IGNORED

Lansdown

Red Army 75

This is what frustrates me. I have absolutely no faith in the club now and don't really know who will come in after Johnson.  But it's this reluctance to now see that Lansdowns tenure hasn't delivered anything. I don't know who takes over, I just know that for all the money and all the resource, the last 16 years have been a footballing failure.

Why is that so hard for people to accept?

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

This is what frustrates me. I have absolutely no faith in the club now and don't really have know who will come in after Johnson.  But it's this reluctance to now see that Lansdowns tenure hasn't delivered anything. I don't know who takes over, I just know that for all the money and all the resource, the last 16 years have been a footballing failure.

Why is that so hard for people to accept?

Hasn't delivered anything. Last 16 years failure. Sorry mate u r chatting absolute shit

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Hasn't delivered anything. Last 16 years failure. Sorry mate u r chatting absolute shit

I really am not. 

Tell me the high points of the last 10 years and then ask yourself if Steven Lansdown is happy thats all you could produce.

I wish you could back and read the countless posts I've written that are pro Lansdown. I do not doubt his passion, his commitment, his loyalty. For all his resource and accumin. We have not achieved anywhere near the footballing goals that I'm sure he would have set himself.

High points last 10 years. Spending money trying to get new stadium. Trying to get World Cup football in Bristol. Redeveloping Ashton gate after that .winning the 1st division title as well as the Mickey Mouse cup . Plowing countless pounds into the football club . I agree his choice of managers hasn't worked out well . But like I said no disrespect u chat shit

I'd like to go on record and thank Steve Landsdown for saving our club. 

You might not have always got it right in your appointments but you have always backed them with funds and stuck by them when it's not gone so well. 

Me im going to carry on supporting my team through thick n thin regardless of who is our manager and the team he picks. 

8 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Highlights 

Play off final  (although the balls up that was chucking away automatic is something else that we love to avoid)

Promotion from division 3 twice.

Football league trophy 

What have I missed?

Ok mate agree to disagree. I hope u get you're new football club owner soon 

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

I have no doubts SL has the right intentions, loves the club and quite frankly we need his backing. I wouldn't want any other owner. But we repeat the same mistakes every year - the correlation is no coincidence.

Since GJ went and he appointed Coppell, he's seemed prepared to only take risks on unproven managers or SC (who was his friend at one point!). If the club is as ambitious as he claims, we should have made more proven appointments in that time period, but since the Coppell disaster we've had a lot of unexperienced managers struggling to cope with the pressure at this level when things got tough - or SC, an experienced head, who struggled when the board let him down in that summer.

I want LJ to do well and I still think selling Kodjia without a replacement was an absolute disaster and is the reason we are in the state we're in now but I'm running out of excuses for him - the squad should still be better than 13 losses in 17 games. However, I just know we will repeat the cycle again, appoint a new manager and be in a similar position this time next year.

I honestly don't know what the best course of action is.

SC. was Keith Dawes friend / choice / reccomended wasn't he 

15 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Highlights 

Play off final  (although the balls up that was chucking away automatic is something else that we love to avoid)

Promotion from division 3 twice.

Football league trophy 

What have I missed?

Apart from a brand new multi-million pound stadium and first class training facilities, not much.

Agreed, we could, or maybe should be doing better considering the amount of money SL has invested over the last 15 years, but without his investment we could easily be like R"vers and barely have a pot to piss in.

I personally think we are very lucky to have someone who has the clubs best interests at heart, rather than an owner who's in it for the ROI. Don't forget, we have the added bonus of Jon Lansdown to take over when Steve decides to step aside.

Admittedly, current results are heartbreakingly bad, but it's comforting to know that we will have continuity at ownership level for a long time to come yet. I still feel we will be where we all want to be in the near future,  we just have to be patient and eventually it will happen.

Wether that's with LJ at the helm is an entirely different argument,  and not one I can be arsed to get into at the moment, as my post is about SL only.

15 minutes ago, shelts said:

I'd like to go on record and thank Steve Landsdown for saving our club. 

You might not have always got it right in your appointments but you have always backed them with funds and stuck by them when it's not gone so well. 

Me im going to carry on supporting my team through thick n thin regardless of who is our manager and the team jits. 

Here here - where would we be without SL, we have an amazing stadium, he has invested in training facilities, academy etc but yet we have a thread on this forum moaning about the players tunnel not being ready!

I wanted it to work with Lee but never felt really comfortable with is appointment, although there was never really a favourite for me to succeed Cotterill.

