IGNORED

If you want LJ out...

Benjam!n Ultra

The way I see it is both sides of this thought have a point.

I would not blame anyone for a day off from this....No One! Season ticket holders stumping up extra cash, pay on the dayers chucking out wonga to watch a team that can't buy a win Versus a League One outfit I am assured have a little form.

On the other hand support your team through thin and thinner and as a City fan that is what you do, what has changed?

Some might say nothing really, this is just the latest debacle. The point is this type of game people don't turn out in numbers for anyhow. So some people making public statements about it were probably not going anyway and now the instant excuse is there.

Either way, something has to change fast. LJ buys a win or SL buys a manager, that is obvious. A defeat against a League One team at home can arguably be the bench mark of progress that I have read a lot about or the spring board to a run of results. Lets hope we don't have much else!

2 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Do NOT buy a ticket for our weekly defeat this Saturday against Fleetwood. 

SL will not want to admit his failure of a choice is a failure so you need to hit the board where it hurts - money. I think we all know SL won't actually sack LJ until we continue this run into L1 next season. 

SL will not be able to ignore a low crowd, especially with prices as low as they are. It will be more of a statement against LJ than us actually losing, which isn't unlikely. 

I can't make it this Saturday and I was a little disappointed because I love cup games, but after yesterday shambles I think I had a lucky escape.

I do take you point the best way to show your displeasure is to vote with your feet if you feel that way.

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The way I see it is both sides of this thought have a point.

I would not blame anyone for a day off from this....No One! Season ticket holders stumping up extra cash, pay on the dayers chucking out wonga to watch a team that can't buy a win Versus a League One outfit I am assured have a little form.

On the other hand support your team through thin and thinner and as a City fan that is what you do, what has changed?

Some might say nothing really, this is just the latest debacle. The point is this type of game people don't turn out in numbers for anyhow. So some people making public statements about it were probably not going anyway and now the instant excuse is there.

Either way, something has to change fast. LJ buys a win or SL buys a manager, that is obvious. A defeat against a League One team at home can arguably be the bench mark of progress that I have read a lot about or the spring board to a run of results. Lets hope we don't have much else!

Certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not going to the game - we all have other lives to lead and can't make every game for financial or many other reasons. But the problem I have with the OP is that he / she is saying we should boycott it specifically to show our displeasure with LJ, which:

A) will make neither hide nor hair to SL or MA's decision making regarding LJs future as I doubt they are expecting a bumper crowd anyway  

B) Won't make much tangible difference to the overall BCFC coffers

C) Will only go to show the team that we aren't behind them, not the manager (regardless of our collective thoughts on the manager as it stands) 

D) is futile as we all know no one would be boycotting if we were playing a top Prem team. 

E) is not what a supporter does when their team is in the Tom tit - the clue is in the name. 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not going to the game - we all have other lives to lead and can't make every game for financial or many other reasons. But the problem I have with the OP is that he / she is saying we should boycott it specifically to show our displeasure with LJ, which:

A) will make neither hide nor hair to SL or MA's decision making regarding LJs future as I doubt they are expecting a bumper crowd anyway  

B) Won't make much tangible difference to the overall BCFC coffers

C) Will only go to show the team that we aren't behind them, not the manager (regardless of our collective thoughts on the manager as it stands) 

D) is futile as we all know no one would be boycotting if we were playing a top Prem team. 

E) is not what a supporter does when their team is in the Tom tit - the clue is in the name. 

I agree. For a meaningful protest don't show up for Cardiff as the bloke said further up....City have many supporters who are not at games regularly they still buy the shirts the internet channel the memberships etc and many don't live in Bristol and wont be there Saturday. 

The supporters have of late in the ground been supportive to a very large extent and really the first real booing was first heard on Saturday and even that was muted. As a group of supporters I think there has been massive patience and if we win, there will be more, but LJ has to show us something soon obviously as this is depressing and we are now in a relegation battle, no matter what anyone says!

2 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Season Ticket, they'd count me as there regardless. The cup is the perfect opportunity for those inclined. 

Being a season ticket holder is precisely the point. 

Put your money where your mouth is and boycott that game if you feel that way inclined. 

Missing a game that costs extra, against a lower league team doesn't carry any weight whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, famouslastword said:

Can you guarantee a replacement will secure us safety? We all want the best for our club. What if we sack the manager and we end up paying his settlements fees and we still go down? none of us have a crystal ball... the only thing i know is that it is not healthy to constantly sack managers when things aren't going our way and eventually we will need to back someone. Between MA & LJ we do seem to have a direction of what we want to do and achieve. Yes atm this is not working but im one for backing a plan for the long term and seeing it through  rather than constantly chopping and changing. 

Nothing was ever built without stability... Man Utd and alex ferguson are the biggest highlight of this.... imagine where they would have been had they sacked him instead they back him and enjoyed huge success and now without him are struggling to make top 4. 

I can't remember Manchester United looking like they were going to be relegated to the third tier, under Fergie.

6 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

The strangest part of OTIB has always been the competition to be recognised as a 'real' or 'true' fan. It's not something that actually concerns most adults tbh. 

I just want the best for the club and at this stage that is to remain in this division under the stewardship of a manager who knows what they're doing.

I've chucked enough money away this season watching us struggle, a vote with the feet is a fine way to show displeasure - no in or out ground protests, no effecting the team on the day or calls for the managers head or booing during the 90 mins. It's imo the most appropriate sign of disapproval of the current manager. 

Do what you want.  Go to games and support or go to games and boo. Or don't go to games.  Whatever.

Just don't call for a boycott.

6 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

SL will not want to admit his failure of a choice is a failure so you need to hit the board where it hurts - money. I think we all know SL won't actually sack LJ until we continue this run into L1 next season. 

SL will not be able to ignore a low crowd, especially with prices as low as they are. It will be more of a statement against LJ than us actually losing, which isn't unlikely. 

Astonishing……..You have been wracking your brains, so as to come up with an idea on how the masses can come up with a means of showing their disapproval.  And that's it?  We just don't turn up?……. ..  .Banal in the extreme?

7 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

How long did it take you to come up with this idea brain box??

'hit SL where it hurts' if he cared about his money he wouldn't have invested in bcfc 20 plus years ago!! 

We would be a lot worse of without SL that is simple. He brings a lot more to this club than money,  stability for one!! And I commend him for sticking by LJ when the  majority want him sacked( not myself) , I just hope LJ re pays the faith with a turn around in form?

But fans like you Benjamin not so ultra only come out when things are bad !!  

Archived