IGNORED

New Signings

allyolly

Agree Mike, but Hegelen was the stand out, an absolute class act for a debut. Looked too good for some around him. Djuric and Tammy need a lot of time together to gain the understanding.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Agree Mike, but Hegelen was the stand out, an absolute class act for a debut. Looked too good for some around him. Djuric and Tammy need a lot of time together to gain the understanding.

Djuric needs to work with Wilbs on how to get in front of defenders and hold them off but I liked his movement. Hegeler class act. Wright some dodgy moments in the first half with Cole but can tell he's composed and comfortable defender. Looked solid all of them. 

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Good to hear all 3 look decent. My big concern in general though is that the 3 new signings are all centre (spine)  of the pitch players, when in fact I think we are desperately crying out for at least one new wide man.

Definitely agree but wonder if we'll need to move players on first...

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Definitely agree but wonder if we'll need to move players on first...

LJ just said on RB that the squad is looking a bit top heavy now but we are still looking and don't have to sell anyone in order to bring new faces in .

Which means ,if you want Freeman ,make us an offer we can't refuse or walk away QPR !

29 minutes ago, Olé said:

I thought hegelen was top notch today,confident with the ball at his feet all around the pitch but listening to the people around me I thought  I was in a minority. They seem to think making space for yourself and wanting the ball and having the ability to sniff out danger is a piece of cake

I don't see the purpose in bringing in players no better than those currently at the club.

For as outstanding Hegelar,Wright for me was massively underwhelming-lacking pace,positional sense and for sure not a natural athlete.unimpressed big time.not a signing to be made if you have ambitions above the Championship.

Makes Tomlin look like slimmer of the year and imo carrying too much timber.

Yep, Hegelar for me as well. He looked very stylish throughout. Duric - not bad but thought he was trying just a little too hard. He's certainly a big bugger tho.

Wright looked fine and you wouldn't have known it was his City debut. He fitted in well I thought.

8 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

I don't see the purpose in bringing in players no better than those currently at the club.

For as outstanding Hegelar,Wright for me was massively underwhelming-lacking pace,positional sense and for sure not a natural athlete.unimpressed big time.not a signing to be made if you have ambitions above the Championship.

Well sounds like we need to get the useless lump out on loan as soon as poss!!!

9 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Give em a flippin chance......only just signed them and that's one game with them playing with players who they don't know.

Give it some training sessions and games and we may see their true worth.

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Give em a flippin chance......only just signed them and that's one game with them playing with players who they don't know.

Give it some training sessions and games and we may see their true worth.

No way would you play this guy over magners.....Ever.

Was skinned far too easily, clearly lacks pace,everything sideways or back.does not improve us being the salient point..

26 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Still couldn't beat fleetwood. Decent squad now, terrible clueless manager.

You you are such an idiot.  Have you ever said anything constructive or is 'he's terrible' and 'clueless' all you have?  I bet you're going to be gutted when we win again.  One of the best things about our winning run earlier in the season was that you and your stupid posts disappeared.

18 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

He was signed Thursday so had max 2 training sessions......FFS give him a chance.

As for carrying timber.....maybe a trip to the opticians is due

IMG_2866.JPG

10 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

He was signed Thursday so had max 2 training sessions......FFS give him a chance.

IMG_2866.JPG

Unless you look at the other chunker in red to which timber carrying is well substantiated!

30 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

IMG_2866.JPG

Last time I saw a rear end like that the queen was smashing a bottle of champagne over it...For me he sits too low in the water.

47 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I thought hegelen was top notch today,confident with the ball at his feet all around the pitch but listening to the people around me I thought  I was in a minority. They seem to think making space for yourself and wanting the ball and having the ability to sniff out danger is a piece of cake

Teeeted 20man that Jens Hegeler is Rolls Royce and LJ says the same on BBCRB.  He does look very elegant, and has that change of pace to either get him forward or to get back.  Made a fantastic telescopic leg tackle in second half, albeit after he gave the ball away (only time I recall).

Bailey Wright gave us a physical presence that we've missed.  He doesn't look blessed with pace, but comfy on the ball and knows his limits.  Got caught out by Cole on one occasion, but no player is faultless.

Djuruc - probably a frustrating afternoon for him.  I know it's easy to say we need wingers if we are playing 2 up top, but I think today showed that he needs balls in from wide, not straight chips down the pitch.  Looks like he favours his left foot and has decent touch and good awareness, but never got great service today.