Both Ashtons appointment and Taylor's were both brilliant and we should not forget this, we have a good squad we just need someone to sort this out - unfortunately Lee is not going to do this.

Steve - if your reading this we all appreciate the what you' ve done for our club!

Just now, City37 said:

Here here - where would we be without SL, we have an amazing stadium, he has invested in training facilities, academy etc but yet we have a thread on this forum moaning about the players tunnel not being ready!

I wanted it to work with Lee but never felt really comfortable with is appointment, although there was never really a favourite for me to succeed Cotterill.

Both Ashtons appointment and Taylor's were both brilliant and we should not forget this, we have a good squad we just need someone to sort this out - unfortunately Lee is not going to do this.

Steve - if your reading this we all appreciate the what you' ve done for our club!

I wanted Colin!!

Desperately wanted LJ to be a success as we desperately needed it after the debacle of Cotts. It's not been so far and may never be. If we are going to sack LJ why let him bring in three new players when the new guy might not fancy them and would hope to bring his own in?

Fan and supporter of LJ but not sure he's the one  

11 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Apart from a brand new multi-million pound stadium and first class training facilities, not much.

Agreed, we could, or maybe should be doing better considering the amount of money SL has invested over the last 15 years, but without his investment we could easily be like R"vers and barely have a pot to piss in.

I personally think we are very lucky to have someone who has the clubs best interests at heart, rather than an owner who's in it for the ROI. Don't forget, we have the added bonus of Jon Lansdown to take over when Steve decides to step aside.

Admittedly, current results are heartbreakingly bad, but it's comforting to know that we will have continuity at ownership level for a long time to come yet. I still feel we will be where we all want to be in the near future,  we just have to be patient and eventually it will happen.

Wether that's with LJ at the helm is an entirely different argument,  and not one I can be arsed to get into at the moment, as my post is about SL only.

I don't doubt or disagree with all of these peripheral things. 

I just do not believe that our footballing history over this period reflects any of this in any way.

I really don't get why mine is such a strange view point. If anything it's the only honest one. Respectful of his commitment and passion but after all these many many years questioning where it has got us from a footballing point of view. We are after all a football team.

Just now, 054123 said:

I don't doubt or disagree with all of these peripheral things. 

I just do not believe that our footballing history over this period reflects any of this in any way.

I really don't get why mine is such a strange view point. If anything it's the only honest one. Respectful of his commitment and passion but after all these many many years questioning where it has got us from a footballing point of view. We are after all a football team.

We are a subset of Bristol Sport in a shared stadium which we don't own.  

We are not SL's only sporting project we are merely the football club.

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Subset my arse. You're boring. Really really boring. Our $hite run of form is not SL's fault in any way shape or form and you know that. Take a look at our stadium, squad and training facilities and then look at the team across the city's equivalent facilities for example. No comparison. We're seriously lucky to have SL. You need to be careful what you wish for regards City. 

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I don't believe BCFC having ownership of the stadium makes one jot of difference to the teams performance on the pitch.

You are correct in saying we are merely the football club in Steve's portfolio of sporting ownership, but considering the insane amount of money sloshing around in football, I've got no doubt that we are, and always will be the focal point of BS. Without BCFC there would be no BS.

As I mentioned on a thread the other day, AC-Milan AND Inter play in the San Siro which is owned by the council and they've both done OK.

Just now, lenred said:

Subset my arse. You're boring. Really really boring. Our $hite run of form is not SL's fault in any way shape or form and you know that. Take a look at our stadium, squad and training facilities and then look at the team across the city's equivalent facilities for example. No comparison. We're seriously lucky to have SL. You need to be careful what you wish for regards City. 

Comparing us against Rovers, if that's our benchmark then god help us.  

Also remind me, how many places in the league structure below us are they?

23 minutes ago, shelts said:

I wanted Colin!!

Desperately wanted LJ to be a success as we desperately needed it after the debacle of Cotts. It's not been so far and may never be. If we are going to sack LJ why let him bring in three new players when the new guy might not fancy them and would hope to bring his own in?

Fan and supporter of LJ but not sure he's the one  

Colin is a top manager, no doubt about it - despite what is written on here about him.

7 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

I don't believe BCFC having ownership of the stadium makes one jot of difference to the teams performance on the pitch.

You are correct in saying we are merely the football club in Steve's portfolio of sporting ownership, but considering the insane amount of money sloshing around in football, I've got no doubt that we are, and always will be the focal point of BS. Without BCFC there would be no BS.

As I mentioned on a thread the other day, AC-Milan AND Inter play in the San Siro which is owned by the council and they've both done OK.

Archived