IGNORED

Supporters club and trust meeting Wednesday 4th January

Dollymarie

So it's the regular monthly meeting of the SC&T this coming Wednesday at the Rising Sun pub at 7:30pm.

This post is to ask if anyone has any items they would like put onto the agenda, given there will be at least one club official (usually Adam, sometimes Mark Kelly or Rachel Lemar) in attendance. I know Julie is coming as well if anyone has anything police related. 

By all means anyone who wishes to attend themselves is more than welcome. :) 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Frightening that such brief minutes take so long to be finalised 

We are all doing this in our spare time, the minutes go round everyone to see if any alterations need to be made, and as I said on this occasion we had an issue with our website not letting us upload stuff. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

We are all doing this in our spare time, the minutes go round everyone to see if any alterations need to be made, and as I said on this occasion we had an issue with our website not letting us upload stuff. 

Still a very poor effort,  17 days to type what can't be more than an A4 of notes. Simple email should be read within hours. 

• SC&T Board Members
2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Frightening that such brief minutes take so long to be finalised 

12 workings days is not really a long time. Strictly speaking the minutes of any meeting should really not be published until they have been approved at the following meeting as a true and accurate record of what took place at the previous one. However, whenever we can, we speed that process up, as we know that fans like to see what was discussed.

Nevertheless, you need to bear in mind the process involved: the minute-taker (like all of us, a volunteer) has to write up his notes (in his spare time); he then sends them to the chair for any corrections; any corrections from the chair are incorporated; the revised draft is then sent as a matter of courtesy to the BS / club representatives who attended the meeting to give them an opportunity to point out anything that they think is factually wrong (they have no right to make changes themselves and any amendments that they suggest are accepted by the minute-taker only if agreed as a correction of an error); the final draft is then circulated to the board (all volunteers ) for review/approval (in their spare time); once any further amendments from the board have been incorporated and the final draft approved, the minutes are uploaded by a member of the board with the website access/skills and time to do so (in this case, the chair on a Saturday morning).

Given that we would not want to publish a misleading account of matters discussed, I hope you will agree in hindsight that 12 working days is not an unduly long length of time for a team of volunteers to take to go through this process of drafting, revision, approval and publication.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Point taken, but the clubs I'm involved with as a VOLUNTEER with many more people involved get things published much quicker. 

And they would have been published quicker. But we couldn't upload them to our website for technical reasons. Honest :) 

Archived