IGNORED

Is Tomlin on his way out?

The Major

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

LT reminds me of another LT. Lee Trundle. Daddy couldn't get the best out of Trundle because he could not handle egos bigger than his or technical players. Baby boy has the same issue with Tomlin. Solution? Move the problem out....Johnson junior. 

Go to bed little gas head !!

2 hours ago, hodge said:

The game wasn't right for Tomlin today, 2-0 up with 20 odd minutes left so no need for Tomlin. Our mindset changes to trying to see the game out, again no need for Tomlin. 

I completely disagree. We were crying out for an outlet, someone to hold onto and carry the ball whilst everyone else was blowing out their ars3

4 minutes ago, Ray White said:

I completely disagree. We were crying out for an outlet, someone to hold onto and carry the ball whilst everyone else was blowing out their ars3

Which is why Wilbraham came on, does what you describe and his height is useful in defence for corners and what I'm sure would have been extra time had we been leading for aerial defence. Frankly Tomlin's work rate isn't high enough for situations like toady.

6 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Two nil up at home , rather bring on Tomlin and kill the game , cos sitting back worked didn't it 

I don't think bringing Tomlin on would've killed the game. We just needed not to keep the shape and refresh personnel. Keeping the 4-1-4-1 shape would've been fine IMO if we bought on Patterson for Freeman and kept Brownhill , Bryan and Smith in that triangle in the centre. Could've taken Tammy off for Wilbs so we can get the ball forward and it sticks but I guess Johnson went for it rather than trying to grind out a result. We needed a CM on the bench to freshen up and I don't think Tomlin would've been the right choice. 

An experienced manager is what is needed, someone who can give players like LT even more confidence and to have a settled team. Knowing his strongest team and what best formation suits.

Tomlin is a confidence player and his game is raised by appreciation from the supporters. The manager and his "Oh i think, i will try this" has not only pissed off his players and supporters, but supporters blaming player after player of what is expected of them.

It is all down to one man for not helping players with who shall i drop or what system should  i try next  attitude. Get it right Lee or you just wont lose players.

Oh it is all so very sad.  Top players bought not in the squad; and in Elkstrand's case never played

Young England youth captain, with skill and commitment, not on the bench when we have no one to cover his position

A youth policy in name only

Three goalkeepers this season already, will we see a fourth - some hope so.

Our one decent scoring winger sent to Cheltenham

A striker bought in this window whom virtually no one has heard of and, frankly, whose stats are not eye watering.

Our coaching seems as dreadful as ever, despite having more senior coaches than ever in our history - Head Coach + 2 assistants +goalkeeping coach (yes, we do have one).

Chief Executive gone mute, and I am no longer sure whether The Board exists in reality or merely on paper.

Oh it is all so very sad

26 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Two nil up at home , rather bring on Tomlin and kill the game , cos sitting back worked didn't it 

I'm glad Tomlin didn't come on or all the blame for losing would of been put on him, without doubt though he should of come on, an old experienced head would of helped seen the game out

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

I'm glad Tomlin didn't come on or all the blame for losing would of been put on him, without doubt though he should of come on, an old experienced head would of helped seen the game out

Like an experienced manager

3 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Only if he is on form otherwise he is a waste of time.

Not even half the player he was when on last season

A leopard doesn't change its spots  and personally I'm now wondering whether that money might have been better spent on just making us more solid. Grayson used to get stick up there for being a bit boring.. but where are Preston btw? 

24 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Oh it is all so very sad.  Top players bought not in the squad; and in Elkstrand's case never played

Young England youth captain, with skill and commitment, not on the bench when we have no one to cover his position

A youth policy in name only

Three goalkeepers this season already, will we see a fourth - some hope so.

Our one decent scoring winger sent to Cheltenham

A striker bought in this window whom virtually no one has heard of and, frankly, whose stats are not eye watering.

Our coaching seems as dreadful as ever, despite having more senior coaches than ever in our history - Head Coach + 2 assistants +goalkeeping coach (yes, we do have one).

Chief Executive gone mute, and I am no longer sure whether The Board exists in reality or merely on paper.

Oh it is all so very sad

Makes you wonder WTF is going on down there.  We've gone backwards in all our play.  Nothing has improved. It's shambolic.  

