IGNORED

Clueless Johnson

David Jones

Not at all impressed with Lee Johnson, shows no passion from the touchline, and just doesn't seem as though he knows what to do, Now going to let Taylor Moore out on Loan, he signs players that are well and truly under performing or  injury prone Matthews, O'Neal, yesterday Jap Stam showed passion wether it was anger or joy, where as nothing came from Johnson and we are now going to let him lose on signing more loans or purchase players very worrying. 

is Mr Ashton the man for the job we Bring in another coach and assistant to Pembo. and he sits on the bench and never says a word.

We have now built a Stadium to be really proud of and the way things are going we will have crowds of 11,000 next season in League one.

Very Worried for the future.

38 minutes ago, David Jones said:

Not at all impressed with Lee Johnson, shows no passion from the touchline, and just doesn't seem as though he knows what to do, 

Incorrect. I was right behind the dugout yesterday and he was kicking every ball and got in the face of the 4th official as much as Cotterill did. Besides, even if you were correct, showing 'passion' from the touchline isn't a prerequisite for success.

Now going to let Taylor Moore out on Loan,

Agree about Moore. I can understand him going on loan but I was very surprised with his absence from the squad yesterday.

he signs players that are well and truly under performing or  injury prone Matthews, O'Neal, yesterday

Based on performances last season I would wager a vast majority of City fans would've signed Matthews in the summer. He's improved recently anyway. Likewise O'Neil, brings experience but doesn't effect games enough for me.

Jap Stam showed passion wether it was anger or joy, where as nothing came from Johnson and we are now going to let him lose on signing more loans or purchase players very worrying. 

As I said above, incorrect. I would say Johnson was just as animated as Stam yesterday. But again, how much a manager jumps around on the touchline is pretty irrelevant.

is Mr Ashton the man for the job we Bring in another coach and assistant to Pembo. and he sits on the bench and never says a word.

Wrong again. Holden (who I think you're talking about) was getting up all game speaking to LJ and the players.

We have now built a Stadium to be really proud of and the way things are going we will have crowds of 11,000 next season in League one.

Even if we were relegated our crowds would still be higher than that.

Anyone else notice the proliferation of newbie posters coming on to stick the knife in?

Exactly the same thing happened at the end of Cotts's time her as well.

52 minutes ago, David Jones said:

Not at all impressed with Lee Johnson, shows no passion from the touchline, and just doesn't seem as though he knows what to do, Now going to let Taylor Moore out on Loan, he signs players that are well and truly under performing or  injury prone Matthews, O'Neal, yesterday Jap Stam showed passion wether it was anger or joy, where as nothing came from Johnson and we are now going to let him lose on signing more loans or purchase players very worrying. 

yes mate there are league one clubs fleetwood etc wanting him on loan so where does he let him go?yes you guessed it daddys team where i feel sure he would gain more experience from a league one club

12 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Anyone else notice the proliferation of newbie posters coming on to stick the knife in?

Exactly the same thing happened at the end of Cotts's time her as well.

They'll drift off back where they came from when things are sorted.

• Admin

Interesting to read about the reactions - I was in one of the boxed for the PNE game, and it was very noticeable how LJ was motionless during most of the game

Pemberton spent the game arguing with the 4th official and Holden was just sat with his arms crossed

We were absolutely dog shite until January under Johnson, losing 9 out of 11 of our previous games, 8 of them on the spin, come January we signed Brownhill, Hammill, Long & White, and Won 6 on the spin, and now we're 8th in the championship having been in bottom 6 of league one just 12 months ago, I think because of that your board and fans have to give him this window and assess things mid February. 

1 hour ago, David Jones said:

Sorry mate, but this is a very poor posting.  Where is the evidence of a lack of passion?  I'm not getting that.  The signings that Johnson has made are in keeping with the club's strategy, but you can't legislate for injuries.  Players get injured.  It happens.  Don't blame the manager for it.

The club is trying to build for the future and has to be allowed to continue to do so.  Knee-jerk reactions from fans aren't going to help, and what was being acknowledged in October as one of our best ever transfer windows does not turn into a strategic disaster just because we're having a bad run.  I saw evidence yesterday of players committed to turning things around, and some young and exciting players signed by Johnson who will only improve.

Time for a bit of nerve-holding here.  Once we are past this poor run, no reason why we can't return to our early season form.  Just needs a few decent signings, and some confidence to return - oh, and it would help if some fans got off the management team's back and started supporting again.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The signings that Johnson has made are in keeping with the club's strategy, but you can't legislate for injuries.  Players get injured.  It happens.  Don't blame the manager for it.

...... and what was being acknowledged in October as one of our best ever transfer windows does not turn into a strategic disaster just because we're having a bad run.

I saw evidence yesterday of players committed to turning things around, and some young and exciting players signed by Johnson who will only improve.

Interesting point, agree we can't blame LJ for injuries, but we can blame him for tactics / formations etc

Out of the transfer window - what bothers me the most is how little impact all those signings have made. 

Problem is, over 90 minutes we got it tactically wrong yesterday - yes players showed passion etc, it was clear to see how it hurt when the final whistle blew.

The "young and exciting players will only improve" - no offence but that is just in hope, we haven't seen enough of any of them yet to say they will consistently step up at this level

To be honest, I didn't want Johnson originally. Still don't. Managerial credentials were hardly in abundance when he was awarded the job. 

That said, we are stuck with him. 

The only way around the whole situation now, for us to remain in the league is for an older header to come in and assist from above. 

He's a rookie. Rookies do work as proved across the leagues. This though is not working. Lansdown won't sack him and I understand his own reasons probably surrounding stability. So for me, if he's not to be given the boot, help him Steve. Get somebody in above him to assist/guide our rookie. 