31 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Hegeler has to play centre mid,he's wasted at the back. Surprised we played 3 at the back.

Also. I love players like Tomlin but he was a absolute liability today, he was carried all game , slowed the game down to much. Unless he can move the ball faster and put a shift in he'd never start for me.

Frustrated the hell out of me today.  We set up the team for him today, and of course he had some good moments, but sometimes he needs to suck his marker in tight and move it on.  Too often he wanted to spin his man, who was clever enough to think that if he didn't dive in, Lee is never gonna run away from him.  Lee tried to many flicky passes today.  The one to Brownhill late on just wasn't needed, meaning Josh had to check his stride to get a bouncing ball under control, when he could've been away.  In Tomlin's defence, Korey and Josh were far too deep today in the first half meaning Lee was couldn't play like a standard number 10.  I'm not a critic of his fitness, but today he was blowing because playing two up top, means he has to do a lot more doggies.  The 3412 on paper looked perfect, but a combination of our 2 central midfielders playing deep meant it didn't really work in terms of being able to play a higher tempo game and get at Fleetwood.

Fleetwood are a bit boring to watch if they set up like that every week, but maybe they paid us too much respect!

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Hegeler also made an outstanding tackle with his weaker foot, chasing back, but with his range of passing and movement was wasted in the RCB role in a 3-5-2. I'd prefer him to play at the base of a diamond midfield, that would hopefully enable Tomlin to operate behind the front two. 

I dont get the stick Tomlin gets. Yes sometimes what he does doesn't come off but he is the only player who can beat a man, the only one who looked likely to score a goal and this criticism of his work rate bugs me. I saw him get back. He collected the ball a lot in our half. Those that criticise obviously don't remember JETS work rate. Lets not drive out one of the most talented players we have ever had.

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Teeeted 20man that Jens Hegeler is Rolls Royce and LJ says the same on BBCRB.  He does look very elegant, and has that change of pace to either get him forward or to get back.  Made a fantastic telescopic leg tackle in second half, albeit after he gave the ball away (only time I recall).

Bailey Wright gave us a physical presence that we've missed.  He doesn't look blessed with pace, but comfy on the ball and knows his limits.  Got caught out by Cole on one occasion, but no player is faultless.

Djuruc - probably a frustrating afternoon for him.  I know it's easy to say we need wingers if we are playing 2 up top, but I think today showed that he needs balls in from wide, not straight chips down the pitch.  Looks like he favours his left foot and has decent touch and good awareness, but never got great service today.

Frustrated the hell out of me today.  We set up the team for him today, and of course he had some good moments, but sometimes he needs to suck his marker in tight and move it on.  Too often he wanted to spin his man, who was clever enough to think that if he didn't dive in, Lee is never gonna run away from him.  Lee tried to many flicky passes today.  The one to Brownhill late on just wasn't needed, meaning Josh had to check his stride to get a bouncing ball under control, when he could've been away.  In Tomlin's defence, Korey and Josh were far too deep today in the first half meaning Lee was couldn't play like a standard number 10.  I'm not a critic of his fitness, but today he was blowing because playing two up top, means he has to do a lot more doggies.  The 3412 on paper looked perfect, but a combination of our 2 central midfielders playing deep meant it didn't really work in terms of being able to play a higher tempo game and get at Fleetwood.

Fleetwood are a bit boring to watch if they set up like that every week, but maybe they paid us too much respect!

It is going to be hard for djuruc for the reasons you put,as for fleetwood being boring I think it's a bit harsh,granted they were not great but they came to do a job and passed with flying colours  

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Hegeler has to play centre mid,he's wasted at the back. Surprised we played 3 at the back.

Not so sure. He needs to be influential but he is a massive asset playing the ball out from CB, as far as he can go comfortably on the ball, it allows us to shift the whole pitch if everyone pushes up - something LJ has not done all season with his tactics. Hegelen is my new favourite player just because he eschews everything LJ appears to instruct the rest of the players to do.

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Not so sure. He needs to be influential but he is a massive asset playing the ball out from CB, as far as he can go comfortably on the ball, it allows us to shift the whole pitch if everyone pushes up - something LJ has not done all season with his tactics. Hegelen is my new favourite player just because he eschews everything LJ appears to instruct the rest of the players to do.

Fair enough ,i just think he can completely run the game from midfield and instead of tomlin dropping deep to  try to play people in , i think Jens can really dictate play and tempo from there.

Archived