IGNORED

If you want LJ out...

Benjam!n Ultra

Do NOT buy a ticket for our weekly defeat this Saturday against Fleetwood. 

SL will not want to admit his failure of a choice is a failure so you need to hit the board where it hurts - money. I think we all know SL won't actually sack LJ until we continue this run into L1 next season. 

SL will not be able to ignore a low crowd, especially with prices as low as they are. It will be more of a statement against LJ than us actually losing, which isn't unlikely. 

We need to support our  team, LJ or no LJ.  I dont think boycotting the game is the right thing to do.

I dont think chopping and changing managers is a good idea either. Bring in some experienced help fo LJ maybe until the end of the season.

Of course defeat against Fleetwood could spark more than a bit of head scratching.

Support you team. COYR.

Already bought my ticket and looking forward to being there to support my team. Not sure how a boycott will achieve anything. We need to support the team and hope that a win on Saturday starts to get a bit of confidence back and that plays its part in improving our league position. Simple as that. 

33 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

SL will not want to admit his failure of a choice is a failure so you need to hit the board where it hurts - money. I think we all know SL won't actually sack LJ until we continue this run into L1 next season. 

SL will not be able to ignore a low crowd, especially with prices as low as they are. It will be more of a statement against LJ than us actually losing, which isn't unlikely. 

Top fan 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Top fan 

The strangest part of OTIB has always been the competition to be recognised as a 'real' or 'true' fan. It's not something that actually concerns most adults tbh. 

I just want the best for the club and at this stage that is to remain in this division under the stewardship of a manager who knows what they're doing.

I've chucked enough money away this season watching us struggle, a vote with the feet is a fine way to show displeasure - no in or out ground protests, no effecting the team on the day or calls for the managers head or booing during the 90 mins. It's imo the most appropriate sign of disapproval of the current manager. 

I was born and raised in Brescia (parents are both English, before the racial go home comments appear) and I can remember my friends from school going to the training ground and venting their anger! It's not our culture but it definatley gets stuff ironed out. The manager came out and took questions and criticism from the fans and they turned the season around. 

3 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

The strangest part of OTIB has always been the competition to be recognised as a 'real' or 'true' fan. It's not something that actually concerns most adults tbh. 

I just want the best for the club and at this stage that is to remain in this division under the stewardship of a manager who knows what they're doing.

I've chucked enough money away this season watching us struggle, a vote with the feet is a fine way to show displeasure - no in or out ground protests, no effecting the team on the day or calls for the managers head or booing during the 90 mins. It's imo the most appropriate sign of disapproval of the current manager. 

Can you guarantee a replacement will secure us safety? We all want the best for our club. What if we sack the manager and we end up paying his settlements fees and we still go down? none of us have a crystal ball... the only thing i know is that it is not healthy to constantly sack managers when things aren't going our way and eventually we will need to back someone. Between MA & LJ we do seem to have a direction of what we want to do and achieve. Yes atm this is not working but im one for backing a plan for the long term and seeing it through  rather than constantly chopping and changing. 

Nothing was ever built without stability... Man Utd and alex ferguson are the biggest highlight of this.... imagine where they would have been had they sacked him instead they back him and enjoyed huge success and now without him are struggling to make top 4. 

6 minutes ago, famouslastword said:

Can you guarantee a replacement will secure us safety? We all want the best for our club. What if we sack the manager and we end up paying his settlements fees and we still go down? none of us have a crystal ball... the only thing i know is that it is not healthy to constantly sack managers when things aren't going our way and eventually we will need to back someone. Between MA & LJ we do seem to have a direction of what we want to do and achieve. Yes atm this is not working but im one for backing a plan for the long term and seeing it through  rather than constantly chopping and changing. 

Nothing was ever built without stability... Man Utd and alex ferguson are the biggest highlight of this.... imagine where they would have been had they sacked him instead they back him and enjoyed huge success and now without him are struggling to make top 4. 

Ferguson had been a success elsewhere. We appointed a manager who had done absolutely nothing in the league below, unfortunately. 

The most concerning thing for many of those who don't want him here is that he went through just as bad a spell at Barnsley and has learnt the square root of zero from that experience/run of form. 

We can't stick with him in case he comes good as there is no evidence he will. Nor can we stick with him because Man United did so with a proven manager 30 years ago. We appear to now be in the clutching at straws period under LJ which means the end is nigh - let's just hope SL doesn't act too late. 

1 hour ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Presume you'd still be 'boycotting' if we were playing Man U or Chelsea this weekend? No, didn't think so............

Know what? I was in 2 minds about buying a ticket after Saturday. Told the kids I'd spent enough through the season tickets and their shirts.

Now I read nonsense like this.

I'll be there. Through thick and thin.

Thanks for helping me get things in perspective.

Fair enough.  But you may want a re-think on your username

11 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Know what? I was in 2 minds about buying a ticket after Saturday. Told the kids I'd spent enough through the season tickets and their shirts.

Now I read nonsense like this.

I'll be there. Through thick and thin.

Thanks for helping me get things in perspective.

Glad I could help you with giving your kids a day out. 

6 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Benjamin is a Gashead.

The way he walks.

The way he talks.

Great another OTIBism along with the top fan comment. 

If someone isn't happy with things at City they must be a gashead. Do you think a single ******* cretin from north of the river would want to upset the apple cart at City now? The derby is a realistic fixture now next season.

Grow up. 

3 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

But you are Benny.

Nothing good to say about City or its fans.

Nothing.

No mirth.

No humour.

No positivity.

You've got the depth and strength of a pringle.

Gas.

Okay then fine, LJ in. I'll go on Saturday. Mods feel free to close the thread, this engaging debate with sixtyseconds has inspired me that LJ can do the business. 

4 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Here she is again.

Engaging debate with Mrs Ultra.

ULTRA ... Look it up.

Evidently its a wind up for City fans.

Debate that one.

Gas.

Why are you using being female as an insult? 

Just in case it's against forum rules I've had to report it. 

In terms of ultra read above, it was used for a wind up when S82 sang at my block calling us '*****' for not singing. 

1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

I was born and raised in Brescia (parents are both English, before the racial go home comments appear) and I can remember my friends from school going to the training ground and venting their anger! It's not our culture but it definatley gets stuff ironed out. The manager came out and took questions and criticism from the fans and they turned the season around. 

blimey you must have a very low opinion of us on here, I have never heard anyone come out with any racist comments before

2 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

What, not buying a ticket for a game that won't be a big crowd anyway..?!

If you want to make your point, why not stay away from Cardiff at home and boycott that, or is that not convenient because you fancy going to that game..?! 

58 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Glad I could help you with giving your kids a day out. 

You didn't. I was there with them anyway. You had absolutely nothing to do with it. They loved seeing their plaque on the Atyeo statute too. Again nothing to do with you.

I'll be there on Saturday though. I'm guessing you won't.

Your choice.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What, not buying a ticket for a game that won't be a big crowd anyway..?!

If you want to make your point, why not stay away from Cardiff at home and boycott that, or is that not convenient because you fancy going to that game..?! 

Season Ticket, they'd count me as there regardless. The cup is the perfect opportunity for those inclined. 

Archived