IGNORED

The non-official Fleetwood v City in the FA Cup replay match day thread

Septic Peg

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Unlike most of us, he may actually do a job of work or have other interests apart from OTIB! ;-)

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

City will have some excuse tonight about backing off and not pressing. PHWAWWW  what a pong.  (Cods heads rubbed into the Fleetwood shorts)

You don't often see shorts with codpieces, it would explain the backing off! 

2 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

I take it Fleetwood FC has floodlights and it won't be an early KO like Saturday when I bloody missed it :(

According to my non-extensive research, the stadium does come complete with a modern set of floodlights. If they are actually working, sadly, I'm not at liberty to say.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Think he's in the Philippines now. It's 21.40 in Manila right now. KO time means it'll be quarter to 4 am in Manila so doubt Hav will be on later.

Quite right... and its now time for my bedtime.

43 minutes ago, BigTone said:

NW1 7DB

I bet you frequent the 'Fifty Five Bar' you do. And there was me thinking you live in some chateau near Cahors; Camden Lock it is then.

35 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Which is when he may do his job or interest..........conjures up all sorts of depraved thoughts!!!

Impossible for me to comment I am afraid. ;)

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Quite right... and its now time for my bedtime.

Don't worry. I'm not a crazed stalker. I have family friends in Manila. They moved out there from Bristol years ago. Haven't spoken to them in ages but I always bend an ear if Manila comes up in a news report.

7 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Is the game going to be on Radio Bristol - or do I need to start looking for FT's local station ?

It`s the FA Cup so commentary should be available via the BBC Sport website. They normally just list the games, you click on what you want and job`s a good `un. You might get Radio Lancashire commentary or something rather than RB on there but I suspect they`ll be concentrating on the bigger games like Burnley v Sunderland so BBC may go with ours.

Forgetting what's been before, all the rumours, and how vital this match could be in LJ's future, I'm going to assess it for what it is:

The second leg of a tie against a League One side, after we failed to win or even score in the first leg, at home. 

If we needed a yardstick to measure our current quality and see where we are, then this is it. 

I fail to see how LJ can go anything other than all guns blazing and field our strongest side unless he has assurances that we don't know about. The lineup will tell us a lot. Under strength shows me that he's not moving any time soon because he'll be backed regardless.

I really hope that's not the case. 

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

I bet you frequent the 'Fifty Five Bar' you do. And there was me thinking you live in some chateau near Cahors; Camden Lock it is then.

The Fifty Five is right next door to my office, however I have never been in it !

The Chateau is closed for winter so I stay in my apartment in Weymouth.

Pubs in Fleetwood. For those faithful followers heading to the replay I believe the nearest pub to the ground, that welcomes away supporters, is The Strawberry Gardens: www.strawberrygardensfleetwood.co.uk/ if you fancy an alternative The Three Lights looks OK: www.threelightspubfleetwood.co.uk/

There are plenty of fish shops too apparently.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Could it be that Reid and Golbourne are on their way out too?

Matthews isn't fit again we are told.

Strange isn't it. I've always thought SG looked our best LB, not as good a player as JB, but a better LB.

With Reid, can't say I'd be devastated. As good as he can be, he also has flashes of being a liability. But I can see why some love him. 

Archived