IGNORED

Lansdown

Red Army 75

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Comparing us against Rovers, if that's our benchmark then god help us.  

Also remind me, how many places in the league structure below us are they?

Not as many as I would like or as it used to be. And at the rate LJ is going it could get even closer...

9 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Comparing us against Rovers, if that's our benchmark then god help us.  

Also remind me, how many places in the league structure below us are they?

I don't give a flying one about the G*s but it's an easy comparison as they are our most obvious benchmark purely in terms of being in the same city and in terms of where we could be without the investment we've had.  We have a structure that is light years above them. It's a benchmark against where we could be without the investment that SL gives us. Agree that we should be aiming higher, a lot higher but the point is that we need to be careful what we wish for and slagging offf SL is not justified as it stands. 

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

I don't give a flying one about the G*s but it's an easy comparison as they are our most obvious benchmark purely in terms of being in the same city and interns of where we could be without the investment we've had.  We have a structure that is light years above them. It's a benchmark against where we could be without the investment that SL gives us. Agree that we should be aiming higher, a lot higher but the point is that we need to be careful what we wish for and slagging offf SL is not justified as it stands. 

All that investment for this? In gambling terms (which is what football can be - a gamble) SL has backed the wrong man.

As the small print on his financial products say, "Past performance is no guarantee of future expectations" but let's be clear no evidence of any performance, is a pretty obvious pointer that things are not right and need fixing. 

Time to bring in an experienced manager who can bring the best out of this group of players.

8 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

All that investment for this? In gambling terms (which is what football can be - a gamble) SL has backed the wrong man.

As the small print on his financial products say, "Past performance is no guarantee of future expectations" but let's be clear no evidence of any performance, is a pretty obvious pointer that things are not right and need fixing. 

Time to bring in an experienced manager who can bring the best out of this group of players.

Don't disagree about bringing in a new manager (unfortunately) . But that's got nothing to do with SL's investment and commitment to the club which some posters on here want to constantly slag off - perspective is needed!

13 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

I don't question he has done a lot for us(and a little for himself along the way)...big issue is dodgy recruitment in the extreme,and to keep to the same failing model time after time??

do I really believe a man of this calibre hasn't noticed this??

Even if (he wont) LJ calls it a day sometime soon do we think we wont be asking the next SL choice of manager to do likewise this time next year? while SL writes the cheques we have to go with his choices............ours don't register. :(

12 hours ago, lenred said:

Subset my arse. You're boring. Really really boring. Our $hite run of form is not SL's fault in any way shape or form and you know that. Take a look at our stadium, squad and training facilities and then look at the team across the city's equivalent facilities for example. No comparison. We're seriously lucky to have SL. You need to be careful what you wish for regards City. 

Oh dear. There are none so blind who won't see

COBSE

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Oh dear. There are none so blind who won't see

COBSE

yea i hope lansdown ***** off as well that way the club can finally go bankrupt and no longer exist and we wouldn't have anything to worry about then.................................

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

yea i hope lansdown ***** off as well that way the club can finally go bankrupt and no longer exist and we wouldn't have anything to worry about then.................................

So are you stating the way BCFC is being run the FC is on the verge of constant bankruptcy?

Bristol City is either stable, or it is not.

19 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

I have a very high regard for SL and massively appreciate everything he has done for BCFC. I also like that he is a quiet and almost invisible Chairman, who prefers to leave footballing matters to those employed to manage footballing matters. Although given our recent form and results it is reasonable to question if the current manager has the necessary skills and experience.

Please can we remember that SL is also a passionate and loyal supporter and human, he wants what every one of us wants - success for Bristol City.

The Club also want a manager prepared to follow and implement the agreed long-term strategy I doubt if any of the so called 'proven managers at this level' that usually get suggested would sign up to this. 

Therefore, as disappointed as I am with the current situation I think LJ will continue as our manager and be given time to turn things around. 

That might be because he isn't the Chairman.

2 hours ago, lenred said:

And there are none so boring as those that have a massive, unwarranted vendetta against our owner and who continuously bleat on about it. But there we go.....

Not an overhelpful contribution, methinks

Until people realise that Bristol Sport's flawed business plan for City, plus a City Board unable to select competent managers (even to agree a job description which decides whether we have a manager or a head coach) then the owner and Board will go on leading us into cul de sacs.

Oh, and while I'm in full flow, why was LJ given an extension to his contract? Am I the only one that finds that distinctly odd?

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Until people realise that Bristol Sport's flawed business plan for City, plus a City Board unable to select competent managers (even to agree a job description which decides whether we have a manager or a head coach) then the owner and Board will go on leading us into cul de sacs.

Oh, and while I'm in full flow, why was LJ given an extension to his contract? Am I the only one that finds that distinctly odd?

Do you know what is actually written in his contract. There are probably clauses that if we are in a certain position then he doesn't receive hardly anything. None of us know. So unless you do, just shut up!

8 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Do you know what is actually written in his contract. There are probably clauses that if we are in a certain position then he doesn't receive hardly anything. None of us know. So unless you do, just shut up!

If your assumption is right, my overall point stands, viz The Board's incompetence in issuing such a contract in the first place given the nature of football.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

If your assumption is right, my overall point stands, viz The Board's incompetence in issuing such a contract in the first place given the nature of football.

Again none of us know when the new contract talks started and was finalized. Go back only 2 months and we were in a pretty decent position.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Oh the irony.....

3 hours ago, shelts said:

If and when LJ is sacked I hope we get a name like we was all crying out for before him. Arm the new guy with tons of money . sit back and enjoy

Because it's just that easy. You should be on the board as you clearly have all the acumen required to take us forward.

Archived