IGNORED

The non-official Fleetwood v City in the FA Cup replay match day thread

Septic Peg

17 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I remember when we were on a bad run whilst GJ was manager, imo that run felt far worse than this run. The run ended I think with a hard fought 1 nil win against Tranmere I think? That win changed everything and a little over two years later we were one game from the premiership.

The point I'm making is who would have thought a win against Tranmere woukd be a catalyst to the success we then enjoyed?

I'm hoping tonight's result could well have a similar effect.

Think you got it a bit the wrong way round, I think the 1-0 win vs Tranmere was the last victory before the nine defeats in a row, then we beat Huddersfield 2-0 to turn it round after the ninth defeat!

5 hours ago, cynic said:

Listening to the Fleetwood commentary last night, they were very taken with Joe Bryan - "best player on the pitch".

Saw some brief highlights and Bryan looked to be well up for it with a couple of fast interceptions which nearly resulted in goals.

Hopefully he can carry that forward to Forest, be interested to get the opinion of someone who was at the game.

Most people forget that Joe Bryan was one of the best young players in League 1, only 2 years ago. His performances under Cotts as our LWB were consistantly good for literally the whole of that promotion season, and he rightly earned his place in the L1 team of the year.

I don't think it's helped his progress by chopping and changing his role in the side every other week, and I hope now that we get to see the best of Joe, now that he's back in his strongest position.

Archived