Please?

I wasn't thrilled by Lee Johnson's signing at the start. It seemed like another "Yes Man" choice from the board that would allow them to continue the Five Pillars bollocks that Cotterill tried to put to bed.

Ultimately, I think this is still the case, and is why we're seeing the same sort of problems we had when we went down the last time: A bunch of young players that don't seem ready, a bunch of solid Championship players that seem to have given up, and a manager that cannot seem to turn things around. For me, the problem isn't with LJ, nor was it with Cotterill or SOD or McInnes. Our problem is that the people that run the club have made numerous poor decisions, and continue to back a failed philosophy.

I think LJ should be given the opportunity to turn things around, because he openly said at the start of his tenure that he needed three transfer windows to really push up the league. He's had one so far, and he deserves at least another.

The board and the fans want to have their cake and eat it. We want to build a lasting foundation for a successful club, but we go through at least a manager a year. We want top Championship talent, but we often don't want to pay for it. We want to push for the Premier League, but we hire inexperienced managers with perceived potential.

If we want to sack LJ, then we need an adequate replacement. Currently, there isn't one.

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

I wasn't thrilled by Lee Johnson's signing at the start. It seemed like another "Yes Man" choice from the board that would allow them to continue the Five Pillars bollocks that Cotterill tried to put to bed.

Ultimately, I think this is still the case, and is why we're seeing the same sort of problems we had when we went down the last time: A bunch of young players that don't seem ready, a bunch of solid Championship players that seem to have given up, and a manager that cannot seem to turn things around. Forme, the problem isn't with LJ, nor was it with Cotterill or SOD or McInnes. Our problem is that the people that run the club have made numerous poor decisions, and continue to back a failed philosophy.

I think LJ should be given the opportunity to turn things around, because he openly said at the start of his tenure that he needed three transfer windows to really push up the league. He's had one so far, and he deserves at least another.

The board and the fans want to have their cake and eat it. We want to build a lasting foundation for a successful club, but we go through at least a manager a year. We want top Championship talent, but we often don't want to pay for it. We want to push for the Premier League, but we hire inexperienced managers with perceived potential.

If we want to sack LJ, then we need an adequate replacement. Currently, there isn't one.

Totally agree. We can all look for scapegoats as far back as McInnes and probably further whilst at the same time praising SL for what many seem as his generous investment.

The thing for me is the FOOTBALL CLUB that so many of us have loved and lived since birth has just allowed to become a cog in the Bristol Sport # Making Bristol Proud engine.

If the football falters then so what? Bristol Sport now has other cogs it can look to and develop to fill the stadium and generate a return for the investor.

That's not meant as a swipe at SL - any idiot who invests in football will want to see a return and secure his or her money.

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry mate, but this is a very poor posting.  Where is the evidence of a lack of passion?  I'm not getting that.  The signings that Johnson has made are in keeping with the club's strategy, but you can't legislate for injuries.  Players get injured.  It happens.  Don't blame the manager for it.

The club is trying to build for the future and has to be allowed to continue to do so.  Knee-jerk reactions from fans aren't going to help, and what was being acknowledged in October as one of our best ever transfer windows does not turn into a strategic disaster just because we're having a bad run.  I saw evidence yesterday of players committed to turning things around, and some young and exciting players signed by Johnson who will only improve.

Time for a bit of nerve-holding here.  Once we are past this poor run, no reason why we can't return to our early season form.  Just needs a few decent signings, and some confidence to return - oh, and it would help if some fans got off the management team's back and started supporting again.

Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Pemberton spent the game arguing with the 4th official and Holden was just sat with his arms crossed

You sure about that? Dean Holden doesn't sit in the technical area most of the time. He usually comes down from wherever he sits in the stand near the end of each half and occasionally when he has a point for discussion.

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting to read about the reactions - I was in one of the boxed for the PNE game, and it was very noticeable how LJ was motionless during most of the game

You rarely see  Arsene Wenger getting too passionate on the touch line. He sits there with arms folded, leaning forward.

Occaisionally he'll get upset usually with the referee.

• Admin
17 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

You sure about that? Dean Holden doesn't sit in the technical area most of the time. He usually comes down from wherever he sits in the stand near the end of each half and occasionally when he has a point for discussion.

Yup, definately him - ironically it was pointed out to me that it was unusual to see him in that area

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

You rarely see  Arsene Wenger getting too passionate on the touch line. He sits there with arms folded, leaning forward.

Occaisionally he'll get upset usually with the referee.

Yeah - and look how often they win anything :ph34r:

18 hours ago, Honiton Tony said:

True, but faith doesn't necessarily have to be blind.  I saw enough in the second half of last season to believe that Johnson can be successful.  The present run isn't a surprise to me - we were overachieving earlier in the season and there was always the risk that O'Neill would get crocked and Tomlin would go walkabout - and the January window gives an opportunity to turn it around.  I would give him the three windows he said he needed.  If we are not making progress by then, I'd be happy to admit that a change is needed.

22 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

True, but faith doesn't necessarily have to be blind.  I saw enough in the second half of last season to believe that Johnson can be successful.  The present run isn't a surprise to me - we were overachieving earlier in the season and there was always the risk that O'Neill would get crocked and Tomlin would go walkabout - and the January window gives an opportunity to turn it around.  I would give him the three windows he said he needed.  If we are not making progress by then, I'd be happy to admit that a change is needed.

Good post and I agree we need to stick together although time Is not on his side

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 09:16, David Jones said:

just a small thing, this lose and loose thing drives me mad

Archived