IGNORED

Six words for LJ

Portland Bill

13 minutes ago, Neo said:

Stop criticising players on the radio

Thats my 6 !

I fail to understand why week after week, radio Bristol ring the same people or the same people phone in to just churn out the exact same words. It's boring. 

I'd love them just for once to refuse to speak to the usual suspects. The only one who ever makes any sense is the young kiddy who's a g*shead. At least he doesn't read from the same script over and over. 

*shudders at having to say something positive about the g*s* 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I fail to understand why week after week, radio Bristol ring the same people or the same people phone in to just churn out the exact same words. It's boring. 

I'd love them just for once to refuse to speak to the usual suspects. The only one who ever makes any sense is the young kiddy who's a g*shead. At least he doesn't read from the same script over and over. 

*shudders at having to say something positive about the g*s* 

Too true, Mark, Mike etc...Yawn

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Playing 3 at the back and we still had no width... no crosses... really really disapointing today.

Bryan and Little were like statues today...in fact I've never seen us with so much width. Both were attached to the touchline...regardless of where the ball was.

Totally ineffective.

Both had very little movement...unless the ball was actually passed to them, then they'd try to take on their man.

Both created no angle for the defenders to pass too. Never came inside once to create the angle...just stood static and parallel to the touchline. Awful.

I understand why they were doing it...to draw the fullbacks out wide and create space down the middle.

However to do this, you still have to be mobile and move off the ball.

When we were offensive, it was like playing with 9 men...they offered nothing.

The play was so slow...LJ and Pembo were ranting at Korey to play the ball quicker.

Tomlin was ranting to LJ about Bryan not moving and creating angles...Bryan just laughed.

Often we had Little, Tammy, Tomlin, Duric and Bryan strung out in a line across the total width of the pitch, static, just waiting for a pass to come to them.

The ball got played across the back 3, and their only option of a pass was to either Brownhill or Smith/Pack. Tomlin would drop to make another option, but often we were spread too thinly in a straight line.

Really poor stuff from Bryan and Little today.

What a great player Hegeler looks though.

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

I've got four: Move the ball quicker.

1,000% this.

Where has the fast, direct City of the early season gone?  :gaah:

Sadly, for Johnson, the fact we won possession by 2 to 1 doesn't mean 3 points.

Fleetwood were a well-drilled side who tracked back well - as you'd expect from a Uwe Rosler outfit. If we take five passes every time we move the ball a yard forward then of course there will be maximum blue shirts in the way when we actually get within range.  Several times shots on target were blocked or charged down because we'd been soooo slow in our build up play every player upfield was double marked.

To cut them some slack, there were people unfamiliar with their team mates and others coming back after a while away, but this creeping slowness has been blighting our season for ages.

LJ and Pembo were ranting at Korey and other players to pass the ball quicker...I was sat right next to the dug out today and listened to pretty much every word they were saying.

Both were unhappy with how laboured our approach play was.

Then when driving home, I heard LJ talk about the same thing in his radio interview. That we didn't pass quickly enough.

The reason for this imo, and it's been like it for weeks, is the lack of options to make a pass too.

We are so static in midfield...especially wide...Bryan and Little had bloody rigamortice when not with the ball.

We don't create angles or a pass for our defenders or DM's...then Tomlin drops deep to rectify the situation.

Hegeler...was often looking at Little to make a move, but had to check or make space himself.

Duric also came for the ball on occasion which was good to see.

Archived