IGNORED

Bristol FC

freezer

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Don't get him started on the bog roll!

Life is about opinions. Don't forget that  there is genuine difference of opinion on otib about Bristol Sport and about future structure  for City.  

This is an important debate.

incidentally, personal abuse is never an answer to forthright debate, nor is choosing only some of a person's threads to criticise everything contributed on otib.

I respect the opinions of those who disagree with me and others about BS, and I hope they will reciprocate.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 21:32, ChippenhamRed said:

If "Bristol FC" really was "around the ground" I think it might have been picked up on before. Given the all of the marketing refers to "City" or "BCFC", such as the Twitter address for example, I am frankly struggling to believe this.

Even that evil enterprise Bristol Sport's website refers to "City" as short hand for the football team, as this example shows.

So you really need to back up this claim because at the moment it sounds like nonsense.

image.jpg

look just above the Bristol Sport logo.....................

16 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

What some appear to be missing is what happens to The City, with no ground, when the owner goes, as all owners do.  Who else would want to buy into the Barcelona model ?

Some of us are of the opinion that the Bristol Sport model will not in the long term (and none of us know what that means) either survive or prove beneficial for City 

we haven't owned the ground since for a long time now its run by another company, like numerous other clubs, its like that to protect the asset in case we went into administration, it means the ground can't be sold off to pay the bill, a hell of alot of other teams do this, Southampton springs to mind

37 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we haven't owned the ground since for a long time now its run by another company, like numerous other clubs, its like that to protect the asset in case we went into administration, it means the ground can't be sold off to pay the bill, a hell of alot of other teams do this, Southampton springs to mind

Sorry, I didn't obviously make my point clear enough.

If BS is broken up into different ownerships then we are stuffed, i.e. If a new buyer and owner of say the Rugby club also owns the ground. Of course if a new buyer owns City and ground, or if ground is owned by some one quite separate from other parts of BS then there may be less of a problem.

I am just not happy with the BS concept, and I am not alone.  It is overwhelmingly in my opinion a financial and not a sporting model

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Life is about opinions. Don't forget that  there is genuine difference of opinion on otib about Bristol Sport and about future structure  for City.  

This is an important debate.

incidentally, personal abuse is never an answer to forthright debate, nor is choosing only some of a person's threads to criticise everything contributed on otib.

I respect the opinions of those who disagree with me and others about BS, and I hope they will reciprocate.

My response was to your posts IG no you personally.

It's the time to stick together on this bad run, and we could be a whole lot worse off than were are with our current board and management team in my humble opinion.

But bad runs will always bring an excess of negative views...and I do understand that.

Keep believing!!

52 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Been said many times, The rugby/ Football club and the ground are owned  By separate holding companies all of which are owned by Steve Lansdown so it in effect is one and the same. The reason I believe is to protect each one in its own right.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

In the case of Southampton that is incorrect. St Marys was sold to Markus Liebherr to pay off debts. He bought all of the assets associated with Southampton FC.

39 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Sorry, I didn't obviously make my point clear enough.

If BS is broken up into different ownerships then we are stuffed, i.e. If a new buyer and owner of say the Rugby club also owns the ground. Of course if a new buyer owns City and ground, or if ground is owned by some one quite separate from other parts of BS then there may be less of a problem.

I am just not happy with the BS concept, and I am not alone.  It is overwhelmingly in my opinion a financial and not a sporting model

its been like since long before Bristol Sport though, if bristol sport breaks up then we have got far bigger worries then Ashton Gate,

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its been like since long before Bristol Sport though, if bristol sport breaks up then we have got far bigger worries then Ashton Gate,

Could you explain why??  Why does Bristol Sport in any way put the safety of the FC at risk? 

In another post you are indicating Ashton Gate being under the ownership of Bristol City holdings (96%? owned by Steve Lansdown) is a form of safety for the club. 

On 07/01/2017 at 20:33, Bullbag said:

Slowly but surely the heart of this club of which I dearly love is being ripped out by Bristol ******* Sport.

It's not the club I grew up adoring.

Sad sad days.

Dear Bullbag,

I agree. It's not the club I grew up with either. And I feel sad about this, too. But then, nothing is the ........ (you name it) you or I or we grew up with.

You are not the Bullbag you grew up with.

Your missus is not the Mrs. Bullbag you grew up with.

Your kids are not the little Bullbags they were when they were little.

Your parents are not the ones you grew up with.

Bristol is not the Bristol we grew up with.

Bristol rugby club is not the rugby club it was.

Broadmead has changed. Bedminster has changed. BS3 has changed.

Everything changes. Everything except possibly Bristol Rovers (there's always an exception), who remain the vile, bitter, lying, thieving, opportunistic, parasitic, mediocre embarrassment that we grew up detesting. But that's another story.

No, what I believe you are experiencing - something we all experience - is the pain of resistance to change, and the feelings of loss and sadness from this, and our powerlessness in the face of it. The Buddhists have some interesting ideas about this.

Everything changes, you see. Even Bristol City. Everything in the universe changes. We want certain things - our youth/days of few responsibilities/smooth skin/slim waistlines/ability to maintain erections/our football clubs from when our skin was smooth/waistlines slim/erections frequent and unbending - we hold dear to stay the same. But the universe shows us that nothing (with the possible exception of Bristol Rovers FC) stays the same. And as we resist this undeniable, inevitable truth, we experience great pain and suffering.

