IGNORED

Yes, we can....

glastonred

2 hours ago, glastonred said:

I know in the past few weeks the results haven't gone our way; and I know we've slipped down the table from 5th to 19th, but I'm still not pessimistic about our future. I have great faith in Lee Johnson turning things around. I am sick of the fickleness of fans, who whenever there is a poor period start baying for blood and demanding a change of manager. I would far rather stick with someone who has had a long association with City, and clearly loves this club, rather than a journeyman with no connection, who couldn't care less. I believe in giving managers a long period of time to make their mark, and I would like to see LJ in charge for many years to come. It's not as if we're in relegation form. Apart from against Brighton, we have played decent football and have often dominated possession. only slipping up from a lack of concentration at key moments which have cost us the game. I appreciate I may be overly optimistic, but I truly do not believe that we are playing relegation football. We're much better than that. We can turn this around. We can go forward with LJ at the helm, and we can begin to climb the league. We can be the team we all want City to be. We just have to have patience and hang in there. Our golden age could be just around the corner! 

Such a refreshing post and one I wholeheartedly agree with.  

We're on the verge of giving someone a proper pasting and it might be Forest.

We ARE staying up.

4 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Such a refreshing post and one I wholeheartedly agree with.  

We're on the verge of giving someone a proper pasting and it might be Forest.

We ARE staying up.

Well we did give Fleetwood a good going over to halt our bad spell...

holy crap, if you think capitals make it the truth then knock yourself, utter madness.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry Neo but I can't agree with you there. 346 people voted in the poll below on Saturday and 79% wanted him gone. That's a reasonable sample size and it's not unreasonable to assume that it's largely representative of the fanbase. If it was 55% you might have an argument but 79% is overwhelming; the consensus view is now that he should go.

here's a different viewpoint perspective.. 20 likes to the OP... none to yours...

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Reference to the opening post when it says we are not in relegation form. 7 points out of 45 (forty five) is not relegation form?

It is in my world. Where do you live? LA LA Land?

No he's right, it's not relegation form it's bottom of the table form.

34 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Thanks Eyore.

I know I am old and not the quickest with modern wit, but what on earth does this silly comment add to serious debate about the problems of, and faced by, City.

OK presumably this is an inelegant way of saying 'donkey'.

I despair at times and think us fans only get the team we deserve

How on earth will the powers that be ever be persuaded to take fans views seriously

4 minutes ago, FNQ said:

here's a different viewpoint perspective.. 20 likes to the OP... none to yours...

What the hell has that got to do with it?  My post wasn't a response to the OP and didn't even present an opposite viewpoint, I was arguing against a separate point from Neo.

Or are you claiming that 20 likes for one viewpoint must mean he represents the true voice of the fans?

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

A Twitter poll was done by someone on Sunday morning.

Total votes: 1164 (3.36x the poll you refer to)

Outcome: 58% sack, 42% keep.

Huge difference in result. 

This isn't City fans only, I expect, as it's an open poll. I regularly see things from other teams and vote on them. I'd be surprised if 100/200 of those voters are Gas or Barnsley fans on the windup. 

3 hours ago, glastonred said:

I know in the past few weeks the results haven't gone our way; and I know we've slipped down the table from 5th to 19th, but I'm still not pessimistic about our future. I have great faith in Lee Johnson turning things around. I am sick of the fickleness of fans, who whenever there is a poor period start baying for blood and demanding a change of manager. I would far rather stick with someone who has had a long association with City, and clearly loves this club, rather than a journeyman with no connection, who couldn't care less. I believe in giving managers a long period of time to make their mark, and I would like to see LJ in charge for many years to come. It's not as if we're in relegation form. Apart from against Brighton, we have played decent football and have often dominated possession. only slipping up from a lack of concentration at key moments which have cost us the game. I appreciate I may be overly optimistic, but I truly do not believe that we are playing relegation football. We're much better than that. We can turn this around. We can go forward with LJ at the helm, and we can begin to climb the league. We can be the team we all want City to be. We just have to have patience and hang in there. Our golden age could be just around the corner! 

Well done you have earned yourself a load of likes, if only they were points we would really have our Golden Age right now, but alas we still have LJ at the helm and steering us into the unknown. It's not just about Lee's abilities as a Coach, but rather his all round ability to manage his players, if that has gone, then alas so has he.

