IGNORED

Bristol FC

freezer

I've noticed that around the ground that numerous signs are advertising events, matches, hospitality etc. for Bristol FC. 

I assume that Bristol FC is the new, corporate version of my beloved Bristol City Football Club, or BCFC as commonly known.

A bit confusing really as I wasn't quite sure what if existing tattoos needed amending or future one's needed to be inked in the new style.

Also, do chants need to be altered/adapted to suit if Bristol FC is our new name?

For example, it's been quite a while - for obvious reasons - but do we now have to sing (that totally b#ll#cks song) - ' And it's Bristol FC, Bristol FC, FC.....Their by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen?

Apologies if this has been raised before. I don't post/look as much as I used to but rather concerned that my Bristol City Football Club has morphed into something else.

8 minutes ago, freezer said:

I've noticed that around the ground that numerous signs are advertising events, matches, hospitality etc. for Bristol FC. 

I assume that Bristol FC is the new, corporate version of my beloved Bristol City Football Club, or BCFC as commonly known.

A bit confusing really as I wasn't quite sure what if existing tattoos needed amending or future one's needed to be inked in the new style.

Also, do chants need to be altered/adapted to suit if Bristol FC is our new name?

For example, it's been quite a while - for obvious reasons - but do we now have to sing (that totally b#ll#cks song) - ' And it's Bristol FC, Bristol FC, FC.....Their by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen?

Apologies if this has been raised before. I don't post/look as much as I used to but rather concerned that my Bristol City Football Club has morphed into something else.

Well I was lucky enough to get down the gate for the Reading game. (some might say)

I did notice everything has changed in the 8 months since id been over.

Everyone seemed to consider there self as BRISTOL SPORT, at 2/0 up most people near me were really up about the result at Sale.

There was a distinct lack of kids donned in red and white, and nobody seemed disappointed at the Bristol outcome against Reading.

Don't worry Freezer, there are enough people that would never let the CITY DIE.

45 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Slowly but surely the heart of this club of which I dearly love is being ripped out by Bristol ******* Sport.

It's not the club I grew up adoring.

Sad sad days.

Completely agree, I am also praying for some nice man from a far far land with huge knowledge of English football to come an save us...  Leeds, Cardiff, Coventry, Birmingham fans must be laughing at us... :thumbsup:

Only on OTIB.  I really do wonder some times... :grr:

1 hour ago, freezer said:

If "Bristol FC" really was "around the ground" I think it might have been picked up on before. Given the all of the marketing refers to "City" or "BCFC", such as the Twitter address for example, I am frankly struggling to believe this.

Even that evil enterprise Bristol Sport's website refers to "City" as short hand for the football team, as this example shows.

So you really need to back up this claim because at the moment it sounds like nonsense.

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If "Bristol FC" really was "around the ground" I think it might have been picked up on before. Given the all of the marketing refers to "City" or "BCFC", such as the Twitter address for example, I am frankly struggling to believe this.

Even that evil enterprise Bristol Sport website refers to "City" as short hand for he football team, as this example shows.

So you really need to back up this claim because at the moment it sounds like nonsense.

image.jpg

Yeah but **** me why let the truth get in the of a City fan having a moan?  Are you trying to change a way of life?

46 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

There was a distinct lack of kids donned in red and white, and nobody seemed disappointed at the Bristol outcome against Reading.

Don't worry Freezer, there are enough people that would never let the CITY DIE.

Ooooh, the irony of your last two paragraphs 

:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Even that evil enterprise Bristol Sport's website refers to "City" as short hand for the football team, as this example shows.

image.jpg

OK, point taken. I'm not great with modern technology but will photo any examples I see next Saturday and get my son's to advise me how to 'upload' on here.

I can assure everyone, I'm not sh+t stirring. Just concerned. Perhaps an individual's mistake.

It's not just the identity of our fine football club I worry about. I was talking to some fans of the Bristol Jets badminton team. Bloody seething they were. One day minding their own business getting by happily then along comes some bloke with a big cheque book and shallows them under the Bristol Sport empire.

Identity ripped right out. A crying shame. Months of proud history erased overnight. Farce.

1 hour ago, freezer said:

5 minutes ago, freezer said:

Perhaps an individual's mistake.

So, in less than an hour, we've gone from a total whitewash of the name "city" throughout the ground to a potential typo on a blackboard by some lacky in the sports bar 

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

Slowly but surely the heart of this club of which I dearly love is being ripped out by Bristol ******* Sport.

It's not the club I grew up adoring.

Sad sad days.

Such nonsense. Said it before, I'll say it again: -

Still called Ashton Gate.

Still wear red.

Still called Bristol City FC.

Still got the same crest which still says Bristol City.

Still got red seats, despite having recently had he opportunity to change that.

Still got a programme called "Well Red"

Still got the robin mascot.

Still got a stand called Atyeo.

Still got a stand called Dolman.

Still have BCFC.co.uk

Now also have "Marina Dolman Way".

Now also have an Atyeo statue.

Now also have a concourse emblazoned with banners and various nods to our history and greatest players.

Absolutely no suggestion of changing any of the above.

Yes, there are some Bristol Sport logos around. But if you go to Old Trafford you'll see plenty of Nike logos, if you go to Chelsea you'll see plenty of Adidas logos and if you go to White Hart Lane you'll see plenty of Under Armour logos. Can't see much difference. And I don't think one stand out of four with a few rugby banners up really consititutes "ripping the heart out of the club".

Not exactly a Vincent Tan situation is it.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Still wear red.

Still have BCFC.co.uk

Now also have a concourse emblazoned with banners and various nods to our history and greatest players.

Yes, there are some Bristol Sport logos around. But if you go to Old Trafford you'll see plenty of Nike logos, if you go to Chelsea you'll see plenty of Adidas logos and if you go to White Hart Lane you'll see plenty of Under Armour logos. Can't see much difference. And I don't think one stand out of four with a few rugby banners up really consititutes "ripping the heart out of the club".

Some posts need more than one like this so I like this again xx

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Still wear red.

Still have BCFC.co.uk

Yes, but apart from that...What has Steve Lansdown ever done for us?

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Still wear red.

Still have BCFC.co.uk

And owned by....

6 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Sorry, you need to pull your head out of the sand.

BS is a crock of crap, tacky and pointless.

I don't see amy other club doing it.

Talkiing of tacky, The letters spelt just BRISTOL in the Dolman stand really does just tippify the cringworthy atrocity that is BS.

Nothing you have said here has made anything I've said any less true. And I'm pretty sure Steve Lansdown didn't become a billionaire just by doing the same thing as everyone else. But I can't be bothered to argue any further with such an obviously closed mind.

10 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Sorry, you need to pull your head out of the sand.

BS is a crock of crap, tacky and pointless.

I don't see amy other club doing it.

Talkiing of tacky, The letters spelt just BRISTOL in the Dolman stand really does just tippify the cringworthy atrocity that is BS.

Completely ignoring the BRISTOL CITY in the Atyeo.

talking out your arse mate

22 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So, in less than an hour, we've gone from a total whitewash of the name "city" throughout the ground to a potential typo on a blackboard by some lacky in the sports bar 

OK, you got me. I admit it. I saw Bristol FC advertised in The Sports Bar. I presumed that it was the same elsewhere, apologies. I shall see if the same is in place on Saturday.

Archived