Bristol City is no different. It will always change. In 40 years time, it will not be the club young fans today are growing up with. 

Go easy on Steve Lansdown. He is not responsible for all-seater stadiums, executive boxes, grotesquely high wages, toilets with no rain falling into them. He can only operate in the world of football as it is; he cannot run Bristol City as though football is the game we grew up adoring, the game of our youth. 

You are not alone Bullbag, we all suffer to a greater or lesser degree with resistance to change and the sadness of loss. Don't blame your club or its current owner for this universal truth. 

Cheers,

Jack.

PS. It's either all that, or like me you're ****ed off with losing every week, and a home win Saturday will help enormously. 

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:28, Selred said:

Barcelona do it..... but what have they ever achieved?

Barcelona have not created a new business concept to create a separate brand. The identity is shared. Football maroon and blue, basketball maroon and blue , hockey maroon and blue, rugby maroon and ...

And at the top is the football club.  

18 hours ago, 29AR said:

You say 'proud bristolian' and not proud of any other minority Bristol sports team in the same sentence. Is the irony lost? If you're a proud Bristolian you are proud of that which reflects our city - minority and all, no? Maybe you should consider whether you are simply a proud BCFC fan? 

My take is I am a proud BCFC fan with a little better than fleeting interest in rugby but no desire not to see them do well. Do I want to share a bed with them, well why do I not want to? What do they encroach upon at our stadium? How is it any worse for us? Why can't we share a ground we use 17 odd Saturdays and 6 odd Tuesdays... or should this magnificent facility go to waste so we can have some partisan segregation? 

Id like to see something really forethinking... why couldn't we have stands with different names for football and rugby. Why not have plastic and interchangeable markings or electronic markings which are amendable with a button click like a scoreboard? Why couldn't we sit in a stand named after a football legend on Saturday and a rugby legend on Sunday? In this day and age, there is no reason.  

Sorry, Rugby want to ground share. Crack on lads. Want to have a stand named after you, well why not on your own matchdays, crack on, we want it back on ours. Let us not forget the stadium is our asset, not yours to lose by mismanagement or misappropriate... you can't; great. That's the sorted then. 

Your out... Repeat of 'crack on.......

4 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Not anymore, Giving this forum a break for a bit I think.

Wanted out completely but there is no delete button. 

Anyway, here's hoping three points this weekend and a better second half of the season.

COYR.

Absolutely. Look after yourself, mate

• Admin
11 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Dear Bullbag,

I agree. It's not the club I grew up with either. And I feel sad about this, too. But then, nothing is the ........ (you name it) you or I or we grew up with.

You are not the Bullbag you grew up with.

Your missus is not the Mrs. Bullbag you grew up with.

Your kids are not the little Bullbags they were when they were little.

Your parents are not the ones you grew up with.

Bristol is not the Bristol we grew up with.

Bristol rugby club is not the rugby club it was.

Broadmead has changed. Bedminster has changed. BS3 has changed.

Everything changes. Everything except possibly Bristol Rovers (there's always an exception), who remain the vile, bitter, lying, thieving, opportunistic, parasitic, mediocre embarrassment that we grew up detesting. But that's another story.

No, what I believe you are experiencing - something we all experience - is the pain of resistance to change, and the feelings of loss and sadness from this, and our powerlessness in the face of it. The Buddhists have some interesting ideas about this.

Everything changes, you see. Even Bristol City. Everything in the universe changes. We want certain things - our youth/days of few responsibilities/smooth skin/slim waistlines/ability to maintain erections/our football clubs from when our skin was smooth/waistlines slim/erections frequent and unbending - we hold dear to stay the same. But the universe shows us that nothing (with the possible exception of Bristol Rovers FC) stays the same. And as we resist this undeniable, inevitable truth, we experience great pain and suffering.

Bristol City is no different. It will always change. In 40 years time, it will not be the club young fans today are growing up with. 

Go easy on Steve Lansdown. He is not responsible for all-seater stadiums, executive boxes, grotesquely high wages, toilets with no rain falling into them. He can only operate in the world of football as it is; he cannot run Bristol City as though football is the game we grew up adoring, the game of our youth. 

You are not alone Bullbag, we all suffer to a greater or lesser degree with resistance to change and the sadness of loss. Don't blame your club or its current owner for this universal truth. 

Cheers,

Jack.

PS. It's either all that, or like me you're ****ed off with losing every week, and a home win Saturday will help enormously. 

I myself haven't posted much lately (nor has anyone else on my behalf) but I have to say, that's an excellent post JD. :) 

On 08/01/2017 at 20:12, Ivorguy said:

What some appear to be missing is what happens to The City, with no ground, when the owner goes, as all owners do.  Who else would want to buy into the Barcelona model ?

Some of us are of the opinion that the Bristol Sport model will not in the long term (and none of us know what that means) either survive or prove beneficial for City 

The Barcelona model isn't one unique to them and us, but is very common among the successful clubs across Europe. 

I'd suggest someone willing to buy into it would be someone whose mind is just the tiniest bit open.

Archived