2 hours ago, The_Don said:

That's the million dollar question, how long is a piece of string?

It's a question I can answer honestly at the moment, I just hope we can get a morale boosting result tomorrow and take that into the Forest game on the weekend and end the losing streak there.

lets all hope you are right

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd agree. Amazed it wasn't more, in the heat of the moment, after a Derby day defeat. 

I'd go so far as to say that ONLY 346 votes at such an emotive time shows more of a supportive view than one of a vest majority wanting LJ gone. 

In response to a question further up, it's hard to define a cut off point. 

I think losing the 2 games this week would make it very difficult. 

I also think that a heavy defeat would be hard to ignore. The fact that we've been competitive in pretty much every game is what's giving me hope that things can turn around. 

It really is extraordinary that of our 15 defeats in the Championship this season………14 have been by one goal, and the other was a 2-0 loss to Brighton.  So it is true to say that we have been competitive, just a shame that games aren't 80 minutes long?

34 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the penny drops and LJ picks his best 11 and plays everybody in their best positions.

I've bought my ticket for Forest on Saturday in the hope its about to happen.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you have a great day out, it always feels better when it's an away win

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It really is extraordinary that of our 15 defeats in the Championship this season………14 have been by one goal, and the other was a 2-0 loss to Brighton.  So it is true to say that we have been competitive, just a shame that games aren't 80 minutes long?

they are in rugby and it hasn't helped bristol

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

You beat me to it Chips..I've watched 19 of our matches this season, home & away. The past 11 I've seen have yielded a win, two draws and eight defeats. I hung in there until Reading at home, but heavens, the OP considers folk like me "fickle"...it's cost a small fortune to watch the spineless, shapeless tosh that's been served up in the majority of those matches. 

I like to be a glass half full person when it comes to City, but this has got to stop. I see no evidence that he has any idea how to arrest the slide. Fine if you believe otherwise, and I'd love to be proved wrong, but I see a man out of his depth, clueless...he has to be replaced by a manager who knows what he is doing if this club is to establish a firm footing at this level.

I'm in complete agreement with the OP.  For sure, Johnson has made many mistakes.  His reliance on a poor Bryan, his constant dropping of Golbourne, an odd switch to 3-5-2 mid season etc. He's also though been a little unlucky with key injuries (Smith, then O'Neil, then Smith again, Little then Matthews, getting an outstanding midfielder then your centre-back getting injured...). But there are also many positives.  I believe we have the best squad of players I've ever seen at City.  The performances have not been that bad.  The only game I've been disappointed with in terms of effort was Fleetwood.  I guess the 3 new signings could be seen as an excuse.  But it is just that.  We should have enough quality without needing the 3 new signings to beat a Lge 1 team (although 2 unexpected injuries was another misfortune during that game).

The highlighted portion really riles me.  The football has not been shapeless and spineless.  We played some of the best football since the play-off final season against Preston.  We took a 2-0 lead against the fourth placed team.  We took a 2-0 lead in a derby.  The eventual defeats in those games were in part due to Johnson but key players have also let him down.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's a statistically significant sample size and 79% is an overwhelming majority that makes it very unlikely that the broader view of the fanbase is much different. Sorry to break it to you.

Most polls of this nature bring out the naysayers far more than the "meh, whatevas" or "happy clappers".  The true poll is the end of games.  I heard a few half-hearted boos after Cardiff but they only lasted about 10 seconds.  Johnson still has the support of most fans although this statement will bring out all the mouthy naysayers again.

