IGNORED

Be honest...do you all know what a County is?

spudski

8 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Pedant alert, but they were more small statelets, rather than counties.

Great names though, along with Lindsey.

And surely everybody was delighted when the semi-mythical Rutlandshire made a reemergence twenty years ago.

And then you can drill down into Hundreds and, in the areas that were part of the Danelaw, Wapentakes. All organised for troop raising for the King's army, Wapentake = Weapon take.  My favourite is South Holland, the southern part of Lincolnshire, centre of the kingdom of Lindsey.

None of this actually matters or earns you any money and doesn't compare for excitement with spending hours on a PlayStation.  It is though, as the programme title puts it, quite interesting.

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Great names though, along with Lindsey.

And surely everybody was delighted when the semi-mythical Rutlandshire made a reemergence twenty years ago.

And then you can drill down into Hundreds and, in the areas that were part of the Danelaw, Wapentakes. All organised for troop raising for the King's army, Wapentake = Weapon take.  My favourite is South Holland, the southern part of Lincolnshire, centre of the kingdom of Lindsey.

None of this actually matters or earns you any money and doesn't compare for excitement with spending hours on a PlayStation.  It is though, as the programme title puts it, quite interesting.

I always liked Rutland Weekend Television.....

16 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

What is your name ?

What is your favourite colour ? 

In 1953 , What year was It ? 

In the 1972 Irish Sheepdog trials , How many were found guilty ? 

What is Queen Elizabeth's first name ? 

What colour is à Red door ? 

Who wrote Shakespeare's play Macbeth ? 

You missed out the question about 'The Badminton Horse Trials'....

Also,the Queen's first name is 'Edward........

14 hours ago, spudski said:

I actually bought a world map for my friends children...as when discussing places in the world I'd visited, they had no clue where they were.

I bet loads wont have a clue where on the planet our potential new Centre Forward is from...let alone Magners.

Who was the last Australian player to play for City??...was it Nick Carle??

Hope Djuric settles in as quickly.

15 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Lots of websites still seem to offer Avon. Madness!

I was just going to make the same point. Many drop down forms you have to select a county, and there is no option for Bristol. Sometimes it's Avon or you have to choose either Somerset or Gloucestershire. And we wonder why mail is delayed!

Archived