IGNORED

Bristol FC

freezer

On 08/01/2017 at 20:45, 29AR said:

Sorry dude but it never was in the past 35 years. For good legitimate reasons, since 1982 we realised the ground and the football club must always be separate. Otherwise Rovers would have struck like vultures on a rotting corpse. 

I dare say in the next 10 years a good number of clubs would wish they had separation of assets. 

If no-one wants to buy it; fine. What you fail to acknowledge however is SL's fortune seems to clearly vest in JL. JL is vested clearly in our club. You're worrying about that which needs not be worried about in our lifetime. This is not Blackburn where Warner's fortunes and funding had a foreseeable end-date.

Honestly, we are one of possibly only a handful of clubs in England that have a financially stable future. Things can change but right now we look very likely to have an heir carrying on his dad's legacy and spending. And if he didn't, let's suppose he didn't, well any incoming investor is not going to want the stadium vacant. Is he going to want it with a football team, as anchor tenant, or a rugby team... here endeth Sunday's lesson

I'm under the impression (from things read on here before, but also possibly interviews with SL himself) that without JL, SL wouldn't have got so heavily involved.

This is what makes me less worried about our future when the inevitable happens, we will have another fan at the helm who will only want the best. Not only that but he will have spent his life as the son of the owner and witnessed the mistakes made beforehand.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

The Barcelona model isn't one unique to them and us, but is very common among the successful clubs across Europe

I'd suggest someone willing to buy into it would be someone whose mind is just the tiniest bit open.

That is incorrect. Bristol Sport is not similar to Barcelona or many others. Barcelona have not created a separate brand and identity that has made the FC subservient to it.

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

That is incorrect. Bristol Sport is not similar to Barcelona or many others. Barcelona have not created a separate brand and identity that has made the FC subservient to it.

The model Barcelona use is very common across Europe, that is not incorrect by any stretch.

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I may have taken your post out of context, but you appeared to imply that the Bristol Sport model is common across Europe, it is not.

I was responding to someone asking who would want to buy into the Barcelona model. Which I replied is common across Europe 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I was responding to someone asking who would want to buy into the Barcelona model. Which I replied is common across Europe 

I apologise.

I respond to a constant suggestion on Otib that somehow Bristol Sport is based upon the model of Barcelona, or similar sporting organisations to BS are commonplace . Bristol Sport is quite unusual.

Archived