IGNORED

De Girolamo (MERGED, AND MERGED AGAIN)

CiderJar

3 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

The Mickey Mouse Cup...was the Sherpa Van Trophy, Freight Rover Trophy, Auto Windscreens, Johnstones Paint Trophy, etc 

Got it. Wish they would call it the Mickey Mouse Cup sponsored by....... I'd know what it was every year then... ;)

20 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

We've won the Welsh cup!!!!

I know. We should never have participated in such a sham, just like Cardiff, Swansea & Newport shouldn't participate in the the Football League. That's why I decided not to include that "cup".

Then again I didn't include the Gloucester Cup either :shifty:

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Might be worth watching PW tomorrow night, might be highlights if they haven`t got twenty minutes about some old biddy from Melksham who`s just finished a 10,000 piece jigsaw or something equally as newsworthy to cover.

And we moan about Roger Malone

42 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Obviously really cracked it in academy football - needs to show it against the adults now.

I think what it shows is that he has lots of ability. Leicester's u23 side aren't bad and he did pretty well for us too at that level. You can only stand out that much if you're a good player as that's the main divider at that age.

What he'll have to add to his game to do this at senior level is cleverness against wiley old pros and physicality as it's a step up on youth football in that respect.

He's been playing with Italy as recently as 2014 which he wouldn't have been unless he was very talented. If we can keep him progressing we might well have a bit of a potential gem here.

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think what it shows is that he has lots of ability. Leicester's u23 side aren't bad and he did pretty well for us too at that level. You can only stand out that much if you're a good player as that's the main divider at that age.

What he'll have to add to his game to do this at senior level is cleverness against wiley old pros and physicality as it's a step up on youth football in that respect.

He's been playing with Italy as recently as 2014 which he wouldn't have been unless he was very talented. If we can keep him progressing we might well have a bit of a potential gem here.

Don't say that PF

I had a real punt only based on 2 viewings that he won't get to first team for significant appearances !!

(Was only an fun / initial 'hunch' and I hope I'm completely wrong - certainly can't do him any harm to have notched a hat trick :thumbsup:)

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't say that PF

I had a real punt only based on 2 viewings that he won't get to first team for significant appearances !!

(Was only an fun / initial 'hunch' and I hope I'm completely wrong - certainly can't do him any harm to have notched a hat trick :thumbsup:)

I get the impression it was a problem with his motivation/attitude at Sheffield United but that may not be correct. Maybe he needed a fresh start with some new coaches to coax out his ability. 

I'm a big believer in giving players, especially young ones, a fair crack before making a judgement especially if they're obviously trying hard and don't assume they've 'made it'. Sometimes they have ability but they need to add size and strength - Joe Morrell and Bobby Reid for example.  

Seems Diego is doing alright after 6 months or so. Would love for us to be safe by mid April (:fingerscrossed:) and be able to give the likes of McCoulsky and Diego some game time if his loan ends before then.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I get the impression it was a problem with his motivation/attitude at Sheffield United but that may not be correct. Maybe he needed a fresh start with some new coaches to coax out his ability. 

Sure I read something on these lines PF so think you are correct on this

I'm a big believer in giving players, especially young ones, a fair crack before making a judgement especially if they're obviously trying hard and don't assume they've 'made it'. Sometimes they have ability but they need to add size and strength - Joe Morrell and Bobby Reid for example.  

Totally agree mate , Iike to have a bit of fun seeing if I can assess a player quickly - a silly thing to do in the real world - just a bit of fun , and like to be proved wrong as much as proved right !!! ;)

Archived