IGNORED

Danny Wilson sacked

1960maaan

His hometown club, where's he going to go now! Part if the problem whilst he was here was he didn't see the players during the week much, he chose to stay up in Chesterfield. The players had a free reign to party, and party they did. So even him living on the doorstep didn't help Chesterfield.

• Admin
58 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Shame.

He played the best football we've seen at the Gate since Alan Dicks 

I would offer a different view, Jordan's promotion season 89/90, played some edge of the seat football that season and achieved the goal of getting promoted. More than Wilson did.

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I would offer a different view, Jordan's promotion season 89/90, played some edge of the seat football that season and achieved the goal of getting promoted. More than Wilson did.

It's a subjective point MR. 

Ask 10 City fans of 25+ watching City and you'd probably get 5 different answers.

And no Wilson didn't win anything but you could blame Lee Miller for that. How he missed that tap in at the County Ground in the last min is one of footballs mysteries......:facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Cotts achieved a promotion cup double. Not the best football I've seen at BS3 but easily the most successful in my Gate career 

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's a subjective point MR. 

Ask 10 City fans of 25+ watching City and you'd probably get 5 different answers.

And no Wilson didn't win anything but you could blame Lee Miller for that. How he missed that tap in at the County Ground in the last min is one of footballs mysteries......:facepalm:

Really you blame 1 miss for 4 seasons of failure with a huge budget for that division? As Chris Kamara would say...

I will agree during his 2nd season we played the best football I have seen city ever play for a 14 game period. With Tinman in the middle with doc and a rotation of clist and burnell. Murray and brown out wide.  Even better than the Jordan team for that 14 game period.  Shame about the boring crap served up for the next 2 seasons 

31 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Getting promoted is crap though, isn't it?

Wilson worked out early on that if you bobbed around near fourth place every year, never actually won a game that mattered, yet hammered the likes of Colchester and Walsall at home there would be some sad sorts on here claiming the football was "really good" over 10 years later..

Clearly 4 straight years of massive underachievement (Jordan, Ward, Johnson and Cotterill all got us promoted in less than half the time he was in charge) was all down to that one missed open goal, not a total lack of professionalism off the pitch and a drinking culture that saw us a complete laughing stock..

3 hours ago, shelts said:

Cotts achieved a promotion cup double. Not the best football I've seen at BS3 but easily the most successful in my Gate career 

Nearly 100 League goals in a season, usually a pretty good benchmark, fluid football most of the time, surely the best? Certainly best I have seen over a season (started going 1998/99). Total for that season 116 goals in all comps. Joe Jordan's season would have to have been pretty damn good to top that.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Nearly 100 League goals in a season, usually a pretty good benchmark, fluid football most of the time, surely the best? Certainly best I have seen over a season (started going 1998/99). Total for that season 116 goals in all comps. Joe Jordan's season would have to have been pretty damn good to top that.

Are we talking the same season Aden Flint scored 16 times, must of been fluid football from our centre half!!!?

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Getting promoted is crap though, isn't it?

Wilson worked out early on that if you bobbed around near fourth place every year, never actually won a game that mattered, yet hammered the likes of Colchester and Walsall at home there would be some sad sorts on here claiming the football was "really good" over 10 years later..

Clearly 4 straight years of massive underachievement (Jordan, Ward, Johnson and Cotterill all got us promoted in less than half the time he was in charge) was all down to that one missed open goal, not a total lack of professionalism off the pitch and a drinking culture that saw us a complete laughing stock..

But boy could they drink...

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cotterill's team was dull in comparison. The football was not of course always of a high standard but there were games where the football was simply beautiful. The away wins at Birmingham, Cardiff and Swansea were also witnessed by vociferous old skool away supports of thousands on terraces. Football and football experiences we will never return to.

Archived