IGNORED

So It Would Seem LJ is Staying

longyears

3 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

There will be fans

As so many on here keep saying City till i die

Loads also chose to sign off with 'In LJ we trust' earlier in the season....haven't seen that much recently.

As I said at the time, I don't Iike that phrase - it's cringey and assumes that an individual is talking on behalf of everyone...

3 hours ago, longyears said:

That is your right but under another id I had over 500 posts I just changed my id to avoid insults - which I may have deserved - so not a newbie at all - been posting since 2003 - I just do not believe SL is that bothered about us getting relegated - if he as he would have fired LJ by now !

Codfather? You're back? You shouldn't have.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Two year contract extension ??

:grr:

This is the bit I don't think any of us really understand. Especially it's timing. We were already on the slide so why was it felt necessary to do this? To increase compensation if someone came in for LJ? So unlikely, considering most managers leave a job having been sacked, or whatever wording you want to put on it.

I think that was a case of believing our own hype. All those national newspaper articles at the beginning of the season when we were winning some games. Don't see any of those now. Regularly last match on the C5 highlights as we tumble towards the relegation zone. Even Chris Iwelumo has stopped on trying to talk LJ up!

A return to League 1 isn't an option, but the time to change things is now. Either the team start winning, starting tomorrow, or LJ has to go. SL has invested far too much to see us go down. Can you imagine his and our embarrassment at seeing us play at the Mem next season? That is one nightmare scenario. There is an even worse one that doesn't bare thinking about but given the way things have been going, really would be the ultimate "egg on face" moment for SL & Bristol Sport, especially if the rugby team go down as well.

I don't doubt Steve cares as much as most fans, the difference is he carries the can if it goes wrong. And it's his money he's wasting. I would still rather him than a Cellino-style "hire 'em & fire'em" owner, but I do wish he had employed Gary Monk rather than Gary's son.

I wont be going again this season while he remains in charge.

The game against Reading was ####### diabolical. The tactics were embarrassing, playing 9 men in our own box at home for 45 mins.

It costs me £50 a pop to watch us, and I aint paying that to watch that shit. I aint made of money, I certainly aint goina to piss that down the drain to watch garbage like that.

15 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I wont be going again this season while he remains in charge.

The game against Reading was ####### diabolical. The tactics were embarrassing, playing 9 men in our own box at home for 45 mins.

It costs me £50 a pop to watch us, and I aint paying that to watch that shit. I aint made of money, I certainly aint goina to piss that down the drain to watch garbage like that.

You could spend the money you save on an evening class or something. 

Could I suggest, maybe, an English class..?! 

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You could spend the money you save on an evening class or something. 

Could I suggest, maybe, an English class..?! 

You could. But that would be an extremely arrogant and antagonistic suggestion from you.

I work 2 weekends in every 3. So forgive me for not being able to buy a season ticket and being a ******* superfan like yourself. Or as you clearly are, a genius at the english language on a forum.

I work in an industry that has falling wages.

£50 to me is a great deal. So sorry that it is not much to you buddy.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

You could. But that would be an extremely arrogant and antagonistic suggestion from you.

I work 2 weekends in every 3. So forgive me for not being able to buy a season ticket and being a ******* superfan like yourself. Or as you clearly are, a genius at the english language on a forum.

I work in an industry that has fallen wages.

£50 to me is a great deal. So sorry that it is not much to you buddy.

I think you completely missed what I was saying..! 

I certainly couldn't afford £50 for every game, but I am fortunate in being able to make most games, making a season ticket viable. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you completely missed what I was saying..! 

I certainly couldn't afford £50 for every game, but I am fortunate in being able to make most games, making a season ticket viable. 

Im glad for you, and if I could believe me I would.

My point was, that the 1 time in 3 (if we are at home at the time) I will not be willing to pay £50 to watch the inept clueless tactics on show by our inept current "head coach".

The notion that SL is just spending small change on his City plaything is nonsense.  With the stadium and annual losses, he has now spent well over £100m.  Another season or two and it will be 10% of his worth.  However rich you are, spending 10% of your wealth on some hobby you didn't really care about would be crazy.  Last season's loss was equal to a subsidy of about £42 for each person admitted to each game.  To break even, attendances would need to increase to around 35,000.  And yet some say he is not committed and should spend some more!  

Whilst I understand the frustration of supporters, myself included...I just don't understand the mindset of people when it comes to changing managers.

When you have a poor run of results, you don't just pop along to the Supermarket selling managers, and pick one off the shelf.

