IGNORED

Six words for LJ

Portland Bill

23 minutes ago, adamski said:

Too true, Mark, Mike etc...Yawn

Ring in yourself then - and you Marie - if you have something more interesting to say.

Ian and Mark, & Steve who RB do call every week are good summarisers for City. They certainly sum up games better than the awful RB commentators. RB only put them on because no one else calls - or because others call in and can't string a sentence together.

I'll listen out for you next week.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I fail to understand why week after week, radio Bristol ring the same people or the same people phone in to just churn out the exact same words. It's boring. 

I'd love them just for once to refuse to speak to the usual suspects. The only one who ever makes any sense is the young kiddy who's a g*shead. At least he doesn't read from the same script over and over. 

*shudders at having to say something positive about the g*s* 

What some people fail to understand is that we phone Radio Bristol and they call us back. If people disagree with my constructive opinions and those of any others, then they are very welcome to call in. 

Thank you for listening.

Mark Tovey

10 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

What some people fail to understand is that we phone Radio Bristol and they call us back. If people disagree with my constructive opinions and those of any others, then they are very welcome to call in. 

Thank you for listening.

Mark Tovey

But it's the same negativity, the same commends repeated every week is the point I'm trying to make. You could say no when they call you? Sometimes it might be better saying nothing if you can't say anything nice. (I am aware of the irony of this post) The team do not need people bashing them at every opportunity. It's like a chunk of our fans like it when we aren't doing wel, so they can jump about going "I told you so!" It's not just you Mark, Ian does it as well. Very quick to jump on the teams heads, not so quick to try and sit back and look at the bigger picture of what the club are trying to do. As I said in the Mark Ashton thread, no one is happy with our current form, myself included, but it's coming I'm sure of it. Today for example, we didn't conceed, and kept a clean sheet, but no, everyone wants to jump on the negatives.

And no I don't want to ring into the station myself because it's just not my cup of tea, I don't need the airtime, nor do I want it. I get enough stick in other places as it is. And yes I could turn it off, it's habit I guess, but I just think some others need to get out of the habits they're in as well. 

25 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

But it's the same negativity, the same commends repeated every week is the point I'm trying to make. You could say no when they call you? Sometimes it might be better saying nothing if you can't say anything nice. (I am aware of the irony of this post) The team do not need people bashing them at every opportunity. It's like a chunk of our fans like it when we aren't doing wel, so they can jump about going "I told you so!" 

It's a real shame that when a poster talks so passionately in defence of their team in order to criticise the comments of others, they overlook the many positive laden match summaries provided by them this season, prior to the Reading game.

54 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Thank you for listening.

Mark Tovey

Listened to what you said and agreed with every word.

As for claims by poster on here its the players fault, not doing what the manager tells them, what rubbish. Anyone watching LJ and Rossler today, as I did, would have seen a difference of massive proportions.

The managers job is to get his points across so clearly our manager is incapable of doing that.

3 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Can only think of 5 words after that shocking performance. 

When will you fxxx off. 

I think it would be better if you fu**ed off to be honest. The club would be much better if people like you were not around.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

LJ and Pembo were ranting at Korey and other players to pass the ball quicker...I was sat right next to the dug out today and listened to pretty much every word they were saying.

Both were unhappy with how laboured our approach play was.

Then when driving home, I heard LJ talk about the same thing in his radio interview. That we didn't pass quickly enough.

The reason for this imo, and it's been like it for weeks, is the lack of options to make a pass too.

We are so static in midfield...especially wide...Bryan and Little had bloody rigamortice when not with the ball.

We don't create angles or a pass for our defenders or DM's...then Tomlin drops deep to rectify the situation.

Hegeler...was often looking at Little to make a move, but had to check or make space himself.

Duric also came for the ball on occasion which was good to see.

