IGNORED

Are we going down?

Inactive user

51 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Put it this way. I'm far less concerned than this time last year. 

I agree with this completely.

Every game last year I went into with the dismal attitude that we'd lost already. This season I've got the optimism that we can always sneak something albeit can't hold on to it. 

We'll be safe this year and next year we'll able to push on with a team who have experienced what it's like to be fighting near the bottom.

11 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

The Johnson interview was the biggest worry.

He talked about how Barnsley went on a run of wins after they had lost 7 in a row, and the same could happen for us.

If he thinks were capable of winning 5 or 6 on the bounce he's delusional.

The likes of Newcastle, Brighton are incapable of that so how could he ever imagine such things are possible for us?

Dose he think we are already playing in league 1 ?

Exactly, he's totally deluded. Seems to suggest getting repeatedly beaten is a precursor to a winning run.

Absolute clown. What was SL thinking.

Very likely as it stands. People saying we have to good players or pointing to the results we had at the beginning of the season. Should try and remember last time we got relegated. 

We started that season very well as well and also had to many good players to go down. 

3 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

I agree with this completely.

Every game last year I went into with the dismal attitude that we'd lost already. This season I've got the optimism that we can always sneak something albeit can't hold on to it. 

We'll be safe this year and next year we'll able to push on with a team who have experienced what it's like to be fighting near the bottom.

with our experience of fighting near the bottom if the players ever learnt anything we should be in the champions league!!

59 minutes ago, cynic said:

If those below keep up their current form and we find a bit of form (which I think we will do) then no chance of relegation.

The worry is us keeping our current form and those below us finding a bit of form.

45 minutes ago, Creg said:

We have the second worst form in the football league, and are now actively finding ways to lose from winning positions.  The new boys (Wright and Hegs specifically) are already openly questioning the tactics in the changing room and, if rumours are to be believed, the manager has fallen out with our two biggest earners and allegedly best players. All whilst retaining the confidence of our chairman who continues to blindly pump cash into what would be viewed by anyone else as a doomed project. 

It's painful, but in short - yes.

Sort it out Lansdown you ......

Havent read the responses to this question apart from the OP.......but in short, im depressingly 99% sure we will go down if we keep LJ

If we sack him.......then im 100% certain we wont even be close to going down, we have the most talented team in over 20 years in my opinion and the worst manager we could possibly of had in what could be a potential golden age for the club.

17 minutes ago, downendcity said:

The worry is us keeping our current form and those below us finding a bit of form.

with what we have spent we shouldn,t be looking over our shoulders hoping other teams loose , sums up how bad we have become and only 1 man to blame for that lj out.

Just now, Rednwhiterob said:

This form won't continue.

Been trying to convince myself as well for the last half a dozen or so games but sadly the feeling that we are going to end this horrendous run anytime soon is like being stuck in a nightmare and not being able to wake up.I like your positivity but you can't just say "This form won't continue" because at the moment it looks like it will.

7 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Been trying to convince myself as well for the last half a dozen or so games but sadly the feeling that we are going to end this horrendous run anytime soon is like being stuck in a nightmare and not being able to wake up.I like your positivity but you can't just say "This form won't continue" because at the moment it looks like it will.

I know what you meaneed but think there was enough from early in the season to give a bit of belief.

31 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I think that he will walk tomorrow, after working out an agreeable severance deal. 

I`ve got a feeling this might happen too. Pembo in charge for a free hit at Fleetwood and someone else in for Saturday.

I`m normally the most happy of happy clappers, but I`m wavering after today I`m afraid.

Archived