Tbh....that's what a lot of football clubs do...have a poor run of results, decide to sack the manager, then interview anyone that's available or not in a job, and try to find one that fits. More often than not...they go for the one that they hope might work.  And the merry go round continues.

At least this time, we have gone about bringing in a manager, who the owner and board actually want to work with and built a team around him to work together.

Before...it's been make do and mend...and 'try and make it work with what you've got to hand.

It maybe not working now...but at least we have got a team of people all working in the same direction as one.

Whether fans like it or not...that's what SL and the board have chosen to do.

He isn't going to be sacked...it's for the long term.

The only way it's going to happen, is if we are adrift in the relegation zone. And then it would be at a push.

Fans can moan as much as they want, but the energy would be better suited to support rather than all the negativity.

We are smack bang in the middle of a transfer window as well...the team of MA, analysts and scouts will have been working for months on trying to get players in during this month. Getting in a new manager now, at this moment, would be futile.

For all the reasons I've stated he has to be supported right now...if we are adrift in a couple months...then I'd get it.

If he does happen to change it around...which I believe he will, if we get more players in, or some improve drastically, then I'm going to look forward to all the debates on here as to why it got better. Because imo, it want be much different to what we are already doing now...just less individual errors.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Whilst I understand the frustration of supporters, myself included...I just don't understand the mindset of people when it comes to changing managers.

When you have a poor run of results, you don't just pop along to the Supermarket selling managers, and pick one off the shelf.

Tbh....that's what a lot of football clubs do...have a poor run of results, decide to sack the manager, then interview anyone that's available or not in a job, and try to find one that fits. More often than not...they go for the one that they hope might work.  And the merry go round continues.

At least this time, we have gone about bringing in a manager, who the owner and board actually want to work with and built a team around him to work together.

Before...it's been make do and mend...and 'try and make it work with what you've got to hand.

It maybe not working now...but at least we have got a team of people all working in the same direction as one.

Whether fans like it or not...that's what SL and the board have chosen to do.

He isn't going to be sacked...it's for the long term.

The only way it's going to happen, is if we are adrift in the relegation zone. And then it would be at a push.

Fans can moan as much as they want, but the energy would be better suited to support rather than all the negativity.

We are smack bang in the middle of a transfer window as well...the team of MA, analysts and scouts will have been working for months on trying to get players in during this month. Getting in a new manager now, at this moment, would be futile.

For all the reasons I've stated he has to be supported right now...if we are adrift in a couple months...then I'd get it.

If he does happen to change it around...which I believe he will, if we get more players in, or some improve drastically, then I'm going to look forward to all the debates on here as to why it got better. Because imo, it want be much different to what we are already doing now...just less individual errors.

Good post as ever Spud, we all love this club and it feels like visiting a very sick family member in hospital at the moment or for some on here arguing at the wake after a bl***y funeral. We all want City to succeed but waiting till we are in the bottom 3 ? We are a patient lot that support BCFC 

15 hours ago, smokey live said:

Just out of interest, What do you think will happen if we beat Fleetwood and Forest, then lose the next 2 games?

I think he's a dead man walking, he's at the stage where he has to get 5 wins in the next 7-8 games for people to feel any confidence in his management. Even if this did happen, a run of 2-3 defeats will bring the current run back into people's minds. 

No manager loses 7 out of 7 and gets 1 win in 13 ( is it?) and stays for much longer nowadays.

17 hours ago, longyears said:

...........and actually although I wish he was going I am not surprised. He is like a family member with the Lansdowns and will not I fear be fired. That is because the bigger picture ( IMO ) is that the new stadium will generate most income from non match day activities and events and the size of crowds for both Rugby and Football are not critical - Rugby in the Championship and BCFC in Div One will not be a financial disaster and as long as the love in continues with LJ I honestly do not believe SL will be too bothered.

We all have to remember that both rugby and football teams are a rich mans toys - do not ever deceive yourself that he really cares - if he did he would have bought us into the Prem long ago as he can certainly afford it. Not criticising for that as he has done a lot for the club but mostly he has done it for himself and his rich mans toy !

Does he really care about us ST holders - in fairness if you were him would you !!

For someone who works at Ashton gate I can tell you day to day non match day events do not come close in ££££ than any match day! 

And there is not an event everyday, maybe one every 3 days with about 10-40 people.

weddings, parties and wedding/job fairs make the most and that is no where near what two concessions make on a match day.

Don't bother to apologise all you critics of my post just because SL has confirmed most of what I posted today - just be happy LJ is going nowhere which is what I told all you dreamers................ SL owns the ground the club the rugby club et al and as far as he is concerned if you don't like it you can do the other thing !

Archived