If you are correct with your recent points about tactics Spud (I couldn't be there today) then you have to start asking serious questions as it's points we've discussed going back weeks and weeks , laboured passing , no movement etc

then I'm afraid that can only be a result of poor coaching / instructions, and the players not understanding

or

the players choosing to ignore his instructions and do their own thing

Insimple terms Lee - Its not working and the players are either not getting it or not having it 

Sort it Out !!!!!!!! :grr:

Either is a concern

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you are correct with your recent points about tactics Spud (I couldn't be there today) then you have to start asking serious questions as it's points we've discussed going back weeks and weeks , laboured passing , no movement

then I'm afraid that can only be a result of poor coaching / instructions, and the players not understanding

or

the players choosing to ignore his instructions and do their own thing

Either is a concern

Agreed it's a concern mate...and I believe LJ realises this, hence making new signings.

I really do believe some of our players know they aren't good enough at this level.

LJ has given them this season and last to prove themselves, and some of them are on borrowed time.

I think he and they know it.

We are talking real basics here mate...it wasn't rocket science what they were being asked to do. Some of the Fleetwood players made the one's i'm thinking of look very average.

You would have been pleased with all the new signings today. All a big improvement.

By the Summer...the majority of our promotion winning players will be gone...bar a few, like Bryan and Reid.

Why does Korey psss it behind Bailey Wright?  Flint to Hegeler in the first half was in front of him and he strode onto it with purpose.  Less so second half.  Hegeler in fact got into two good shooting positions today, one just wide, the other tackled as he was taking his leg back.  I used to like Ayling striding forward, but it was a little frantic.  Hegeler - as smooth as a cashmere codpiece (Blackadder).

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Agreed it's a concern mate...and I believe LJ realises this, hence making new signings.

I really do believe some of our players know they aren't good enough at this level.

LJ has given them this season and last to prove themselves, and some of them are on borrowed time.

We are talking real basics here mate...it wasn't rocket science what they were being asked to do. Some of the Fleetwood players made the one's i'm thinking of look very average.

You would have been pleased with all the new signings today. All a big improvement.

By the Summer...the majority of our promotion winning players will be gone...bar a few, like Bryan and Reid.

He seriously needs to up his game, maybe 2-3 matches he's looked good this season, but in general he has been very poor - almost to the point of disinterested.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I fail to understand why week after week, radio Bristol ring the same people or the same people phone in to just churn out the exact same words. It's boring. 

Couldn't agree more Marie...Geoff's programme has, sadly, become a parody of itself...the same show for a decade...with the same contributors. But it's not their fault, Geoff does nothing to make the show more inclusive. And the "journalism" is of the "is there anything else you'd like to tell us..." variety. Lame in the extreme. This evening I listened to the longest conceivable interviews with Mark Tainton and that gas lad who scored four...they went on so long the interviewees were bored, there's simply no editorial line in the programme at all, no challenge, no hard questions, no invitation for anything new. And in that context the same callers every week is easy, fills the air time. To get new callers you'd have to out some effort in. The show has become cosy...and dull. 

Always worth listening to local radio after away matches...shows like "Praise or Grumble" on Radio Sheffield, couldn't be more different, loads of callers, fast-paced, controversial, challenging...a world away from what Radio Bristol offer us...

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

He seriously needs to up his game, maybe 2-3 matches he's looked good this season, but in general he has been very poor - almost to the point of disinterested.

I've noticed how many times Tomlin has been screaming at Bryan this season...many times...he did it again today, and even came over to the bench to complain about him. He took no prisoners.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Couldn't agree more Marie...Geoff's programme has, sadly, become a parody of itself...the same show for a decade...with the same contributors. But it's not their fault, Geoff does nothing to make the show more inclusive. And the "journalism" is of the "is there anything else you'd like to tell us..." variety. Lame in the extreme. This evening I listened to the longest conceivable interviews with Mark Tainton and that gas lad who scored four...they went on so long the interviewees were bored, there's simply no editorial line in the programme at all, no challenge, no hard questions, no invitation for anything new. And in that context the same callers every week is easy, fills the air time. To get new callers you'd have to out some effort in. The show has become cosy...and dull. 

Always worth listening to local radio after away matches...shows like "Praise or Grumble" on Radio Sheffield, couldn't be more different, loads of callers, fast-paced, controversial, challenging...a world away from what Radio Bristol offer us...

It reflects the apathy of Bristol...very nice...lets not upset anyone, type of feeling.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Ta Spud - good to hear the new signings were decent

Coming back to the main point - leaving aside as to whether they are good enough - are we really claiming that Pros at this level can't do pass and move ?