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Also, not at all keen on this look at me nonsense FT  clapping and sort of suggesting  this is what happens if I'm not in the side. Totally unappropriate stuff from Tommo considering the situation, for me

TBF us losing has happened plenty with him in the side, and being we seemed to create more or the same number of opportunities without him today, would be rash of him to suggest he'd have had an influence.

That said; it is worrying that a player to pivotal in turning our fortunes around last year, and purchased with much fanfare isn't having a side built around him. 

My concern was that Tomlin's post match actions were more at lack of respect aimed at LJ.

LJ went straight down the tunnel after the game today yet Tomlin was the last man out on the pitch and encouraging others to stay out also.

Hopefully I am reading to much into it, but this along with LJ and Little having an argument when Little got booked for time wasting suggests to me there is a lack of respect for the manager. 

I went to the Huddersfield game away, and it confirmed my opinion of him - as a goal was conceded, the man he should have been challenging was given free space and Tomlin was stationary, not involved at all. Its been mentioned that he is overweight, which appears to be the case. He seems to believe all this work stuff is beneath him. Time and again he attempts to spray long passes or deft touches, very few come off. He lacks Jackie's finesse and skill, yet works even less for the team. I'm surprised that having had him on loan, anyone sanctioned spending big money on him. Total lightweight, who's career will drift by and no one will remember him.

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Or he could have looked disinterested , failed to do his share of tracking back , berated teammates , and the ref

We will  never know 

People are reading way too much into the fact he likes to appreciates the fans after a game.I think he is a confidence player now whilst players like Flint or Fielding he just shows it in a more obvious way . I think Tomlin is very happy here, would someone who is going pastures anew be smiling and enjoying himself during the pre match build up ?

I agree with people mentioning that at times he is too good and we lack players on the same wave length. I think he would of linked up well with Brownhill and Bryan playing just behind Tammy rather then have Wilbs on .

5 hours ago, tomo said:

I heard that on the radio on the way home - anyone see the farewell ?

Yes - I saw his farewell.  He waved to all the stands and was clearly trying to say goodbye with his hand clapping.

Or....

He was encouraging the other players to applaud the remaining City fans and showing respect to the fans.

You decide.

2 hours ago, BarneyCity said:

I went to the Huddersfield game away, and it confirmed my opinion of him - as a goal was conceded, the man he should have been challenging was given free space and Tomlin was stationary, not involved at all. Its been mentioned that he is overweight, which appears to be the case. He seems to believe all this work stuff is beneath him. Time and again he attempts to spray long passes or deft touches, very few come off. He lacks Jackie's finesse and skill, yet works even less for the team. I'm surprised that having had him on loan, anyone sanctioned spending big money on him. Total lightweight, who's career will drift by and no one will remember him.

If the rumours are true and he leaves this month then I think the first goal at Huddersfield and his behaviour afterwards will be a large part of the reason why.

Now you can criticise the manager for the suicidal decision of playing Tomlin out wide against a team that pushes their fullbacks on in the way Huddersfield do, but for the first twenty minutes of that game their right back was in acres of space every time they had the ball and Tomlin made absolutely no effort to even try and get back and offer Golbourne any protection. Then, oddly, at some point after the goal he just went and played in the middle. Initially I had assumed that him and Freeman were swapping sides, but Freeman remained out on the right whilst Tomlin just played in behind the front two. If either of Wilbraham or Tammy were meant to come out and fill in on the left than nobody told them. So either Tomlin just decided to go and play inside or we managed to fail to inform our players about a change of system. Either way, we were playing with absolutely nobody in front of Golbourne on that side.

Of course the next game was the Brentford game in which he was dropped and most of the rumours began to start..

As for Tomlin, if he put half as much effort in on Friday night as he did clapping the fans after full time today he may have actually got a game this afternoon. Forgive me for being slightly cynical about such behaviour whilst the rumours of him falling out with the manager/leaving continue to rumble on.

11 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

When clapping the crowd at the end he was encouraging all the other players to do the same. It was an acknowledgment of the fans, nothing else. 

As I said that's how I saw it too.

Now if he had left the pitch in his pants after throwing every available piece of kit into the crowd that might be different.

Archived