4 hours ago, glastonred said:

I know in the past few weeks the results haven't gone our way; and I know we've slipped down the table from 5th to 19th, but I'm still not pessimistic about our future. I have great faith in Lee Johnson turning things around. I am sick of the fickleness of fans, who whenever there is a poor period start baying for blood and demanding a change of manager. I would far rather stick with someone who has had a long association with City, and clearly loves this club, rather than a journeyman with no connection, who couldn't care less. I believe in giving managers a long period of time to make their mark, and I would like to see LJ in charge for many years to come. It's not as if we're in relegation form. Apart from against Brighton, we have played decent football and have often dominated possession. only slipping up from a lack of concentration at key moments which have cost us the game. I appreciate I may be overly optimistic, but I truly do not believe that we are playing relegation football. We're much better than that. We can turn this around. We can go forward with LJ at the helm, and we can begin to climb the league. We can be the team we all want City to be. We just have to have patience and hang in there. Our golden age could be just around the corner! IMG_0696.JPG

24 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I'm in complete agreement with the OP.  For sure, Johnson has made many mistakes.  His reliance on a poor Bryan, his constant dropping of Golbourne, an odd switch to 3-5-2 mid season etc. He's also though been a little unlucky with key injuries (Smith, then O'Neil, then Smith again, Little then Matthews, getting an outstanding midfielder then your centre-back getting injured...). But there are also many positives.  I believe we have the best squad of players I've ever seen at City.  The performances have not been that bad.  The only game I've been disappointed with in terms of effort was Fleetwood.  I guess the 3 new signings could be seen as an excuse.  But it is just that.  We should have enough quality without needing the 3 new signings to beat a Lge 1 team (although 2 unexpected injuries was another misfortune during that game).

The highlighted portion really riles me.  The football has not been shapeless and spineless.  We played some of the best football since the play-off final season against Preston.  We took a 2-0 lead against the fourth placed team.  We took a 2-0 lead in a derby.  The eventual defeats in those games were in part due to Johnson but key players have also let him down.

Most polls of this nature bring out the naysayers far more than the "meh, whatevas" or "happy clappers".  The true poll is the end of games.  I heard a few half-hearted boos after Cardiff but they only lasted about 10 seconds.  Johnson still has the support of most fans although this statement will bring out all the mouthy naysayers again.

We actually took a 1-0 lead in the derby then went 2-1 up.Do you think we have played well this season? Were you there?

At the end of last season I was so looking forward to the start of this one as I thought some of our performances promised so much for this season.

I haven't enjoyed the football as much this season but whilst we were winning I thought that the good stuff would follow.Sadly it's been the opposite,What I've been watching recently has been poor and yes we've only lost by the odd goal but we seem to have got the losing mentality running through the team.

Forest this week is massive because if we get beat by the odd goal again which some people think isn't that bad then we will be in deep s##t. 

1 hour ago, CityCiderEd said:

We actually took a 1-0 lead in the derby then went 2-1 up.Do you think we have played well this season? Were you there?

At the end of last season I was so looking forward to the start of this one as I thought some of our performances promised so much for this season.

I haven't enjoyed the football as much this season but whilst we were winning I thought that the good stuff would follow.Sadly it's been the opposite,What I've been watching recently has been poor and yes we've only lost by the odd goal but we seem to have got the losing mentality running through the team.

Forest this week is massive because if we get beat by the odd goal again which some people think isn't that bad then we will be in deep s##t. 

Remind me who was in charge for the second half of last season, when you felt so good about things..?

Teams have bad runs. Yes, this is an exceptionally bad run, granted. 

If we were regularly getting thumped by 3,4,5 goals then I'd agree that's it's a lost cause. 

At the moment, still, I don't think it is. We ARE competetive. We HAVE had some bad luck. We HAVE lost games to stupid individual errors. 

Trust me, it's hard to defend things at the moment, but when I've seen City as a lost cause before and this ISN'T one of those times, yet..! 

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Remind me who was in charge for the second half of last season, when you felt so good about things..?

Teams have bad runs. Yes, this is an exceptionally bad run, granted. 

If we were regularly getting thumped by 3,4,5 goals then I'd agree that's it's a lost cause. 

At the moment, still, I don't think it is. We ARE competetive. We HAVE had some bad luck. We HAVE lost games to stupid individual errors. 

Trust me, it's hard to defend things at the moment, but when I've seen City as a lost cause before and this ISN'T one of those times, yet..! 

I'll be honest BS3 I have only come away from a few games with a buzz this year,Leeds and Villa were two of them but on the whole whilst we've been competitive some of the football has been dire.I'm not anti LJ but feel the constant changing of players and formations hasn't helped at all and we seem to be a shadow of the team that finished last season so strongly.I'm just hoping that we sort it out and start bloody getting some points on the board.

Archived