Not sure about that Spud

Have to say Im much more inclined to go with they are confused , and don't believe in the pattern of play , made worse by constant change of positions and personnel

interesting to hear people's reviews of today

All good mate ;)

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

It reflects the apathy of Bristol...very nice...lets not upset anyone, type of feeling.

I've spent a working lifetime in broadcasting...that show is in danger of losing its dignity!...shockingly complacent, lazy, needs ripping apart and starting again...

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ta Spud - good to hear the new signings were decent

Coming back to the main point - leaving aside as to whether they are good enough - are we really claiming that Pros at this level can't do pass and move ?

Not sure about that Spud

Have to say Im much more inclined to go with they are confused , and don't believe in the pattern of play , made worse by constant change of positions and personnel

interesting to hear people's reviews of today

All good mate ;)

I believe Bryan has been over used in many positions because he's so versatile...and has often covered for people either not in form or injured. It's probably not helped him as someone else just said.

However...I've watched him closely this season...his positioning has been very inconsistent all season.

I really don't think we have players not believing in the 'system'...more so frustrated with performances etc.

34 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

The problem is they have the same guys as they are the only ones that want to speak on the radio. Think they do need a bit of a format change to freshen things up but those who go to games need to partake. The show is arguably a reflection of the listeners and callers. 

I have been on the show many times, but I really can't bring myself to say anything positive right now so I don't call. Today was a reflection of the fact the sags did well and are going well but also a reflection on what it's like at City too. 

Its easy to criticize the callers and the show but if you offer nothing yourself you are part of the problem. 

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

I believe Bryan has been over used in many positions because he's so versatile...and has often covered for people either not in form or injured. It's probably not helped him as someone else just said.

However...I've watched him closely this season...his positioning has been very inconsistent all season.

I really don't think we have players not believing in the 'system'...more so frustrated with performances etc.

IMHO a mix of disbelievers and frustrated players Spud

I.e. Some disbelievers and others (TA the most obvious , who are getting their heads down , trying to follow instructions (Whether they fully believe in it or not) but frustrated at their own and team performances and/or results

As a side note I can't like the lad and footballer that is Tammy , enough - The way he speaks in interviews and his open passion playing for us , his Loan Club is IMHO,  Simply Unbelievable - What a fantastic attitude this lad has

Alongside AF appears to care as much as anyone

Think many on here would be proud as **** to have him as their son ,(Tho I guess most of us would a word with the other half , before anyone says it ! ;))  not only for his footballing ability , but for his maturity and the way he conducts himself

His family must be, rightly so proud of him

Lad deserves a fantastic career

Top Lad , correction Man Tammy :clapping:

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The problem is they have the same guys as they are the only ones that want to speak on the radio. Think they do need a bit of a format change to freshen things up but those who go to games need to partake. The show is arguably a reflection of the listeners and callers. 

I have been on the show many times, but I really can't bring myself to say anything positive right now so I don't call. Today was a reflection of the fact the sags did well and are going well but also a reflection on what it's like at City too. 

Its easy to criticize the callers and the show but if you offer nothing yourself you are part of the problem. 

A few times Geof has send we have many callers, sadly can't get to you all - maybe there is a screening process and the show's producers are "nope, can't put this guys on air he's awful" but just say.. thanks for calling we have your details, will call back if we have a slot... 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

A few times Geof has send we have many callers, sadly can't get to you all - maybe there is a screening process and the show's producers are "nope, can't put this guys on air he's awful" but just say.. thanks for calling we have your details, will call back if we have a slot... 

This is the best way to get on the show. At about 1:20 they do something called the team sheet. You basically guess the name of someone famous from clues they give. Call in with the answer and tell them you are prepared to be interviewed after and there is a good chance they will call you or they will invite you to call  

It will mean listening to the show and not be in the pub before 1:40. And be available from 5  Also if you do get on sound lucid and don't get stage fright. The four chaps they talk to regularly pass those tests nicely and no matter what anyone says are fine and ordinarily have a fair view. The fact that they are saying similar things mainly negatively is because that is what is in front of them and they are just reflecting the garbage that is being served up!

Archived