barnsley, Blackburn, Burton, Ipswich, Brentford, Huddersfield, Rotherham are paying more wages than us.

I'd be amazed if Ipswich weren't, Brum, too.

Expect Huddersfield and Blackburn pay very similar to us.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I'd be amazed if Ipswich weren't, Brum, too.

Expect Huddersfield and Blackburn pay very similar to us.

Barnsley`s a funny one, I`d be interested to know how they stack up. Didn`t Hamill turn us down at the last minute because he got a better offer from them? You`d think with the Stones/Mawson money they may have been able to offer more in wages than they may have been budgeting for when they went up.

17 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

probably add reading leeds sheff weds and a few others

5 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Has it really come to this? Such little progress and a budget the likes of Preston, Birmingham, Barnsley, Blackburn, Burton, Ipswich, Brentford, Huddersfield, Rotherham and Wigan could only dream of. Pathetic.

All of those clubs are smaller than us, except for Birmingham, Ipswich and Blackburn. But I wouldn't say we have a much larger budget than those. Can't recall the last summer we had a net spend of more than £500,000. Coppell/GJ? Until the club backs the manager properly, we'll stay where we reside (lower Championship/upper L1). We almost did this summer, but then threw all the good work away by selling our best player without a replacement a day or two before the window shut.

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Thanks Gary. :laugh:. 

We are losing by small margines because teams once they get a lead will keep it and take fewer risks. 

You could argue I suppose that they take fewer risks with us because we can be dangerous but to be frank, how many right hammerings have there been this season. It's a division of relatively fine margins that we are consistently on the wrong side of and at the moment we show nothing to make me feel that will change except throw a bucket load of money at it in January. Which is the current cunning plan!

What would your plan be? Johnson out and new manager in?

That would be cunning. Who would you get in?

Who has said it will be buckets of money? I'm convinced with 2 or 3 good signings we will be back on track.

41 minutes ago, pillred said:

a very worrying trend don't you think?

Not necessarily. It just shows where we're at as a club, whether LJ is manager or whoever the latest scapegoat is. 

For the last 10 years or so we've been a mostly bottom half Championship team.  The 10 years before that we were a mostly top half League 1 team.   As a whole it's progress, might not seem like much and for sure it's a bit frustrating but it's something.

7 minutes ago, GJS said:

What would your plan be? Johnson out and new manager in?

That would be cunning. Who would you get in?

Who has said it will be buckets of money? I'm convinced with 2 or 3 good signings we will be back on track.

Gary

The plan is what it is. We are here on a run that is embarrassing to the board, manager, team and supporters and the only solution LJ (or anyone else) sees is spending more of the clubs money after spending 11m to date. You can argue ones for the future etc and I am completely on board with the buy sell policy, but it has to work and the only new one for the future getting regular first team footy is Magnusson while the embarrassment of results continues and confidence flows out of the stadium from fans and players

LJ is the man in the seat and he has an opportunity to start turning this around tomorrow but time is running out, how much has this run cost in pure revenue terms? The fact is the supporters will be backing the man tomorrow, however if he loses he will be tenuous and gone no matter what if we are beaten by Fleetwood is my prediction. SL will not tolerate a relegation battle and the revenue loss of a possible cup run and decent draw

If LJ is replaced I would suggest Pemberton will get initial control. However someone already has a short list of possible replacements and then it's about who is available and what Pemberton does while they are researching it. 

Nothing cunning about LLLLWLLLLL unless I am unaware of a secret more cunning plan that turns the table on it head. Results are needed quickly to avoid a relegation battle however forcefully you make a case for keeping this going. You are aware of the definition of madness I suspect. Something has to change and its either results or the manager. Prey for a result tomorrow I know I am  

The biggest issue is if LJ gets a couple of results that we all hope he does who is on your short list of three and at what cost? And more pertinently his short list?

Do you not think 24 teams will be looking at a group of possible players, why would the needed ones come to us in free fall?Let me tell you, money, if at all, ask Bradley Dack, Zack Clough etc etc  

Congrats with DeGirolano, fingers crossed he does well at Cheltenham. Pretty amazed as Lee stated recently he was close to the first team particularly if Tomlin is injured so that was a coup!

I have voted no, because although I have never thought Lee Johnson was the right appointment, I don't believe that even he can keep this run up.

My worry is that if he does, Lansdown has such a love affair with the Johnson family that he still won't pull the trigger.

Archived