IGNORED

Taylor Moore

petehinton

Forced to co-commentate on ******* Radio Bristol whilst he watches a defence made up of a (not fully fit) RB at CB. 

To then have the club announce at 2:15pm that he's going out on loan. 

To then have LJ say after the game that he has "options" for loans but nothing is done and he'll only go if it suits the club. Well then why is he sat commentating and watching on our defence conceding the same goal three times if he's not going anywhere?!

Couldnt make it up. 

Bobby Reid ending the game at right wing when we had Jamie "I've been a big fan of his since he was at Walsall" Paterson on the bench. Also, couldn't make it up!!

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Forced to co-commentate on ******* Radio Bristol whilst he watches a defence made up of a (not fully fit) RB at CB. 

To then have the club announce at 2:15pm that he's going out on loan. 

To then have LJ say after the game that he has "options" for loans but nothing is done and he'll only go if it suits the club. Well then why is he sat commentating and watching on our defence conceding the same goal three times if he's not going anywhere?!

Couldnt make it up. 

Bobby Reid ending the game at right wing when we had Jamie "I've been a big fan of his since he was at Walsall" Paterson on the bench. Also, couldn't make it up!!

You couldn't make it up!  But LJ seems to be every week.

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

100% agree. I'm in the LJ camp but to play a right back at centre half and have a fit centre back out of the squad and commentating on radio bristol!

Didn't think Mathews was our worst player today. Fit enough to play 90 minutes. 

This guy has looked reliable when given a chance and is a rock for England under 19s.

Crazy if he was fit today that he was not selected ahead of Matthews.

If I was him I would only be interested in a loan that could lead  to a permanent move !!

Genuinely, and this might sound over the top, but the decision to play Matthews at centre half today instead of Moore (someone that came on at half time in our last game!) and then find out that he is going on loan made me go from being on the fence about Johnson to thinking he should be sacked.

An uninterested, unfit waste of space right back getting picked at centre half instead of a young and supposedly highly rated England youth international that we signed this summer and put in a good performance in his only start in the middle of the defence. Great stuff, one of the most ridiculous decisions I can remember.

I've defended LJ many times in the past but I can't defend this. Utterly ridiculous.

As I just said again on the matchday thread, I thought he put in an assured performance against Hull in the cup - certainly good enough to be called upon when required, which is surely the point of a first team squad member.

Madness.

10 minutes ago, MyBrotherErnie said:

First team CB injured, no experienced backup. 

For a manager who places emphasis on developing youth talent to then choose a loanee RB instead of a talented young CB is baffling

Indeed. How can you preach on about believing in and developing young players then play Matthews ahead of Moore today. Makes you look like nothing other than a fraud chucking about empty words.

I could be wide of the mark here, but I'm sure we must be able to recall Vyner? If we knew Magnusson was a doubt and the alternative was playing ******* Matthews there then surely Vyner would be an an option. I think he's been playing right back at Accrington, but people that seem to know have often said that he can play, in fact his better position, is indeed centre back.

At the very least, if he plays Moore or Vyner today and we lose I can't help but the feel the manager would be receiving a lot more sympathy tonight that having opted for the bottle job decision of Matthews.

14 minutes ago, Neo said:

This guy has looked reliable when given a chance and is a rock for England under 19s.

Crazy if he was fit today that he was not selected ahead of Matthews.

If I was him I would only be interested in a loan that could lead  to a permanent move !!

Totally agree, Johnson has commented on his lack of fitness, his diet and I believe to an extent his overall attitude? 

We have our own player , young, I would suggest hungry to make an impact and he's not even in the squad. This type of decision could make Moore consider his long term future at the club. How does Johnson explain that decision to the player. 

We're short defensively today

Am I playing then gaffer?

No, will play at right back alongside Aden today. We might be sending you out on loan anyway. Be good experience for you to do some radio commentary anyway!

Whatever the football issues failure to anticipate the fans' likely reaction to him not even being on the bench and compounding it by letting him do the radio coverage was just dumb PR. I'm beginning to think LJ is not as clever as he thinks he is.

3 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

LJ more of less blamed TM for Ipswich's winner implying should have risked a broken nose to get to the ball. Not very inspiring to be singled out on live radio and largely blamed for the defeat. LJ's obviously decided that another one's "not ready".

Baffling CB situation today.

Some journo commented on the radio today how Pep never criticises his players come what may. LJ consistently has a go at individuals in public. No wonder there is talk of rifts. Time to take responsibility and stop slagging players off, however deserved he might think it.

15 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Whatever the football issues failure to anticipate the fans' likely reaction to him not even being on the bench and compounding it by letting him do the radio coverage was just dumb PR. I'm beginning to think LJ is not as clever as he thinks he is.

That's for ******* sure

3 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

We currently have 4 centre backs: Flint, Magnusson (injured), Ekstrand (leaving) & Moore (leaving on loan). 

Ridiculous that we might have just 1 fully fit centre back. 

We MUST have centre backs coming in. Surely?

You'd think there would be a couple.

That whole episode today was baffling, and he then compounds it by saying that there's no deal lined up for Moore to go out. I'm trying to stay supportive of him, but stuff like that is mental.

5 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

We currently have 4 centre backs: Flint, Magnusson (injured), Ekstrand (leaving) & Moore (leaving on loan). 

Ridiculous that we might have just 1 fully fit centre back. 

We MUST have centre backs coming in. Surely?

You can only assume we do. People can say what they like about Taylor Moore's "readiness" but to not even have him on the bench is madness.

What if Flint had got injured in the first minute? Moore has to be more "ready" to play centre back than someone who isn't a centre back!

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You'd think there would be a couple.

That whole episode today was baffling, and he then compounds it by saying that there's no deal lined up for Moore to go out. I'm trying to stay supportive of him, but stuff like that is mental.

What LJ said post match that the SBC is currently just a bit too strong for TM and that he would benefit from a loan "playing English football" and return ready next season to compete for a starting place.

You would think it's fairly straight forward psychology.

If you're publicly criticised, unless you're thick-skinned and take it on board as motivational (which most probably would not), it's unlikely to be positively received by him and others in the squad. Not good for morale/keeping harmony in the dressing room.  

Probably doesn't help with the interviews so soon after the game when defeat very raw but can still avoid public finger-pointing. 

Someone's lost the plot and this previous Happy Clapper won't be sorry to see the back of the little chap. I say I won't be sorry but I will as I thought he was the real deal . I've never heard a previous manager talk so articulately, with such depth and technical knowledge of the game , in such an easy manner . 

Perhaps we should loan the manager out to Cheltenham and have him back when he's ready for the Championship ?

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What LJ said post match that the SBC is currently just a bit too strong for TM and that he would benefit from a loan "playing English football" and return ready next season to compete for a starting place.

So he 's only capable of looking good against powder puffs like Hull then? 

Archived