IGNORED

straw poll - drum

Mkelly

Use of a drum during the game   

410 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If there was an option to vote yes-with a responsible drummer I'd select that. 

Maybe we can get Mark Ashton to sign the Fleetwood drummer?

We have had some really crap drummers over the years. People who do not know how to play a drum. It seems if the singing got faster the drummer would get faster but really what you need is the drum to dictate the tempo 

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If there was an option to vote yes-with a responsible drummer I'd select that. 

Maybe we can get Mark Ashton to sign the Fleetwood drummer?

We have had some really crap drummers over the years. People who do not know how to play a drum. It seems if the singing got faster the drummer would get faster but really what you need is the drum to dictate the tempo 

I think Mick is too busy touring with Stevie Nicks these days.....

No no no! Still have nightmares about the standard (or lack of) of drumming from back in the Atyeo and East End days!  We still laugh about it now and how terrible it was, especially alongside a raging hangover, which we usuallly had as well. Awful! 

On a slightly more serious note I think it does sound pretty tacky. Bring the megaphone back instead! 

No, please don't do it. It is so cringey it's unbelievable and kills as much atmosphere as it supposedly makes.

I really can't conceive why we would want to copy other clubs to do this when the S82 folk are doing their best to establish and/or perpetuate our own distinct identity.

I genuinely cannot believe that because a few Fleetwood- FLEETWOOD- fans were smashing away at one people think we should copy them. They needed a drum because they have no bloody identity of their own, and there were bugger all of them.

Please, please don't do it, plastic shite.

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

No, please don't do it. It is so cringey it's unbelievable and kills as much atmosphere as it supposedly makes.

I really can't conceive why we would want to copy other clubs to do this when the S82 folk are doing their best to establish and/or perpetuate our own distinct identity.

I genuinely cannot believe that because a few Fleetwood- FLEETWOOD- fans were smashing away at one people think we should copy them. They needed a drum because they have no bloody identity of their own, and there were bugger all of them.

Please, please don't do it, plastic shite.

To be fair, they have been identified by their drum, and their drum and and 40 people made more of an atmosphere on Saturday than 10,000 home fans.

I remember the old days of the Atyeo drummer and a trumpet player iirc. I used to love it. So yes from me. 

If someone with some rhythm and knowledge of the songs (perhaps if they had one of the faithful alongside making suggestions as to when to play/pitch/tempo) until they know all the songs fully, I say do it.

5 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I remember the old days of the Atyeo drummer and a trumpet player iirc. I used to love it. So yes from me. 

If someone with some rhythm and knowledge of the songs (perhaps if they had one of the faithful alongside making suggestions as to when to play/pitch/tempo) until they know all the songs fully, I say do it.

What's Scott Davidson doing these days ?

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair, they have been identified by their drum, and their drum and and 40 people made more of an atmosphere on Saturday than 10,000 home fans.

That's pretty standard in most grounds these days tbh, away fans virtually always out sing home fans, and the vast majority don't need a sodding drum to do it!

I could have sworn Fleetwood were known as 'The Trawlermen' or something fish related rather than 'The Spirit Crushingly Persistent Drummers of ******* Woe' anyway.

17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Anything is better than what we have now, just imagine, we may get some kind of atmosphere inside AG! 

:badmood:Looks like 54% still want to sit down in silence though

Perhaps you'd like to become an active member of S82 and help build an atmosphere?

Although when you mention to people this means arriving early and staying late before/after KO to sort out displays each week, most people's enthusiasm for atmosphere rapidly disappears.

I think we need it - the atmosphere at the gate is flatter than a really flat thing from flat town.

I would suggest a poll of OTIB will not give a balanced view so needs S82 spokespersons to give their view - and before all the S82 rubbish starts again this is the obvious place for it. Please do not disregard purely due to a vote on here.

Anything to stop 200 fleetwood fans being louder than 10K city fans !!

Archived